AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 687,883 times)

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

Quote from: War Wager on Feb 09, 2009, 08:15:37 PM
Er... Alien3... Finchers first feature? :P

ah dang it, completely went out of my head. Youre right. I guess simply some people have it and some dont. I thought avpR was actually an ok.fine monster flick, but I still say it was a mjor mistake to give the franchise to a no-name at that point. Get someone who at least had one big hit under his name, not to Eric Cartman and Kenny

Shadow Hunter

Shadow Hunter

They were both reasonable  but AVPR had a few ridiculous bits like the little bit of acid burning the guy's arm off.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How was that ridiculous? Acid blood is supposed to burn thoroughly.

dachande89

dachande89

I may be mistaken, but didnt a "little bit of acid" orginally melt through 3 floors of the spaceship Nostromo in Alien. So I think a small amount could easily melth through an arm.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Yep, you're right ;) It's been theorized by some Alien fans that facehugger blood is more potent than the blood of a drone or Warrior because it needs to survive up until it successfully impregnates a host.

dachande89

dachande89

An the acid of the egg itself is supposedly the most potent acid of all the life stages of the Alien. (I got that one from Aliens DNA War and Aliens Nightmare Asylum). :P

War Wager

War Wager

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 10, 2009, 04:51:29 PM
How was that ridiculous? Acid blood is supposed to burn thoroughly.

It's not ridiculous in terms of it burning the arm off, it's ridiculous in terms of story telling. It doesn't serve any purpose other than to be mindless, random violence.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not really. Buddy shot the hugger at point blank range, so it makes sense for some blood to have splattered on him.

War Wager

War Wager

Yeah, but it didn't need to happen. The Hugger could have just leaped on him from the side.

dachande89

dachande89

Yea he could have been implanted far easier, but it was entertaining to see some acid effects in a present day film. No acid damage in AVP (other than armor or clothing burning). But nothing as Bad as say Drake in Aliens when you see him get a face full of acid. That was probably the most acid damage we have seen until AVP-R (both the arm scene and whats his name Melting in the Sports store).

Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne

I think the hand scene was important to show right away that this is gonna be a gory movie with higher rating than its predecessor, and that was this scene's purpose.
I admit thought, the acting and the reaction of the the kid was so fake, that no matter what I can't 'buy' this scene

War Wager

War Wager

When I saw that scene first time I was like "Dammit they've went overboard".

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

It really wasn't all that graphic. Considering his arm melted off, we didn't really see that much blood.

Blaz

Blaz

WHat doesn't make sense about that scene is that after being shot, the facehugger fell forward? WTF? Surely the force from the gun would have sent it backwards, thus spraying most of the blood backwards as well...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Simple physics mistake. Believe me, the film had bigger problems.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed