alien 3 final cut

Started by ubcool, Jan 05, 2008, 02:22:04 PM

Author
alien 3 final cut (Read 10,001 times)

Thedus

Thedus

Comparing the burster with the young adult that Murphy finds we can see subtle differences in the alien - implying that it's grown. Even if we ignore that the fact Murphy finds a shed skin is indication that the alien is getting larger.

Here are some shots before it scampers away after emerging. Sorry, I don't have any screen caps from the theatrical release at the moment.  But I believe the same puppet was used, the scene was just re-edited and spliced into new shots with a dog.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Thats rather big for being a chestburster, dont you think?

Thedus

Thedus

Yes it is.  It's HUGE!

I don't remember it it's ever legitimately explained as to why ADI made it so big (probably related to puppetry and articulation), but from a biological stand point it might be that the alien embryo will develop to a point that its host body can accommodate.  Meaning that an ox has a much larger area of development in its chest than a human does, so an alien embryo is able to gestate a little longer to allow for further development.  Basically the idea that some organisms can grow to match its environment.  However, its probably more related to the fact that an ox is much larger than a human, its young are larger than human offspring, therefore an alien born of an ox would be larger than an alien born of a human.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I don't know how to explain the development inside of the ox, but isn't in possible that the chestburser in Alien 3's theatrical cut developed that way because of the canine life cyle? Dogs develop in a much shorter time than what humans require. Perhaps the Alien chestburster is more larval in creatures such as ourselves and is prone to overdevelop in creatures whose young develop faster than the human infant. We've already seen it established that they take host traits from an embryonic stage. Perhaps the chestburster stage is no different from the adult stage in acquiring host traits.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Jan 08, 2008, 09:25:10 PM
I don't know how to explain the development inside of the ox, but isn't in possible that the chestburser in Alien 3's theatrical cut developed that way because of the canine life cyle? Dogs develop in a much shorter time than what humans require. Perhaps the Alien chestburster is more larval in creatures such as ourselves and is prone to overdevelop in creatures whose young develop faster than the human infant.

I think thats the best way to explain it. I mean, its so developed than a chestburster should be developed.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well if we're going by the AC, remember it killed the Ox.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 08, 2008, 09:52:22 PM
Well if we're going by the AC, remember it killed the Ox.

That's true, which is why I'm at a loss to try and explain the ox sequence. The dog theory doesn't really apply to cattle.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Thedus on Jan 08, 2008, 08:47:09 PM
Comparing the burster with the young adult that Murphy finds we can see subtle differences in the alien - implying that it's grown. Even if we ignore that the fact Murphy finds a shed skin is indication that the alien is getting larger.

Here are some shots before it scampers away after emerging. Sorry, I don't have any screen caps from the theatrical release at the moment.  But I believe the same puppet was used, the scene was just re-edited and spliced into new shots with a dog.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Chest_Fiorina011.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Chest_Fiorina010.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Chest_Fiorina012.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Chest_Fiorina013.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/Thedus/screencaps/Chest_Fiorina015.jpg

Try a shot of when the creature first emerges from it's chest and it''s arms are under it's chin, with the ox/dogalien standing shots.

I think it grows in a sequencing of shots is what I've been trying to say.

I don't think the cb initially is as big as the alien shown very soon after.  Think the alien tucking it's head and shedding some of it's skin implies that it is growing almost as soon as it shoots out of the dog.

SM

SM

QuoteI think it grows in a sequencing of shots is what I've been trying to say.

I don't.

Is there a point of reference?

Xhan

Xhan

If you're going to go OU --> IU then you most assuredly see it two different stages as the puppet for birthing is completely different in shape than the "shooter" puppet, thus verifying a different state.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Jan 09, 2008, 04:24:18 AM
QuoteI think it grows in a sequencing of shots is what I've been trying to say.

I don't.

Is there a point of reference?

Little baby buster is notably different shape, then buster shedding skin.

If Xhan is right, then it is true because it's two different makes of the dogalien model.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I do see a difference in the Chestbuster we actually see coming from the Ox, just that as soon as it emerges it seems to be far more developed than any other Alien so soon after birthing.

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jan 09, 2008, 05:25:15 AM
I do see a difference in the Chestbuster we actually see coming from the Ox, just that as soon as it emerges it seems to be far more developed than any other Alien so soon after birthing.

Seems like AVP was right after all, wasnt it? ;)

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Yeah, lol, i guess he wasn't so wrong about the timing of the Alien Life Cycle  ;)

Of course provided he did see Alien 3 you woul think he would have noticed Bishops red blood @ the end...

Commander Aun

Commander Aun

Quote from: Spidey3121 on Jan 09, 2008, 05:47:07 AM
Yeah, lol, i guess he wasn't so wrong about the timing of the Alien Life Cycle  ;)

Of course provided he did see Alien 3 you woul think he would have noticed Bishops red blood @ the end...

It doesnt matter to me that there are two bishops in different time cycles. If you use your head, it makes perfect sense. Doesnt need to be complicated.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed