Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 870,947 times)

zombi

zombi

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 13, 2012, 02:38:43 AM
Damn, that rifle is too sweet! Is it an airsoft gun?

That it is!

jalien3000

jalien3000

this is my too-much-time-on-my-hands collection
and some other stuff
peace

Njm1983

Njm1983

My sideshow collectables exclusive predator 1:5 scale statue shipped Friday. It will arrive Tuesday... pics coming soon

darylox

darylox

Njm1983

Njm1983

OK ladies and gentlemen, I have pictures of sideshows 1:5 scale predator statue (Exclusive edition) Over all the figure is quite large and impressive in person standing about 19" tall including the base. The sculpt is fantastic with lots of really good details and the masked version is much better than preview pics let on. Paint is very good with no blemishes that I can see though Im certain private painters could do better.

The only negatives I can really think of are these:

1) plasma caster sculpt isnt exactly accurate seems a touch long, I havent compared with screen caps though.
2) Missing some essentials - The figure came with only 1 of the trophy necklaces, no spinal column necklace. WTF?
3) The rope or leather bands at the elbow arent in the sculpt nor an  additional accessory.
4) Quills are omitted from the figures unmasked version (this is probably a scale and survivability issue)

Pictures

Apologies if some of the pictures are washed out, I didnt use a flash

markusdarkus

markusdarkus

part of my collection

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I bow to your Predator collection :')

...and the rest too.

paladinpredator

paladinpredator

My collection.

More pics

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Very neat and tidy; I like!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

uruk

uruk

Quote from: Njm1983 on Sep 19, 2012, 10:07:54 PM
OK ladies and gentlemen, I have pictures of sideshows 1:5 scale predator statue (Exclusive edition) Over all the figure is quite large and impressive in person standing about 19" tall including the base. The sculpt is fantastic with lots of really good details and the masked version is much better than preview pics let on. Paint is very good with no blemishes that I can see though Im certain private painters could do better.

The only negatives I can really think of are these:

1) plasma caster sculpt isnt exactly accurate seems a touch long, I havent compared with screen caps though.
2) Missing some essentials - The figure came with only 1 of the trophy necklaces, no spinal column necklace. WTF?
3) The rope or leather bands at the elbow arent in the sculpt nor an  additional accessory.
4) Quills are omitted from the figures unmasked version (this is probably a scale and survivability issue)

Apologies if some of the pictures are washed out, I didnt use a flash

i'm sorry, but how much did this cost? because it looks like they gave a kid an airbrush...

Njm1983

Njm1983

Ouch Uruk.... wasnt horrible $320 shipped, only 750 produced. I have number 718.

Ive come to expect some minor paint issues. In fact of all the SS pieces I have, I think Iron man, Conan and Indiana Jones vs Mola ram are the only ones with exceptional paint apps. My predator 1 polystone Dio is pretty good, but Predator 2 is crap lol

uruk

uruk

always admired people who pay this amounts of money for statues that are not worth half of the price IMO. no offense though, each to his own  :)

Njm1983

Njm1983

Personally, I'd expect it to be more as the quality of the paint went up. I feel I got a fair price. They use air brushes to speed up the process, problem is as figures get smaller or into smaller detail stuff gets overlooked. Hand painting would triple the cost.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Quote from: Njm1983 on Oct 05, 2012, 10:43:08 PM
Personally, I'd expect it to be more as the quality of the paint went up. I feel I got a fair price. They use air brushes to speed up the process, problem is as figures get smaller or into smaller detail stuff gets overlooked. Hand painting would triple the cost.
Right you are, and I don't see anything that would make this piece any less worth it's price, it's a very nice mold and sculpt, they got the face detail right, plus its size is huge, though I do agree the paint job could have been better, but like you said that would probably bump the price up price quite a bit :/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed