Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 874,173 times)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

That's cool man, I didn't know there was multiple versions of the game! I also have that newer Legendary Encounters Alien Deck Building game but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I really would like to get my hands on the Aliens board game I think came out in the 90s.

windebieste

windebieste

This is the standard US edition:

This is the Italian version:

It's contents are a little different, too:

I'll dig out my Australian edition in the next day or so, take a photo and post that.  There's not any big difference between it and the US edition like the dramatically different Italian pressing except the badging and printing of the instruction sheet (if I remember correctly, this is missing from my copy) are local Toltoys badging.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 07:14:55 AM
That's cool man, I didn't know there was multiple versions of the game! I also have that newer Legendary Encounters Alien Deck Building game but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I really would like to get my hands on the Aliens board game I think came out in the 90s.

Legendary Encounters is a fantastic game! I recommend getting that beast out and playing! Have you sorted through it all yet? That's the biggest ballache with it!

I keep periodically looking for the Alien boardgame and the Aliens one, the Leading Edge one. They just cost a bit more than I'm ever willing to spend at the time.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Wow Windebieste! I actually quite like that Italian version. I really dig that it has a big version of what it just a little side box logo on our versions. Thanks for showing!

& to Corporal Hicks, I definitely did at least open the Legendary Encounters the day I bought it because I was reading online that some people were reporting missing cards so I kinda panicked, found a card list online & started separating. Luckily my deck is fully intact phew haha I really do want to try it out sometime soon though. Trying to get my brother interested to play with me. He's a big Alien fan too but not much for board games like that.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 09:34:46 AM
Wow Windebieste! I actually quite like that Italian version. I really dig that it has a big version of what it just a little side box logo on our versions. Thanks for showing!

That old logo is probably one of my favourites for the series! I have always loved it.

Quote& to Corporal Hicks, I definitely did at least open the Legendary Encounters the day I bought it because I was reading online that some people were reporting missing cards so I kinda panicked, found a card list online & started separating. Luckily my deck is fully intact phew haha I really do want to try it out sometime soon though. Trying to get my brother interested to play with me. He's a big Alien fan too but not much for board games like that.

It's more of a card game if that helps you pursuade him.  :P

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I agree, that logo is damn great looking. Would be nice to see on a shirt if one exists for it. I'll keep trying to persuade my brother for sure. That thing set me back 70 bucks haha It's not gonna go to waste. I need to get the Predator version sometime too but I know how ya feel when it comes to prices of things. Way too much cool stuff out there & I don't make enough cash to go spend crazy on it. However my Wayne's World "It will be mine" moment is certainly reserved for that latest Neca Queen. It's such a beauty!

windebieste

windebieste

Funko, Super 7,  Gentle Giant and other companies have recently resurrected and been using the old logo since around 2013:

While I'm not a big fan of T-shirts, one featuring the logo does appeal to me a lot.  As luck would have it, you can purchase one directly from the Super 7 online store.  Nice, huh.   ;D

The logo originally appeared on the packaging for Kenner's 1979 release of their action figure, the board game and the manual hand crank movie viewer.  Ti's a cool logo.  yes.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 10:07:07 AM
I agree, that logo is damn great looking. Would be nice to see on a shirt if one exists for it.

Quote from: windebieste on Mar 16, 2016, 10:38:14 AM
While I'm not a big fan of T-shirts, one featuring the logo does appeal to me a lot.  As luck would have it, you can purchase one directly from the Super 7 online store.  Nice, huh.   ;D

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0726/9103/products/alien_logo_tee_1024x1024.gif?v=1446765800

And just got janked by winde.  :laugh:

QuoteI'll keep trying to persuade my brother for sure. That thing set me back 70 bucks haha It's not gonna go to waste. I need to get the Predator version sometime too but I know how ya feel when it comes to prices of things. Way too much cool stuff out there & I don't make enough cash to go spend crazy on it.

Yeah, they are a bit pricey but damn worth it in my eyes. The amount of fun I've had with the Alien and Predator versions! There's a new Aliens themed expansion coming out later this too year. I'm really looking forward to that one!

QuoteHowever my Wayne's World "It will be mine" moment is certainly reserved for that latest Neca Queen. It's such a beauty!

I'd love to pick her up too. Can't quite bring myself to spend £100 on her when I remember picking up the McFarlanes one for £30.  :laugh:

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Winde, you are my hero for showing me a shirt with that logo exists thanks!! I don't have any Alien shirts but that I would like to have at least. I've been meaning to get on those ReAction figures while the price of them is still pretty reasonable. Too much cool stuff & not enough money to satisfy my cravings haha Do you know if that Alien Hive set Funko did up was actually released or was that just a convention type thing?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 16, 2016, 10:41:02 AM
I'd love to pick her up too. Can't quite bring myself to spend £100 on her when I remember picking up the McFarlanes one for £30.  :laugh:

I'd have to check what the conversion is from Pounds to Canadian but over here they want about $200 for the Queen. Such a brutal price tag & I think it was $140 for the Power Loader. One day.. one day haha  :P

*Just fixed the quote tags - Corporal Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on Mar 16, 2016, 11:16:03 AM
I've been meaning to get on those ReAction figures while the price of them is still pretty reasonable. Too much cool stuff & not enough money to satisfy my cravings haha Do you know if that Alien Hive set Funko did up was actually released or was that just a convention type thing?

The ReAction stuff tends to sit around £10 which I think is pretty good. The Hive set was available to buy online at the time. I think the shop sold out though. There might be some on eBay but I expect they'll be silly.  :-\

I'd have to check what the conversion is from Pounds to Canadian but over here they want about $200 for the Queen. Such a brutal price tag & I think it was $140 for the Power Loader. One day.. one day haha  :P

Too right. Someday. lol

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Haha thanks for fixing the quote tags there! A bit rusty getting back into the forum world, got so used to Facebook I'm forgetting things haha
Yea the ReAction's are the same over here too sitting at $10. Never seen one in a store ever so they'll have to be online bought for sure. Damn kinda figured that Hive Set was something that wouldn't stick around for long. I don't even want to know how much people want to rape us collectors on that one on ebay ha. First world collector problems  ;)

windebieste

windebieste

Due to the high demand of the blue boxed hive play set Funko and Super 7 produced for Comic Con 2014, they released a 2nd black box edition.  I believe both are sold out. 

Yes.  Ebay is the sad, last resort for acquiring these items.

-Windebieste.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Damn that's too bad. Looks pretty awesome though! It that your personal collection? Here's a silly pic I took with my Genocide set last year..(Sorry been ages since I was last on a forum & am forgetting how to post pics properly. I'll get the hang on it again soon enough)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153231689127551&set=a.436842052550.216301.589382550&type=3&theater

windebieste

windebieste

That red Alien needs a dozen empty bottles of beer scattered around it. 

Yes.  From my collection.   Living in Australia means these things are ridiculously hard to come by.  Only for the dedicated and the foolhardy.  I'm a bit of both, I'm afraid.

-Windebieste.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Haha agreed some bottles need to be laying around. It was done up to look like Samus killed the red one, black one is crying about it. I used some Ninja Turtle slime to simulated the acid blood :P

Nothing wrong with being dedicated & foolhardy man. Even though availability is a little better for me in Canada, we get raped by the almighty US dollar. Our dollar at the moment is the lowest it has even been in comparison so my buying anything from the US has been put on hold until it gets better. The collector side of me is screaming because I need something new to add soon. & the sad thing is, Aliens is definitely not the only thing I'm dedicated to. It's the main thing but not the only. I'm also a Transformer nut too & old school nes/snes & a huge comic nerd haha It never ends

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed