Who wants to see Ripley's clone kick alien AND predator ass?

Started by DarthSidious, Jan 12, 2008, 06:32:55 AM

Would you like to see a AVP with Ripley's clone?

Yes
No
Screw you and your dumb ideas
Maybe
I'm confused...
Author
Who wants to see Ripley's clone kick alien AND predator ass? (Read 6,027 times)

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 14, 2008, 09:35:50 AM
Quote from: DarthSidious on Jan 14, 2008, 06:41:39 AMEDIT:  I am so sick of all this AVPR bashing, if you want a character-driven emotional film, go drown yourself while watching the Titanic movie or any of those other dumb films.  There is a story to AVPR.  Aliens get loose, Pred comes to kill them.  That's it and that's fine with me.  I loved the film (went to see it twice) and  I shall be happy to purchase the AVPR dvd.

I wasn't talking about it from a personal perspective; purely from a financial one. For their sake, I hope the worldwide take and the DVD sales are amazing.

Well actually, i was responding to your signature :D

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2008, 08:41:15 AM
QuoteEDIT:  I am so sick of all this AVPR bashing, if you want a character-driven emotional film, go drown yourself while watching the Titanic movie or any of those other dumb films.

Like the original Alien films - yeah they all suck.

As for you being sick of AvP2 bashing - suck shit.  That's what I've been doing for the last 10 years when people shitcan Resurrection.

If you think they all suck, why bother even being on these forums? 

Cellien

Cellien

While SM's constant negativity can get annoying occasionally, he has a right to be a fan of the franchise regardless of how much Fox has been screwing it up.  I'm a fan, but generally hated AvP-R as with many others on this forum.  There's no reason why we can't be here for the films we do like.  AvP-R has many critical flaws discussed countless times.  But coming from somone that thinks character-driven films with emotion "suck" then it's obvious we can't expect you to understand what makes AvP-R so unenjoyable to the rest of us.

Eidotemit

I find SM's sharp comments amusing. Keep up the good work mate.

DarthSidious

DarthSidious

Quote from: Cellien on Jan 14, 2008, 10:57:09 PM
While SM's constant negativity can get annoying occasionally, he has a right to be a fan of the franchise regardless of how much Fox has been screwing it up.  I'm a fan, but generally hated AvP-R as with many others on this forum.  There's no reason why we can't be here for the films we do like.  AvP-R has many critical flaws discussed countless times.  But coming from somone that thinks character-driven films with emotion "suck" then it's obvious we can't expect you to understand what makes AvP-R so unenjoyable to the rest of us.

I am just trying to understand how can one enjoy the franchise if they think the movies suck, i mean, the films ARE the franchise if he doesn't read the novels (which I highly recommend, they are the best!).

And I don't think that character-driven emotional films suck.  I just never consider any Predator/Alien film to be character or emotional driven.  You can easily say ripley to counter that, but I couldn't care much about ripley's character development.  I am more interested in the background stuff, like how greedy the company is (considering human lives expendable over potential profits on advance weaponry- the alien)

SiL

He was being sarcastic when he said the movies suck :-\

Cellien

DarthSidious

oops, my sarcastic detector sucks :D

Dasani

I'd like to an alien AND predator kick Ripley's ass.

Cellien

Quote from: DarthSidious on Jan 15, 2008, 01:04:06 AM
oops, my sarcastic detector sucks :D

Heh, well at least you're honest.  :)

DarthSidious

Quote from: Dasani on Jan 15, 2008, 03:52:38 AM
I'd like to an alien AND predator kick Ripley's ass.

hm, a new poll............

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed