Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 874,411 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Completely understandable. If that's what you prefer that entirely fine! Do you restore any other figures then? Or just Big Chap?

windebieste

windebieste

Just the ol' Kenner Big chap. 

I have an assortment of other items, Necas, McFarlanes, a couple of the old Halcyon kits and so on; but this fellow is where it's really at for me. 

I'm always looking for another one to restore.  Even the severely crapped out ones that are beyond hope with half their parts missing are useful to me.  They can be the best resource for Genuine Parts.   The problem is, they're not getting any cheaper and my financial situation has to let really good candidates slide by.  Oh well, can't fix 'em all, hey. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Do you like collecting others then? Just with the intention of collecting and not restoring?

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 18, 2015, 11:25:41 AM
I'm always looking for another one to restore.  Even the severely crapped out ones that are beyond hope with half their parts missing are useful to me.  They can be the best resource for Genuine Parts.   The problem is, they're not getting any cheaper and my financial situation has to let really good candidates slide by.  Oh well, can't fix 'em all, hey. 

For what it's worth you've rescued a good amount though.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, Hell yeah!  I'm looking at getting my hands on the new 'ALIEN: Isolation' figures.  They're definitely on my want list.  As is the new Neca 22" big chap... not that we've heard anything about it lately. 

I'm also very interested in the Gentle Giant 24" limited releases of the Kenner figure.  I already have a glow in the dark version.  The 3 remaining variations, the faithfully upscaled rendition, gold and silver items are on my wish list... they might just have to stay there, though - these things are just priced outside of my budget to afford all of them. 

At least the glow in the dark version is wild, amazing and more than just a little lurid and weird.  Gotta love it. 

Even the 18" original Kenner Alien is dwarfed by the Gentle Giant 24" tall version.  The fact that it glows in the dark just adds to the crazy factor. 

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hate to interrupt the figure talk, but my collection of Aliens magazine is now almost complete. I have every issue with the exception of Vol. 2 #22, which I can't find for sale anywhere :(

windebieste

windebieste

haha...  not a problem.  That last remaining issue/trading card/whatever can be a lot of fun - or pain - to chase down.  Right now I'm looking for a clear SDCC Deep Space Mystery Egg figure.  I have all of them except 1.  I'm missing the clear version of Ripley wearing a space suit.  I expect it'll take some time to find one.  Always super rewarding when you finally find it. 

Anyway, here's Ye Olde Big Chap standing next to a 1978 15" tall Kenner Darth Vader.  They're almost comparable in size.  Vader is meant to be around 6'7", depending on who you talk to.  Even when standing next to Mr. Vader, the Alien is still a mighty large and intimidating brute.  8', you say?  Maybe a tad bigger if these two figures when compared side by side are intended to be accurately scaled. 

Dunno what they're agreeing on; but a covenant between this pair of nefarious characters can't be good for anyone.   

-Windebieste.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:) That photo's awesome. Supervillains of the universe sit down for a meeting on nefarious plans.

windebieste

windebieste

For sure.   

After Bossk, Dengar, 4LOM and IG88 all proved themselves to be a bunch of underachieving and useless duds, Vader needed a REAL bounty hunter to get the job done.  An assassin without conscience, remorse or delusions of morality. 

So here we see Darth Vader shaking hands with his freshly hired bounty hunter, Big Chap.  They've just successfully negotiated the bonus situation on a Hit Contract to take out General Jar Jar Binks with a headbite. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some of the old Kenner figures actually look really good. Sometimes I forget how good they could look.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 18, 2015, 11:52:00 AM
Hate to interrupt the figure talk, but my collection of Aliens magazine is now almost complete. I have every issue with the exception of Vol. 2 #22, which I can't find for sale anywhere :(

Congrats. Come across anything interesting?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 19, 2015, 09:25:44 AMCongrats. Come across anything interesting?

Roland Emmerich was once going to make an AVP film, which I never knew!

Also, according to the original tech readout, the Smartgun is a laser gun :P

Just interesting reads, especially the ancient news (VHS is where it's at!) and interviews. Plus I love the cover artwork. I may not be a massive comic book fan, but I do dig a beautiful piece of cover art, and the magazine has some fabulous ones, this being my favourite:

I got the three-issue Alien 3 Movie Special mag along with it, which is likewise pretty interesting. Supposedly Fox was pushing Fincher to make a Director's Cut of the film almost as soon as it hit theatres. I'm guessing he told them where they could stick that!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 19, 2015, 09:46:57 AM
Roland Emmerich was once going to make an AVP film, which I never knew!

I've never been able to find any additional information about his version. Always annoys me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The implication I got from the magazine was that it would have been based on Briggs' script. The timing certainly fits.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Would you be able to scan or take a photo please?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Could do. I'll have to have a look back through them but I'm fairly sure I remember one of the early issues mentioning something about Emmerich filming Briggs' script.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 19, 2015, 06:12:53 AM
haha...  not a problem.  That last remaining issue/trading card/whatever can be a lot of fun - or pain - to chase down.  Right now I'm looking for a clear SDCC Deep Space Mystery Egg figure.  I have all of them except 1.  I'm missing the clear version of Ripley wearing a space suit.  I expect it'll take some time to find one.  Always super rewarding when you finally find it. 

Anyway, here's Ye Olde Big Chap standing next to a 1978 15" tall Kenner Darth Vader.  They're almost comparable in size.  Vader is meant to be around 6'7", depending on who you talk to.  Even when standing next to Mr. Vader, the Alien is still a mighty large and intimidating brute.  8', you say?  Maybe a tad bigger if these two figures when compared side by side are intended to be accurately scaled. 

Dunno what they're agreeing on; but a covenant between this pair of nefarious characters can't be good for anyone.   

-Windebieste.

I will be honest , when i saw this pic, this exchange popped in my mind

Xenomorph : Mr. Vader, just one thing, if you try any of that force crap on me, your gonna find a hole where those midicholrians used to be
Vader : Never underestimate the power of the force
Xenomorph : I killed Yaphet Kotto!!
Vader : Damn

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed