NECA's 18" ALIEN

Started by Dragonblaster, Jan 11, 2008, 06:55:44 PM

Author
NECA's 18" ALIEN (Read 99,413 times)

Rafael S.

Rafael S.

2 months have pass and I still don't feel like buying this.
Man, I feel happy.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I need to glue on the foot yet again  >:(

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Again??! Didn't you glue it back on like 3 months ago b/c your dad broke it?

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Yeah I did but it just keeps falling off. I don't even touch it and it falls over and the foot is detached. I am going to have to use something stronger than super glue this time.

Predator-S

Predator-S

I saw the figure at a mall yesterday (50 Euro) but one of the legs was missing  >:(

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Are you sure it wasn't hidden behind something in the box?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Sep 30, 2008, 09:24:07 AM
Yeah I did but it just keeps falling off. I don't even touch it and it falls over and the foot is detached. I am going to have to use something stronger than super glue this time.

You could try bracing it with something.

Predator-S

Predator-S

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Sep 30, 2008, 12:41:45 PM
Are you sure it wasn't hidden behind something in the box?
No, the thing wasn't in a box. The leg was missing but I asked the sales girl only about the price.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

How much did she say it was?

And DoomRulz, what should I brace it with?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm not entirely sure. Super glue it into place, then try...placing a piece of solid plastic or something along the sides.

For example, when the tail broke off my wooden model T.Rex, I had to glue the joining piece together, but to keep it in one piece, I glued half of a used popsicle stick on either side of it so that it would keep stable.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I might use a glue called 'No Nails' which is apparently strong enough to hold up an entire shelf without nails. That should work. If not I'll go with your idea. Oh and as my room is a bright blue the clear plastic on the dome and hinges of the jaw absorbs the colour and makes it glow purple. Which looks odd.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Dont use too much glue, the plastic might melt away :-\ I used just from Bison i think, wich still works, or you can ust a nail in it and then add it towards the other end, thats what my grandpa did with my Alien queen when she broke in two, she was real heavy on the chest, now shes standing like a house :)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I will glue it with this No Nails glue and if that doesn't work, he can go to rest.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Sep 30, 2008, 08:41:58 PM
I will glue it with this No Nails glue and if that doesn't work, he can go to rest.

Nnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooo :'(

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed