Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 688,901 times)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Excellent.

We begin at dawn!

Requiem28

Requiem28

for the people complaing that AVP-R is too dark, i'm pretty sure there is a screen adjuster on your remote
that lets you enhance the image and make it brighter. :P

Undeadite

Undeadite

That doesn't add enough contrast without screwing up the color. Then again, why bother making it brighter in the first place? At least the darkness covers some of the horrible alien designs.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Requiem28 on Apr 26, 2010, 11:33:03 PM
for the people complaing that AVP-R is too dark, i'm pretty sure there is a screen adjuster on your remote
Did it, doesn't work.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TJ Doc on Apr 26, 2010, 11:30:47 PM
Excellent.

We begin at dawn!

Wait, your dawn or mine?

Keg

Keg

Same here. Tried that. Do you think we're that dumb. Theres only so much you can do with brightness and contrast when the original source is so dark to begin with. its like when you watch a pirate movie and no matter what you do with the settings everything is still a little bit too dark. Except this aint a damn pirate. Its a genuine DVD that I paid for. Its watchable sure, but it the darkness detracts alot from some of the setpieces. Hell even the directors themselves awknowledged it and theyre somewhat embarrassed about it and have apologized for it. If the directors have admitted it was a mistake and they think its too dark i dont know why people are still defending it. Its the worst contrast/darkness levels ive seen on any dvd ever.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 26, 2010, 11:48:04 PM
Did it, doesn't work.

hmmmmmmm......we got a real problem here.....

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: Keg on Apr 26, 2010, 11:55:32 PM
Same here. Tried that. Do you think we're that dumb. Theres only so much you can do with brightness and contrast when the original source is so dark to begin with. its like when you watch a pirate movie and no matter what you do with the settings everything is still a little bit too dark. Except this aint a damn pirate. Its a genuine DVD that I paid for. Its watchable sure, but it the darkness detracts alot from some of the setpieces. Hell even the directors themselves awknowledged it and theyre somewhat embarrassed about it and have apologized for it. If the directors have admitted it was a mistake and they think its too dark i dont know why people are still defending it. Its the worst contrast/darkness levels ive seen on any dvd ever.

It worked for me, about 2 or 3 scenes are a little too dark but I guess its better than nothing...

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

And those 2 or 3 scenes are supposed to be the climax of this godforsaken film

First Blood

First Blood

It shouldn't be our responsibility to adjust the brightness on the TV to see this poo-poo film better. It's the DP's job. Or the set designers, or the editor.

SM

SM

The colour grader under the direction of the directors.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That usually ruins the picture.

SM

SM

Quite.  'Cos then you can actually see them things that they claim are "Aliens".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Wiseguy...

SM

SM

Nyuk-nyuk-nyuk...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed