Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 870,639 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 24, 2016, 01:01:55 PM
A complete set of boxed Gentle Giant 24 inch Kenner Alien tribute figures:

You managed to get a hold of all of them after all? Very impressive!

Quote from: BlackOmegaPsi on Feb 24, 2016, 06:13:17 PM
So, obligatory collection post  ;D

Thanks for sharing, OmegaPsi. How do you feel how you've joined the ranks of the adult collectors?  :P

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  Ya, I got 'em all now.  It's been murder on my savings, though. 

Now that I've got a complete set, I'm super curious about what NECA will release as part of their range of Kenner tribute figures.  That's an announcement I'm itching to see get made.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 25, 2016, 12:21:20 PM
Ya.  Ya, I got 'em all now.  It's been murder on my savings, though. 

God, I bet! As long as you're a happy chappy though.

Now that I've got a complete set, I'm super curious about what NECA will release as part of their range of Kenner tribute figures.  That's an announcement I'm itching to see get made.

I'm hoping they still got outlandish but make it look good!

BlackOmegaPsi

BlackOmegaPsi

QuoteThat is so awesome! Dead Space is one of my favorite video game series. It reminds me so much of ALIEN, especially the first game. You have an awesome case. I know those NECA figures go for a lot, so I hope you were able to get them at a good price. You're very wise to only buy the ones you find appealing, because you save so much space and money compared to myself lol.

Thanks mate!) Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the DS franchise, and that Kotobukiya statue is my grail, lol - I've all the artbooks, big and small, the dev team edition of DS3, and some other things.

Well, it's not actually a case per se, it's an Ikea Besto section mounted on my wall, which honestly, I prefer to a Detolf. Yeah, it has less space, but on the other hand, I was able to hide all the wiring from the LED lighting, and it has mirrors inside.

Actually, when I bought the figures, they didn't cost much. The Clarke's that I got from Neca were only like 2 years out, I guess, so they went for about 30 bucks on ebay, maybe less. Now, my MacFarlane Movie Maniacs Thing creature, that was hard to find at a below 50 bucks price in the mint condition I got it in, with all the tentacles intact.

And as for buying only what I like - well, yeah, I'm not a completionist. I'm currently eyeing a Prometheus 2-pack with a damaged Engineer and Trilobite, and waiting for preorders to open on the translucent Alien prototype... and maybe, maaaaaybe I'll get a Gordon Freeman from HL2 which now became quite rare and expensive, from NECA. Plus still got more books to get ;D

QuoteThanks for sharing, OmegaPsi. How do you feel how you've joined the ranks of the adult collectors?  :P
Dirty, mate. Hella dirty)

@Windebieste.

Maaan, so many Kenner and GG Aliens... what made you collect this specific line? The retro feel? Honestly, even tho I can't say that's something I'd get for my collection (sticking to Neca 7-inch scale), they're incredibly detailed for a mold that's over 30 years old. Still amazes me.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: BlackOmegaPsi on Feb 25, 2016, 05:16:30 PM@Windebieste.

Maaan, so many Kenner and GG Aliens... what made you collect this specific line? The retro feel? Honestly, even tho I can't say that's something I'd get for my collection (sticking to Neca 7-inch scale), they're incredibly detailed for a mold that's over 30 years old. Still amazes me.

Coz, y'know... *shrugs*  I just like 'em.   ;D

I bought mostly degraded ones - espeicially during the last year or so.  Cheap.  Well, cheaper than good quality samples of the same thing and I got hooked on repairing them.  I've had sooo much fun bringing them back to decent display condition - it's also been very good therapy for combating onset depression.  (I was diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in my hip early last year and some days now I can barely walk. Messing around with these things helped me a lot to lift my spirits, overcome and deal with that problem and to make it a lot easier to manage.).  They're great items for several reasons.  It is the very first Alien action figure ever made.  It's got a crazy history which can no other action figure will live up to.  The reputation this thing has will never be matched.  Got a broken part?  No problem.  Unlike many action figures, they can be easily dismantled and repaired.  As you note, it's an amazing mold for its vintage - the detail on these things is phenomenal.  Plus, I owned my very first one when it was released in 1979, more than 30 years ago so I've had more than ample time to acquire more and have a life long fascination with them. 

Lately I've been very interested in the NECA stuff as well.  NECA have done a great job with their range overall.  Stompy is just AWESOME!  I'm also looking forward to the translucent variant of the Big Chap. 

-Windebieste.

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Finally got a pic of my bobblehead collection. You will notice the shelf also has all of my novels on it as well as the Alien Pop Toy. The only bobblehead I need now is the Facehugger. Unfortunately it is very hard to find and if you do it is usually expensive. There were a couple I saw for a decent price but I missed them :(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They're quite old now aren't they? I had the Alien one many many moons ago. Don't know where it went though.

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Yeah they are getting up there in age, I believe from around 1998 or so if I remember right. I had just the Predator and Alien from back when they came out and then my cat knocked the Pred down and broke his wrist gauntlet, mandible an some dreds so I got another one. But I was able to glue most of the pieces back on and use a few markers to get it back to normal so I just kept it and now have two! The queen I got off ebay just last year or two and it wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it was going to be. It was only about 20.00 with a bit for shipping. I keep checking for the facehugger; hopefully one of these days :)

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Feb 29, 2016, 11:05:19 PM
Yeah they are getting up there in age, I believe from around 1998 or so if I remember right. I had just the Predator and Alien from back when they came out and then my cat knocked the Pred down and broke his wrist gauntlet, mandible an some dreds so I got another one. But I was able to glue most of the pieces back on and use a few markers to get it back to normal so I just kept it and now have two! The queen I got off ebay just last year or two and it wasn't nearly as expensive as I thought it was going to be. It was only about 20.00 with a bit for shipping. I keep checking for the facehugger; hopefully one of these days :)
No kidding on the price of the facehugger! I finally completed my bobblehead collection a couple years ago, which includes the Alien, Facehugger, Queen, Predator Masked, unmasked and Predator 2. What I did was set up Search Alerts whenever someone listed one (in the USA for me). Good luck. And very nice on the repair job. Honestly, I received a broken mini bust of the Grid Alien (dorsal spines all broken) so I glued what I could but it doesn't look great. I can't tell from your picture of any damage, looks great!

Machiko Naguchi

Machiko Naguchi

Thanks I must have done well on the repairs because I looked the other day and I couldn't even find them!

I guess I don't have the masked predator from the second movie but I think one of each type is good enough for me. Unless I find a cheap one  :)

I didn't know about search alerts, I will have to check that out.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Machiko Naguchi on Mar 02, 2016, 12:03:59 AM
Thanks I must have done well on the repairs because I looked the other day and I couldn't even find them!

I guess I don't have the masked predator from the second movie but I think one of each type is good enough for me. Unless I find a cheap one  :)

I didn't know about search alerts, I will have to check that out.
I believe it's found under saved searches. You can save searches for quick access and toggle alerts on or off for new items matching the parameters.

Eldritch_DM

Eldritch_DM

Quote from: BlackOmegaPsi on Feb 24, 2016, 06:13:17 PM
So, obligatory collection post  ;D

How, good sir, did you manage to get the Dog figure to pose like that without falling over all the time? lol

Also, I'm envious of your nice little Dead Space collection, also one of my favorite games.

BlackOmegaPsi

BlackOmegaPsi

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Mar 09, 2016, 05:39:27 AM

How, good sir, did you manage to get the Dog figure to pose like that without falling over all the time? lol

Also, I'm envious of your nice little Dead Space collection, also one of my favorite games.

Funny thing, that ;D The stand that the figure came with, with the C clamp, broke in like a month after the Dog alien's purchase - namely, one of the "C"s ends broke off. But it now allows me to display the figure like that dynamically, because it fits now perfectly in the figure's thigh joint, and bending it a bit to the side allows the fig to sort of "sit" on the broken clamp. It doesn't fall over, nothing!

Yeah, the Dead Space merch is one I'm most proud off - probably for complete and utter happiness I'd like the huge Sideshow DS1 statue, but that thing is too monstrous to fit anywhere. The Threezero Isaac Clarke looks too unrefined and doll-like, the Play Arts Kai has ridiculous proportions, and I'm not interested in the tacky SDCC exclusive Unitology Suit Neca fig... and aside from that, I've got almost everything I wanted  ;)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Here's a majority of what I have for Aliens stuff. It's not everything but most of it..
https://www.facebook.com/bobby.rafuse.7/media_set?set=a.10152477516382551.1073741880.589382550&type=3

windebieste

windebieste

You have a dual language version of the board game, Canadian version, I guess.  That's really nice.  I have an American and an Australian edition of the game.  The Aussie version is badged with Toltoys, the local distributor of the item, rather than Kenner. 

I think there's an Italian version of it, too.  I think it was packaged in a green box instead of blue.

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed