Der_Meister

Der_Meister

AVP-R ;D

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Gameoverman!GAMEOVER!

Do 3 ppl count as a general consensus? lol

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

AVP is long, and has better characters, but AVP-r is short but has no characters, but lot's of action.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

AVPR

Richman678

Richman678

AVP.

the movie was better than AVP-R. Im not saying it was good....but it is a better movie. it has character development, professional lighting, aliens dont look fake.

in terms of rating 2 movies I believe AVP wins hands down. AVP-R looks like something some high school students put together.

Dr. Wren

Dr. Wren

It's an extremely hard choice as both of them suck equally in their own ways.  I would have to vote for AVPR, simply because it delivered on what it promised, maybe the characters were cardboard cut outs, but still, atleast we had some good fith scenes.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

I voted for AVP-R hands down.

I enjoyed AVP, but my biggest problem with it was the whole very PG-13 feel the film had. It was a sugar coated AVP vision. You can tell the movie tried it's very best to not be too violent or too gritty. There are many cliche scenes in it, but through time I did warm up to it and just saw the film as a guilty pleasure.

I mean, you have to make a choice here, your a hardcore AVP fan, you can either stay mad at it and suffer forever, or just warm up to it because the truth is it's really not that bad of a movie. There is a fair share of people who really liked it, it did very well in the box office and the movie overall is entertaining.

AVP-R

Not a masterpiece of course, but the reason why I voted for it was because it felt more like a AVP film, just by the simple fact it was finally a hardcore rated R movie. For once we finally got a real tough good looking Predator. The Wolf has character, has a mission through out the film, the Wolf played a great role I felt. The characters this time where much easier to relate too and had something the other film didn't give most of the them......lines.

Less cliche in this movie, you can finally sit back and just enjoy it all. The action scenes were short, but short and sweet, and there were a lot of them! Each one hard hitting and violent. The Aliens were great, plenty of Alien death to go around and plenty of Aliens to run muk. Overall it was way more fun! More bloody, more violent, better acting, a phenomenal score and lots of fast paced action scenes to keep you seriously entertained.

-- I could continue all day talking about AVP and AVPR, but overall I enjoyed AVP-R way more than the first one. Even though, I ummm.... I seriously disagree on almost all levels with the negative reviews the fans have about these two films, this is just my opinion on them and in no way am I trying to change anyones mind.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Well written reviews PHANTOM, however I question your statement:

QuoteThe characters this time where much easier to relate too and had something the other film didn't give most of the them......lines.

Even though I prefer AvP:R over AvP, AvP definitely had better lines. Sure, the script was marginally better at best than AvP:R's, but at least the characters were putting together sentences with more than 10 words in them.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

AVPR.

A lot more action than avp and a lot more moments.

War Wager

War Wager

AvP

It's strory is miles better and it's setting is perfect. The script is bad, but it's still better than AvPR's and has more likable characters. It's plot is solid and not a mess like AvPR's. The Celtic vs Grid fight was just what I imagined; it was entertaining and was longer than Wolf vs Chet. The Aliens were deadly and actually concentrated on creating a Hive and capturing humans. The music was original and the overall movie was original. It played it safe by not introducing new breeding methods, which considering what we got, was good move. The new Predator weapons looked amazing and fresh as well as the look of the movie, had a cold look to it.

AvP: 3/5
AvPR: 2/5

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2008, 06:05:21 PM
Well written reviews PHANTOM, however I question your statement:

QuoteThe characters this time where much easier to relate too and had something the other film didn't give most of the them......lines.

Even though I prefer AvP:R over AvP, AvP definitely had better lines. Sure, the script was marginally better at best than AvP:R's, but at least the characters were putting together sentences with more than 10 words in them.

AVP had a better script I thought yes, but some of the lines were acted out very cliche and edited not so well to make it even more cliche, but not fatal.

It takes some warming up too lol, but thats me. I felt that AVP-R had a slightly better direction, there for the acting looked more realistic or less cliche. I felt very comfortable watching and listening to the dialogue in AVP-R, nothing stood out to me as "Hmmm that sounds pretty stupid".

In other words, I felt the acting was better in AVP-R, I enjoyed the characters, Dallas and the sheriff were great together I thought. Lex and Scar together in AVP, hmmm like I said.....

it takes some warming up too lol. AVP-R was less rough around the edges, much better mood and flow I thought. I still enjoyed both of them, thats where I stand.

Dusk

Dusk

Both movies did a lot of things wrong, that can't be denied. But ultimately, I prefer AvP:R.

AvP was just felt bland from beginning to end. Flat & boring characters, seriously, I didn't care for anyone one of them except maybe the blonde woman, the rest just wasn't interesting. And it's not because I don't want human characters in the movies. Bland colors, it just looked so... well... sterile might be the right word. Predators that looked like big, shiney, knights and moved just as gracefully. Dodgy, poorly acted and fake looking scenes, most of them in the Celtic Vs Grid fight. The horrible team-up. And then there's the PG-13 rating.

It was just one big meh. Though I've got to admit that the Pyramid setting was a fantastic idea, but it simply wasn't used to its fullest potential.

AvP:R took the Aliens to an inhabited town in present time, which wasn't really the brightest idea FOX ever had, but the people in that small colorado town were more relatable because they were just everyday people. The Predator is finally a Predator and easily on par with the first 2 Movies. The settings varied and were colorful, unlike AvP. And the action was finally worthy of the title Alien Versus Predator.

AvP had the better setting and script, but AvP:R is just more easy on the eyes and just more fun to watch. Deciding factor here being the word fun.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Fun indeed.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

AVP-freaking-R.

Craig

Craig

Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 27, 2007, 04:15:06 AM
They both sucked.

But at least Anderson's Aliens were not useless and didn't look like men-in-suits from beginning to end.
Took the words right outta my mouth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed