DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 30, 2008, 01:02:50 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on May 28, 2008, 03:22:29 PM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 28, 2008, 10:58:09 AM
Quote from: StealthHunter on May 26, 2008, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: Silver Surfer on May 24, 2008, 12:54:37 PM
Quote from: Craig on May 24, 2008, 07:08:08 AM
Going for a kill which he though he had in the bag? Just maybe that's why he got so close. It's not like he was going to throw a rock at him from the other side of the room to finish him off.

i sill dont see your point, he underestimated harrigan, from what it shows he just made a mistakes but i dont see how at all he was cocky about it..

Exactly, he underestimated Harrigan. Someone who managed to not only lay him out with shotgun blasts,but also chop off his forearm and put up a good fight with the Predator's own weapon.

Underestimating a combatant who proved himself to be that capable was not just a mere mistake, it was cocky and stupid.

i could be going for a kill shot on a wounded lion but as i go for the kill shot it kills me, thats not cockyness thats a mistake...

If you're standing there admiring it then it kills you, that's b/c you were cocky.

he was admiring his 'to be' killed of the day, not jumping around pretending to kill him and juping around while singing 'you cant touch this' now that would be cockyness

Thank you for re-iterating my argument.

Razziel

Razziel

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 25, 2008, 05:19:22 PM
Quote from: Razziel on May 25, 2008, 12:02:52 PM
AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid
-predator + Lex = love (WTF?)
-in the the part when Lex was holding ground and some guy was trying to help Lex get back.
Some alien came behind that guy. The alien killed him. Why that alien don´t killed Lex too?

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Nighvision googles effect
+Predalien
-more mystakes tha in AvP
-End

So if you look at what i writed you must know that AvP R was TOTALLY better.

Your post made no sense, figuratively and literally. AvP-R had a "GREAT story"? What theater did you watch it at? What the f*ck is a "googles effect"? "More mystakes tha in AvP"? So you're saying AvP-R is better for having more mistakes?

Google effect = something like nighvision googles.
Yup AvP-R has great story (i knew that there will be someone to say that AvP-R had bad story).
YES AvP HAVE MORE MISTAKES!

gameoverman

gameoverman

AVPR had no story.  All it was about was a predator trying to wipe out the aliens, and going about it stupidly.  Predator had a simple plot too but at least it had a backstory (about the dual nature of their mission/Anna's monologue to Dutch and the history of the characters).  AVP also had a backstory with the predators and Lex at least had a character arc that had something to do with the plot.

AVPR had nothing - the characters and their situations were totally incidental to the plot.  It was just a bunch of random people and events and when they got killed no one cared.

I think it's best to compare it to a dumb 80s slasher movie.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Quote from: Razziel on May 30, 2008, 06:58:06 PM
AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid
-in the the part when Lex was holding ground and some guy was trying to help Lex get back.
Some alien came behind that guy. The alien killed him. Why that alien don´t killed Lex too?

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Predalien
-End

Your post made no sense, figuratively and literally. AvP-R had a "GREAT story"? What theater did you watch it at? What the f*ck is a "googles effect"? "More mystakes tha in AvP"? So you're saying AvP-R is better for having more mistakes?

Yup AvP-R has great story (i knew that there will be someone to say that AvP-R had bad story).

Buddy, there is no story in the movie. Okay? You can't even say a "bad story", cuz guess what? There ain't no f*ckin' story to begin with, pal!

SiL

SiL

The word is goggle. Goggle. Google is the search engine.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Pvt. Hicks on May 30, 2008, 11:04:25 PM
AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Predalien
-End

Buddy, there is no story in the movie. Okay? You can't even say a "bad story", cuz guess what? There ain't no f*ckin' story to begin with, pal!

There is a story, albeit a weak one.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

AvP

+more that 1 predator
+good designed pyramid

AvP R

+Cool predator
+GREAT story
+Predalien
-End

Google effect

Lol  :D Sorry your post made laugh a little.

aliensetta

aliensetta

I like AVP more then AVP r because it had a better story, actors, creature design's(other then the predators face.), sets, and pretty much everything about AVP was better then AVP r.

To me AVP r was a cheap horror movie. It didn't feel like a Alien or Predator movie at all. :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: aliensetta on May 31, 2008, 07:32:59 PM
It didn't feel like a Alien or Predator movie at all. :P

And AvP did?

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 31, 2008, 07:49:38 PM
Quote from: aliensetta on May 31, 2008, 07:32:59 PM
It didn't feel like a Alien or Predator movie at all. :P

And AvP did?

alot more then AVP r did. AVP tryed to copy the feeling of the alien movies they didn't do very well but you could tell what they were trying to do meanwhile AVP r just felt like a cheap mindless horror movie.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I felt the opposite; AvP:R felt much closer to the originals than AvP could've ever hoped to.

aliensetta

aliensetta

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 01, 2008, 08:04:24 PM
I felt the opposite; AvP:R felt much closer to the originals than AvP could've ever hoped to.

AVP r felt nothing like a alien movie and very little like a predator movie to me.

PREDATOR KING

PREDATOR KING

The scenes where the homless people are attacked reminded me of alien3. Maby it was just teh dog. RUFF!!!!!!!  ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was wondering about that the other day...I wonder if anyone else thought we'd get a runner Alien in this film since a dog was there :P

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Well, you can't blame yourself.

"There are tons of different types of creatures on the rooftop! The shear amount is incredible!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed