AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 686,987 times)

PredatorIII

PredatorIII

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jan 12, 2009, 09:03:44 AM
Quote from: WDB on Jan 12, 2009, 03:31:11 AM
Hated avp with a passion.  I can stand avpr.  LOVE how they brought back original sounds from the older movies.  Still wish that they would make the cannon sound like a whip again like in the original predator movie unless they had it added but I didnt hear it.  Avp way to goofy. Avp closer but still way off.

Wait, you're basing your opinion on an entire movie because of the sounds? Any other problems?
AVP is too watered down pg13 and the Predator sound,design,vision is just wrong

AVPr is better

War Wager

War Wager

I really don't mind the mask vision/sounds in AvP. I don't see why every mask should look and sound the same.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: PredatorIII on Jan 12, 2009, 06:37:12 PM
Wait, you're basing your opinion on an entire movie because of the sounds? Any other problems?

AVPr is better

I was happy with the pg-13 violence because it was a lot more creative than splattering blood everywhere.

I'd have to say the slow motion shuriken slice of the face hugger and the Celtic Brawl, more than make up for oozes of gore.

AvP was set in an interesting area, introduced a creative mask design, had Aliens that made worthy opponenets to the Predators, had a pretty good script and predatory animalistic sounds from Celtic.

AvP is better

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 12, 2009, 06:45:56 PM
I really don't mind the mask vision/sounds in AvP. I don't see why every mask should look and sound the same.
Agree, it is far more creative than just listening to the same mask sounds over and over.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

They sounded plastic. The original sounds, well, sounded, more advanced.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 13, 2009, 02:57:49 AM

They sounded plastic. The original sounds, well, sounded, more advanced.

I thought they sounded bestial, like a lion growl, befitting a hunter. It reminded me, though they walk upright and look like humans while still in the mask, there's a deadly, predatory creature underneath the metal.

We could debate this all day couldn't we?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was referring to the noises the masks vision's switching made. The grunts and growls were nice.

SublimeDBC

SublimeDBC

I think AVP-R had better fight scenes but the lighting was so terrible its hard to say...AVP had the Celtic vs. Grid scene but I didn't care much for it... :P

The Demon

The Demon

Predator and Predator2 mask sounds were actually very different from each other.

PredatorIII

PredatorIII

Quote from: The Wolf on Jan 13, 2009, 11:32:58 AM

Predator and Predator2 mask sounds were actually very different from each other.
pg13 has no place in an Alien movie,neither the crap AVP Predator vision.

War Wager

War Wager

AvP should have been harsher theres no doubt. Eg you see Quinns face get slashed instead of the blood splatter, the net should have cut faster into Stafford's skin, blood all over his face etc. Though in it's defense it's got gallons more A/P blood than in AvPR...

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jan 12, 2009, 10:06:47 PM
Quote from: PredatorIII on Jan 12, 2009, 06:37:12 PM

AVPr is better

I was happy with the pg-13 violence because it was a lot more creative than splattering blood everywhere.

I'd have to say the slow motion shuriken slice of the face hugger and the Celtic Brawl, more than make up for oozes of gore.

AvP was set in an interesting area, introduced a creative mask design, had Aliens that made worthy opponenets to the Predators, had a pretty good script and predatory animalistic sounds from Celtic.

AvP is better

Agreed!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: War Wager on Jan 13, 2009, 07:31:41 PM
AvP should have been harsher theres no doubt. Eg you see Quinns face get slashed instead of the blood splatter, the net should have cut faster into Stafford's skin, blood all over his face etc. Though in it's defense it's got gallons more A/P blood than in AvPR...

And AvP:R had more human blood. Guess that makes em even.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: PredatorIII on Jan 13, 2009, 05:10:14 PM
Quote from: The Wolf on Jan 13, 2009, 11:32:58 AM

pg13 has no place in an Alien movie,neither the crap AVP Predator vision.

I agree. I was just saying the vision's were different. AvP visions were too different and was stupid. Everything on the Predator's in that movie was watered down.

The_Undertaker

The_Undertaker

The movie I prefer between the two is AVP. The aliens from AVP are much smarter and deadlier than the aliens from AVPR. If the Strause Brothers ever touch the AVP franchise again then I'll loose all hope on mankind.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed