AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel?

Started by Slugworth, Dec 26, 2007, 07:07:35 PM

Based on what you saw in AvP Requiem, would you go see another sequel?

Hell yes!
190 (54.8%)
I'll check it out.
59 (17%)
I don't think so.
12 (3.5%)
Hell no!
27 (7.8%)
Yes, and the Brothers Strause should direct it.
22 (6.3%)
Not sure, would take some convincing.
37 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 304

Author
AvP-3 POLL Would you go see another sequel? (Read 41,783 times)

Weasel

Yeah.

Airidok

Airidok

"Yeah"?  :o

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 27, 2007, 01:04:30 AM
You had better care in future, my friend... What you did qualifies as breaking the forum rules, because you should respect every fellow forum member, regardless of how long they've been around here.

That doesn't mean to say you have to agree with their perspective, but calling them names and randomly insulting them, just for expressing their own view about a film which has not even been made yet, is ridiculous.

Please try and restrain yourself, if frustrated in the future.

Well, it wasn't just what happened in this thread. However, my apalogies do go out to SiL and the staff here. It was uncalled for. Sorry for making more work for you guys. Won't happen again. I was tempted to delete that post, but I figured it'd be dishonest, considering it is how I felt at the time. :-\

xenopal

I just saw AVP-R.  Unfortunately!!!  I will absolutely NOT go and see AVP-3 if it is directed by the INEPT "Brothers Strausse".  Except for the Predator homeworld sequence, this film is a complete piece of trash in every way. It is a disaster and a travesty. Pure garbage, nuff said!

The Chibi Kiriyama

Sorry I was away, but yeah...[copy/paste Xeno's statement]. Things can get heated, but let's not flame others in our posts.

gameoverman

Either Strauses or Salerno should go.  Preferably both.

Airidok

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Dec 27, 2007, 01:16:43 AM
Sorry I was away, but yeah...[copy/paste Xeno's statement]. Things can get heated, but let's not flame others in our posts.

Looks like I just woke up all the MODs with that post.  ;)

x-M-x

Quote from: xenopal on Dec 27, 2007, 01:14:52 AM
I just saw AVP-R.  Unfortunately!!!  I will absolutely NOT go and see AVP-3 if it is directed by the INEPT "Brothers Strausse".  Except for the Predator homeworld sequence, this film is a complete piece of trash in every way. It is a disaster and a travesty. Pure garbage, nuff said!

Christ.... give them a break this is there first movie after all....

come on....  :o

Airidok

Quote from: x-Mandalore-x on Dec 27, 2007, 01:19:26 AM
Quote from: xenopal on Dec 27, 2007, 01:14:52 AM

Christ.... give them a break this is there first movie after all....

come on....  :o

Ah hah! I know man, they're barely even giving reasons for it too. It's almost like all of the new members (yes, I am a VERY new member too) are going with the flow and saying "OMG THE BROS SUCKEDZORZ"... Now, I'm OK for people not liking it, but this is just odd. At least give a reason, don't just flame the Bros.

Plokoon111

The only problem with new directors, is they will add something, than people bash that idea, than the next one comes and they have to respect canon and add it, and than end result? - Alieni-trondator v3. (Not saying that the bros ideas are crummy)

And the other problem with new directors is the fact that even if the previous movie had a great story and characters, that can change, alas . . A3.

Weasel

Weasel

Quote from: Airidok on Dec 27, 2007, 01:12:51 AM
Well, it wasn't just what happened in this thread. However, my apalogies do go out to SiL and the staff here. It was uncalled for. Sorry for making more work for you guys. Won't happen again. I was tempted to delete that post, but I figured it'd be dishonest, considering it is how I felt at the time. :-\

I was posting to the entire thread. 'Yeah' I will go see a AVP3.

wolfboy

Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 27, 2007, 01:18:29 AM

Salerno definitely has to go. A badly directed movie with a good script can still be enjoyable. A good directed movie with a terrible script can only look pretty.

Airidok

Airidok

Quote from: Weasel on Dec 27, 2007, 01:27:04 AM
I was posting to the entire thread. 'Yeah' I will go see a AVP3.

OK, that confused me. ;D

xenopal

You're right!  It is their first film.  Probably also their last.  I've been a true fan of these films for over twenty years.  I am more upset with FOX for giving my two most beloved franchises over to a pair of novices to practice on, dissect, experiment with and ultimately destroy.  These films/franchises have a massive loyal fan base.  Do you think giving them to these guys was a wise and prudent decision?

Weasel

Quote from: wolfboy on Dec 27, 2007, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Dec 27, 2007, 01:18:29 AM

Salerno definitely has to go. A badly directed movie with a good script can still be enjoyable. A good directed movie with a terrible script can only look pretty.

I blame Salerno more than the Strausi. I mean, first time directors did better than Anderson who had a few movies under his belt. I think that a sequel could improve the movies by:

1. Being in space/the future
2. Having a higher budget
3. Bringing Giger on board.

Airidok

Quote from: xenopal on Dec 27, 2007, 01:29:50 AM
You're right!  It is their first film.  Probably also their last.  I've been a true fan of these films for over twenty years.  I am more upset with FOX for giving my two most beloved franchises over to a pair of novices to practice on, dissect, experiment with and ultimately destroy.  These films/franchises have a massive loyal fan base.  Do you think giving them to these guys was a wise and prudent decision?

Come one man, these guys did a better job than people who have made a dozen or more films.

ANDERSON MADE MORTAL KOMBAT for crying out loud. And he still ha d a career after that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed