Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 692,956 times)

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Grid increased pressure on the net and actively broke out of it when the time was right.

QuoteYa, so much service that he teams a Predator up with a human. Whatever credit he may given them earlier was quashed with that retarded move.

That happened in the first AvP comic, too, and that remained as Predator-friendly as ever. At least you didn't get Predator-on-Predator fighting over the fate of a human.

(Despite this, it was done better in the comic, sort of like a Wookiee life debt).

QuoteWondering? What was there to wonder? He had his spear drawn, extended, and pointed at her. It was pretty clear he was going to kill her and the only reason he didn't was because she gave his caster. Once he had it, he had no problem with her and went on his way until she ran after him.

As I mentioned, Scar killed a crippled old man for pissing him off. It set up a precedent.

QuoteRiddick was already planning on abandoning his crew at the end, which he did. The only reason he didn't was because he decided that Fry had a fighting spirit inside of her and that didn't come into realization until she jumped him. He even says "I will leave you here". He didn't have to think about it. Scar on the other hand, almost needed Lex. Had it not been for her, the Queen would have killed him and he never would've made it out of the pyramid.

Thing is, he didn't know that. Scar only needed Lex due to the circumstances that arose. She bought him time to flee against four or five Aliens, and under the rules of Anderson's Aliens (Andliens?), he would've been right f**ked anyway. And then she circumstantially brought the Queen to the context-sensitive boss-kill environment objective.

So, sure. Scar needed a human to buy him time against enemies he'd be straight-up f**ked against anyway.

QuoteNever had a reason? Really? You think killing the cop was just for the sake of it? He didn't need the cop telling everyone what he saw in the forest that night.

Usually when someone reports a big invisible man with a mask appearing, they're not taken very seriously.

SM

SM

Quote(Despite this, it was done better in the comic, sort of like a Wookiee life debt).

Don't you mean 'Gungan'?  ;D

As for the team up - the problem is how is came about.  I don't remember how it came about in the comic, but I bet Machiko did more than just get lucky when an Alien walked onto a spear then forgot it had things that were all the better to shred her with.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

One of the other human characters took care of its injuries. I think it also witnessed Machiko fill an Alien with lead, too.

But yeah, it also ended up fighting one of its own comrades to protect its new human pals.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

It was rather for punishing that one idividual for illegal hunting though. Comic suggests it, novel says it directly. But that teaming up was so much different. Other situation, predator and humans of a different quality.
In avp it's just lame, and pointless.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Man, that was just not communicated in the comic at all.

Is that the Predator that slaughtered that family, then? I always that that was Broken Tusk, which gave the comic another bit of OH SHIT.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 13, 2010, 09:36:00 AM

Is that the Predator that slaughtered that family, then? I always that that was Broken Tusk, which gave the comic another bit of OH SHIT.

That would've been awesome, but I think that was the Predator Tusk ended up fighting over Machiko.

SiL

SiL

Kind'a is. Broken Tusk - who's been strapped to a table most of the story, kind'a hard to kill the farming family in that state - sees the skull bag and what looks like the skull of a kid amongst them.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

I thought the kid escaped on the hoverbike or whatever?

SiL

SiL

Hence a kid, not the kid. :P

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

o i c. (Said the blind man that spat into the wind).

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Drago-Morph on May 13, 2010, 10:18:17 AM

That would've been awesome, but I think that was the Predator Tusk ended up fighting over Machiko.
Isn't the Predator Tusk fights his rival from near the start of the story? He beats him in the ring. I think it was hinted that they were antagonistic towards one another. Not read that comic in years...

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

It was. The leader pred tears off the sack full of skulls from the rebel one, and looks especially at them. Then a pic of only the human skulls. And the by that time dominating elder get a kick in the face, showing he was shocked. It was a correct interpretation in the novel, I think.

And seriously, how could have the family killer been broken tusk, when he was transported to Prosperity wells before the attack on the Sheldons?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: MadassAlex on May 13, 2010, 03:41:55 AM
Grid increased pressure on the net and actively broke out of it when the time was right.

It wasn't a question of the time being right. It was the fact that the net was falling apart and Grid was able to get out when he did. Celtic just happened to plod along like a fool.

That happened in the first AvP comic, too, and that remained as Predator-friendly as ever. At least you didn't get Predator-on-Predator fighting over the fate of a human.

And in the comic, the circumstances were completely different. The Predator only teamed with Machiko because she legitimately saved his life. He was paying her back the favour and IIRC, he was going to kill her when all was said and done. Unlike in the film, where Scar sees a dead Alien and says "Ah well, maybe she isn't so stupid after all."

Thing is, he didn't know that. Scar only needed Lex due to the circumstances that arose. She bought him time to flee against four or five Aliens, and under the rules of Anderson's Aliens (Andliens?), he would've been right f**ked anyway. And then she circumstantially brought the Queen to the context-sensitive boss-kill environment objective.

Didn't know what? That the Queen would have broken free? I'm not sure it would have made any difference because he would have still set his bomb to detonate and made a run for it, leaving poor old Lex to her own devices. I would have been happier with, instead of a team up, let them go their separate ways after Scar gets his caster, both make their way back to the surface, and then only out of sheer circumstance do they combat the Queen.

Usually when someone reports a big invisible man with a mask appearing, they're not taken very seriously.

It would have had other implications. Indeed they may not believe him, but the cop might stake out on his own, who knows.

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

QuoteYa, so much service that he teams a Predator up with a human. Whatever credit he may given them earlier was quashed with that retarded move.

(Despite this, it was done better in the comic, sort of like a Wookiee life debt).

QuoteWondering? What was there to wonder? He had his spear drawn, extended, and pointed at her. It was pretty clear he was going to kill her and the only reason he didn't was because she gave his caster. Once he had it, he had no problem with her and went on his way until she ran after him.

As I mentioned, Scar killed a crippled old man for pissing him off. It set up a precedent.

QuoteRiddick was already planning on abandoning his crew at the end, which he did. The only reason he didn't was because he decided that Fry had a fighting spirit inside of her and that didn't come into realization until she jumped him. He even says "I will leave you here". He didn't have to think about it. Scar on the other hand, almost needed Lex. Had it not been for her, the Queen would have killed him and he never would've made it out of the pyramid.

So, sure. Scar needed a human to buy him time against enemies he'd be straight-up f**ked against anyway.

QuoteNever had a reason? Really? You think killing the cop was just for the sake of it? He didn't need the cop telling everyone what he saw in the forest that night.

I don't think Scar needed Lex, it was the other way around. After Scar has his cannon, he turns to leave. It isn't until Lex grabs him or gets his attention that he gives a care about her. I think at that point, he realizes she is un-armed, scared, and needs help getting out.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I've read quite of the pages in this topic... is a discussion about AvPR with Doom a sort of ritual of membership/manhood or something? It seems so.

;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed