Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 689,715 times)

Space7Horror

Space7Horror

Avp: R had potential with the whole idea but went downhill it was too dark the actors sucked only one predator and the most crucial thing were the aliens why did they have rigid heads why did they die so easily just one alien killed 2 predators in AVP but could not touch this one and more then one alien attacked it so what happened.  In AVP the creatures were really nicely portrayed and I could see what was happening the only sucky part of AVP was there was no gore aliens and predators are gore so why the hell didn't anyone bleed in this dumb movie I prefer AVP due to the fact I can see and understand what is happening

Requiem28

Requiem28

I prefer AVP now.  :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You can always say your Nickname comes from this. :P

Requiem28

Requiem28

I originally wanted to use Jaros428, which I always use, but I chose this....

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Queen7 on Jan 19, 2012, 12:58:34 AM
Avp: R had potential with the whole idea

No, not really. Pretty much screwed since they went with "Predator ship crashes in hillbilly Earth".

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jan 23, 2012, 09:45:56 PM

No, not really. Pretty much screwed since they went with "Predator ship crashes in hillbilly Earth".

Manhattan would have been better.  Or even... Anatarctica!  That'll be something new.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Earth was just a dumb excuse to copy a setting similar to Aliens (in principle). They should've made it in space to begin with.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 30, 2012, 04:00:15 PM

Manhattan would have been better.  Or even... Anatarctica!  That'll be something new.

Predator Part 8: Predator Takes Manhattan

Basher917

Basher917

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jan 31, 2012, 08:38:29 PM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 30, 2012, 04:00:15 PM

Predator Part 8: Predator Takes Manhattan
first scene: Predator saves a granny from getting mugged, then- he runs into a nearby burning building and saves a man from a burning death, and then he donates-

what? confused? i'm just writing the script using AVP logic

Pred-man201

Pred-man201

I like AvP better because it was more interesting and it wasn't in the dark in every part.

walker31

walker31

I rewatched AvP requiem on TV last night, and after watching the opening 20 minutes I had the thought again, that the Strauss brothers really dogged on Avp a lot, and made huge promises on how they were gonna get it right.  But, they used the end of Andersons movie, the same Predalien idea, the same costumes and biohelmets ( i think), and just piggybacked on from there.  I dont get their rationale.  I used to think that Avp was just God-Awful, but truth be told, I hate a lot about it, but I have rewatched it many more times than Requiem.   I will always HATE the look of Scar and the Elder, their faces, but the rest isnt toooooo bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The costumes were totally different. Wolf was slim and the Aliens had bigger heads and necks.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 23, 2012, 05:28:37 PM
I rewatched AvP requiem on TV last night, and after watching the opening 20 minutes I had the thought again, that the Strauss brothers really dogged on Avp a lot, and made huge promises on how they were gonna get it right.  But, they used the end of Andersons movie, the same Predalien idea, the same costumes and biohelmets ( i think), and just piggybacked on from there.  I dont get their rationale.  I used to think that Avp was just God-Awful, but truth be told, I hate a lot about it, but I have rewatched it many more times than Requiem.   I will always HATE the look of Scar and the Elder, their faces, but the rest isnt toooooo bad.

Well their budget was pretty small. They pretty much HAD to use the old suits and whatever they could.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

It's like being asked do you prefer being kicked in the balls with the left or right foot

I hate AvP the least.... but not by much

SM

SM

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Feb 23, 2012, 06:53:07 PM
Quote from: walker31 on Feb 23, 2012, 05:28:37 PM

Well their budget was pretty small. They pretty much HAD to use the old suits and whatever they could.

They wasted money reshooting the final scene of AvP, and then had money left over to do the Predator planet.

Instead of fixing the myriad problems that already existed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed