Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 690,844 times)

SM

SM

I used to think giving them caster should've been a reward AFTER the hunt, and that it was dumb to issue them in order to start the hunt.

However, in the grand scheme of things I believe the casters are to stop the Alien spreading beyond the temple.  ie.  You need to fight one hand to hand to 'pass', but shooting any excess Aliens is within the rules.

samoht

samoht

But there's nothing stopping them from shooting the alien in the temple then ripping of a finger and blooding themselves.

SM

SM

If the Predators have them little portable hologramy things to track the humans, I'm sure the dudes on the ship would be able to tell if they just shot them or not.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 14, 2011, 09:57:53 PM
I thought the AVP Predators were teenagers and the pyramid ritual would be their very first hunt.

and then they graduate to hunting humans? doesn't make any sense.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Alexa Chung on Feb 16, 2011, 01:01:43 AM
I thought the AVP Predators were teenagers and the pyramid ritual would be their very first hunt.

That's the logic used in the AVP Prey novel. I loved the book, but I hated that part of it. Humans should be simple prey, with Aliens, Stickmen, etc. being more advanced.

Alexa Chung

Alexa Chung

agreed. a commando with a machine gun might be dangerous but not when you're camping twenty feet in the air with an autotracking bazooka and you're invisible

Milan

Milan

Yeah, I like to think that they did the ritual so that they may start a clan of their own if they were successful. And it would also link with the trophy  room seen in P2, that alien skull would then have belonged to the elder...

A Harmless Goat

A Harmless Goat

But they obviously can kill humans, they slaughtered all the drillers up top.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes. And Chopper has some old skulls mounted on his back through pogo sticks.

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 21, 2011, 06:40:59 PM
If you watch the commentary of AVP Anderson says that they are older and more experienced then the ones seen in the other films prior to AVP. So they definitely hunt humans before Xenomorphs.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: delsaber8 on Feb 26, 2011, 08:49:50 PM
If you watch the commentary of AVP Anderson says that they are older and more experienced then the ones seen in the other films prior to AVP. So they definitely hunt humans before Xenomorphs.

Which makes perfect sense. The one thing I hated about AVP Prey was that they had to kill Aliens to graduate to humans.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Not sure taking Anderson's word for it is a good idea...

delsaber8

delsaber8

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 26, 2011, 11:50:52 PM

True.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

That's not really a bad idea.

Aliens are mega badass. Especially if you're a Predator, because they can see you without seeing and dodge your plasma blasts. They also don't give a shit how scary you are and are super nasty when it comes to fisticuffs.

If you're a Predator, most of your major advantages over other prey are rendered null. Ultimate challenge indeed.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 26, 2011, 11:50:52 PM

Yup

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed