Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 870,636 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Haha! Being a rebel?  :P I like singles but they're a bit of a storage problem. I plan on getting rid of my singles for the TBPs soon.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

I'd also like to share with you guys this book
an awesome showcase of Giger's work.

My older brother found it while looking in a book store near his home in New York City, he was told it was a book printed as part of a art show in Brooklyn. So he knew i would love it and sent it as a birthday gift. This version of the book is slightly different than the version was only purchasable during the exhibit.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 17, 2016, 09:15:11 AM
Haha! Being a rebel?  :P I like singles but they're a bit of a storage problem. I plan on getting rid of my singles for the TBPs soon.

Lol i collect the singles AND TBP's. I've got to re-check and see what i've got and what i'm missing lol

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 17, 2016, 12:39:54 PM

Lol i collect the singles AND TBP's. I've got to re-check and see what i've got and what i'm missing lol
that's the goal!!  that'll be a wonderful day when the set is complete  ;D

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: future_Tarzan³ on Feb 17, 2016, 04:34:21 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 17, 2016, 12:39:54 PM

that's the goal!!  that'll be a wonderful day when the set is complete  ;D
Indeed it will :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Basically just stealing ideas from xeno_alpha now...

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Not really a new purchase at all - in fact I've had it years - but I've never actually put any pictures of it up.

This guy:

As you can probably see, he's made entirely out of scrap metal. I particularly love the spark plug Plasmacaster.

One rusty motherf*cker.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Very nice! I love the craftsmanship in those. They weigh a ton.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, he weighs a ton. They had one in the same shop that was almost lifesize, I can only imagine how much that must have weighed!

windebieste

windebieste

A complete set of boxed Gentle Giant 24 inch Kenner Alien tribute figures:

4 boxes.  (Left) Glow in the Dark, (Center Left) Replica figure, (Center Right) Gold vac metal 35th Anniversary Edition, (Right) Silver vac metal 35th Anniversary Edition.  Standing in front of the Gold and Silver boxes is an additional loose Gentle Giant Replica figure.  So, 5 of 'em; and each of these arseholes stands 24 inches tall. 

The loose duplicate figure has been subject to dismantling and personal learning exercises.  I wanted to know what makes him tick.  He's actually pretty intriguing inside.  I should document the changes that Gentle Giant implemented to the figure and post the findings online.  Some of it's quite interesting.

-Windebieste.

BlackOmegaPsi

BlackOmegaPsi

So, obligatory collection post  ;D

I started collecting in 2014, when I saw the Deacon figure in a local book shop and was like "maaan, that would look rad on my desk" - mostly because it's a small and dark figure, and doesn't look all too action-y. Before that I was sort of prejudiced towards adult collectors, and never envisioned to be one myself, being in one's later twenties.

The Deacon was prancing alone on my desk for the next couple of months, when a thought popped in my head - "gee, I wonder if someone makes video game figures, and if someone made a figure from my favorite game, Dead Space!". Sure they did. And so began the slippery slope of scouring through eBay, looking for the perfect memorabilia and even buying a display case.

I have a really small collection of goodies that grows very slowly cuz I'm picky - I buy figures that I like, and which I find thematically fit with my science horror theme I've got going for this collection. Aside from the figures I collect various snippets, artbooks and lit, and have more stuff not show in the display - mostly artbooks, posters and DVDs. New stuff is on it's way too - NECA's Alien Isolation Xenomorph, and two preorded NECA Cinemachines.

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

noice

windebieste

windebieste

I gotta get myself a decent display case. ...or cases, as the case may be.  lol. 

All my stuff (books, games, toys, other goodies...) is currently in boxes.  I'm renovating the house and tearing up carpet means everything has to be easily mobile from one room to another while working on this slow and tedious effort.

-Windebieste.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: BlackOmegaPsi on Feb 24, 2016, 06:13:17 PM
So, obligatory collection post  ;D

I started collecting in 2014, when I saw the Deacon figure in a local book shop and was like "maaan, that would look rad on my desk" - mostly because it's a small and dark figure, and doesn't look all too action-y. Before that I was sort of prejudiced towards adult collectors, and never envisioned to be one myself, being in one's later twenties.

The Deacon was prancing alone on my desk for the next couple of months, when a thought popped in my head - "gee, I wonder if someone makes video game figures, and if someone made a figure from my favorite game, Dead Space!". Sure they did. And so began the slippery slope of scouring through eBay, looking for the perfect memorabilia and even buying a display case.

I have a really small collection of goodies that grows very slowly cuz I'm picky - I buy figures that I like, and which I find thematically fit with my science horror theme I've got going for this collection. Aside from the figures I collect various snippets, artbooks and lit, and have more stuff not show in the display - mostly artbooks, posters and DVDs. New stuff is on it's way too - NECA's Alien Isolation Xenomorph, and two preorded NECA Cinemachines.
That is so awesome! Dead Space is one of my favorite video game series. It reminds me so much of ALIEN, especially the first game. You have an awesome case. I know those NECA figures go for a lot, so I hope you were able to get them at a good price. You're very wise to only buy the ones you find appealing, because you save so much space and money compared to myself lol.

Also, you appear to be new on the forum so welcome! Glad to have you and thank you for sharing your collection with the community!
Quote from: windebieste on Feb 24, 2016, 11:04:50 PM
I gotta get myself a decent display case. ...or cases, as the case may be.  lol. 

All my stuff (books, games, toys, other goodies...) is currently in boxes.  I'm renovating the house and tearing up carpet means everything has to be easily mobile from one room to another while working on this slow and tedious effort.

-Windebieste.
Most of your GG figures are on shelves, right? The repaired ones that is... I know you always seem to have one or two "in the shop." What other figures do you own?

windebieste

windebieste

All of my stuff is currently in boxes.  I need some decent shelves built, but I need to paint some walls first. 

As for the Kenner Aliens, yeah.  I am going to repair another one soon. Very soon, actually.  Tomorrow if all goes well.  Its progress will be documented on this thread over at megomuseum.com.  I've already introduced the candidate for repair.  Should be a straight forward job.  Nice and simple.  Just re-attach the arms.  Easy peasy.

BHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA!!!11!!   :laugh:  You know when I say something like that, it never works out that way, right?

Aside from all the 18" Kenners and 24" GG items, there's a few by MacFarlane, Halcyon, Tsukuda, Neca, Funko-Super7...  a bunch of others in my collection.  All Aliens.  No Preds.  Can't wait to get all this stuff on display properly.  The 30+ Kenner 18" Aliens as a collection on its own is going to look mad when on display.  6 of them are in original boxes.  (OK, so 2 of the boxes are super shabby, torn and buckled with windows and posters missing but the other 4 are good and complete. Opened; but complete.)

-Windebieste.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed