Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,665 times)

Dusk

Dusk

Like I mentioned before, Wolf couldn't have known that the Predalien was a growing queen. He probably figured there was one Predalien and maybe a couple Aliens, since just a few Facehuggers escaped. There was no rush. He couldn't have foreseen that the Predalien would barf up several embryos into one victim.

Mattyoung1977

Mattyoung1977

What i don't get in Avsp:r was the whole 'We got a plasmaCaster' by the military at the end.

If you watch predator 2 (i have many times) you plainly see the predator removing and dropping his plasma caster in the meat warhouse sure the military guys got wiped out but im pretty confident the rest of their team would have went in and combed that place looking for anything they could use finding it and hey presto 'We got a plasma caster' albeit a kinda shot up one.

Dusk

Dusk

Yeah, they should already have a damaged Plasmacaster in their possession, as well as a spear, the mask and if someone found and reported it, part of the wristdevice with the chopped off hand.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Dusk on Feb 23, 2010, 09:41:47 AM
Like I mentioned before, Wolf couldn't have known that the Predalien was a growing queen. He probably figured there was one Predalien and maybe a couple Aliens, since just a few Facehuggers escaped. There was no rush. He couldn't have foreseen that the Predalien would barf up several embryos into one victim.

Could've justified it if the Aliens were taking the 8-12 hours they usually take to gestate, but these things were gestating quickly.

Also, egg-morphing. Canon, due to the 2004 reshowing in cinemas.

Also, if he came down expressly to get a job done, why not just get it done? The first AvP film showed what happened when Aliens got out of hand.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 23, 2010, 12:34:27 PM
Also, if he came down expressly to get a job done, why not just get it done? The first AvP film showed what happened when Aliens got out of hand.

Because AvP:R was a film that spat in the face of the source material, as well as the first AvP, and lacks any semblance of a coherent, thought out plot; rather giving us a mashed together series of half-baked "it would be so uber cool if..." events that make little to no sense whatsoever.

MrLee

MrLee

MadassAlex i dont mind you replying, and picking apart my thoughts with a fine tooth comb....however it doesnt work when you try disguise opinion as fact. Leaving me feeling rather infuriated as you clearly have a major issue with AVP2 and regardless what points or suggestions are made, you only want to hit it with the anti. Someone a little more open minded reply next time, cheers.

harper

harper

Quote from: mrlee on Feb 23, 2010, 02:44:07 PM
MadassAlex i dont mind you replying, and picking apart my thoughts with a fine tooth comb....however it doesnt work when you try disguise opinion as fact. Leaving me feeling rather infuriated as you clearly have a major issue with AVP2 and regardless what points or suggestions are made, you only want to hit it with the anti. Someone a little more open minded reply next time, cheers.
s
ok ill reply .... out of the two avp is much better but avpr is also a good movie for any fan but they could of added a little more to it like the fight between the predalein and the predator could have been better

MrLee

MrLee

Yeah, the Predalien was largely unused really.

harper

harper

Quote from: mrlee on Feb 23, 2010, 03:04:55 PM
Yeah, the Predalien was largely unused really.
the epic fights they could of used were largely left untouched and it didnt even seem as bad ass as it was when it fought the predators so it is sortof a let down in that movie'

SM

SM

QuoteYou could also ask, why the f**k does Wolf even care in the first place, but hey, every movie needs a plot hole.

That's not a plot hole.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Isn't it? Why would he care about the infestation in the first place? He could just let it be.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 24, 2010, 04:26:20 AM
Isn't it? Why would he care about the infestation in the first place? He could just let it be.

While its clear from what the directors said about the film, He was sent to hid the mess from the Human population, but the only reason I could think of was that situation on earth was a worthy challenge to his hunting skills. They should have just used that for the plot.

SiL

SiL

Do you watch movies about cops and call it a plot hole that they care about fighting crime in the first place? :-\

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Well it's been said in the first AvP that the Predators use it as a hunting ground, and it's inferred in the first Pred film. Maybe because they value the humans as prey?

Quote from: mrlee on Feb 23, 2010, 02:44:07 PM

Regardless of how you think he addressed you, you still haven't made a counter to his points. All you're doing is taking the moral high ground without including any content, which infers you can't think of an approriate response.

I thought in the whole his arguments made sense and the opinions he raised were reasonable, let me give you an example:

Quote from: MadassAlex on Feb 23, 2010, 02:44:07 PM
Acid blood that doesn't do shit.

Sure he doesn't back up his opinions in this instance, but his opinions seem fairly reasonable. Alien acid is pressurized so it strikes nearby opponents, yet Wolf regularly walked unharmed away from his encounters, (e.g. shooting two aliens point blank with plasma casters.) 

The Aliens aren't ruthless at all, either. Any Alien (including the Predalien)

The PredAlien let Wolf take off his mask so they could have their little stand off.

It. Let. Him. Take. off. His. Mask.  

The Predalien isn't stupid either. We have evidence that aliens are capable of learning, so I''m sure it can perceive that the Predator is vulnerable in that period.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Feb 24, 2010, 08:48:42 AM
Acid blood that doesn't do shit.

Sure he doesn't back up his opinions in this instance, but his opinions seem fairly reasonable. Alien acid is pressurized so it strikes nearby opponents, yet Wolf regularly walked unharmed away from his encounters, (e.g. shooting two aliens point blank with plasma casters.) 

Especially if we look at the scars on his face. Left side. Skin etched and eye damaged. For me it's a distinct pattern after contact with the acid blood.
Prewious contact with Xenos is obvious for me. But this time, well... ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed