Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 691,727 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: MastaMarek on Jan 29, 2010, 01:28:08 AM
who keeps voting for the first AVP? lol. I know, they both were pretty average, but the first one was a total disaster. AVPR at least tried to relate to fans. Also for the low budget they had, it looked miles better then the first movie. I would have thought that here people would appreciate AVPR more then the first crappy movie.

Get out.

The Demon

The Demon

This just shows they're almost equally as bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: dachande89 on Jan 29, 2010, 03:41:15 AM
Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 29, 2010, 01:03:38 AM
The first time we ever see the acid blood it sprays out from a surgical cut.

True. But there are supposed to be certain spots to limit acid splash. Aiming for the legs and head is supposed to create small acid splatter. But thats with carefully aimed shots. A pred disc slicing through that is messy and should have a big splatter.

Dude, when Wolf threw the two shurikens in the hospital before one of them pinned Jesse to the wall, they both sliced through the heads of two Aliens and made them bleed badly as a result. There's no way it was a 'limit' that prevented Scar's alien head slice from bleeding. It was just stupid movie making.

Dusk

Dusk

It was silly how there wasn't even a drop of blood when Scar sliced the head off. I didn't expect acid to splash everywhere, but blood should've gushed out and spilled onto the floor.

Lil Theo

Lil Theo

There is nothing in Anderson's  movie that goes against AvP established canon.

Whereas the Strause' brothers have really done some atrocious things to AvP in their own film.

-- Predalien skinning the Predators. Retarded.

-- Predalien creating embryos and forcing multiple ones down people's throats.

-- The Xenomorphs never moving to establish a hive, which should've been what one of the first drones did right off the bat.

-- The Predalien not stomping Wolf into the ground. This is pretty much established in most respectable sources that the Predalien is pretty much the end-all for anyone that comes across it. It should've beat Wolf fairly quickly.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Lil Theo on Jan 29, 2010, 03:50:44 PM
There is nothing in Anderson's  movie that goes against AvP established canon.

Whereas the Strause' brothers have really done some atrocious things to AvP in their own film.

-- Predalien skinning the Predators. Retarded.

That wasn't their idea. In the final film they even tried to hide it and didn't add any scene that drew attention to them.

Quote-- Predalien creating embryos and forcing multiple ones down people's throats.

Even though not my favorite idea, it could make sense if we see it as the first stage of a Queen's life cycle. Breeding multiple Aliens in order to create an Alien force that can protect her, before she settles down to create her eggs.

Quote-- The Xenomorphs never moving to establish a hive, which should've been what one of the first drones did right off the bat.

The Hospital was slowly turned into a Hive.

Quote-- The Predalien not stomping Wolf into the ground. This is pretty much established in most respectable sources that the Predalien is pretty much the end-all for anyone that comes across it. It should've beat Wolf fairly quickly.

I admit, the whole end fight was pretty silly. Especially with all the opportunities the Predalien had to kill Wolf, but instead just slapped him around.

I think with a decent budget, a good script and no Studio interference, they could've probably delivered a good Movie. I'm looking forward to the Movie Predators and see what a director can do that is given complete freedom, without the studio interfering. Fox might slowly change for the better, now that Rothman is out of the way.

Armor

Armor

I voted AvP: R

More intensive action, don't know, simply, it's better to me...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Careful, you'll stir up hell, my friend.

Man after my own heart!

Dusk

Dusk

I definitely prefered the action too. The only downside is that most of the Aliens were dumb as bread. But if we're just looking at the action choreography, I think the Bros did a pretty good job.

I would've loved to see what they could've done with the action in the first Movie. With multiple Predators and the guideline to make the fights even. It would've been total mayhem.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Picking one argument up again... What's wrong with the Alien killing the Predator by taking the surprise advantage?

Dusk

Dusk

Nothing, really. Well, except for the sudden super long tail. But the rest of the Movie turned boring real quickly. Gill was taken by surprise, awesome moment to kick start the Alien vs Predator action. Then you have one rumble between Celtic and Grid (which looked goofy half the time, IMO) and then we keep watching Scar walking around the Pyramid, blasting Aliens with his Plasma caster.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 30, 2010, 09:31:41 PM
Picking one argument up again... What's wrong with the Alien killing the Predator by taking the surprise advantage?

Because a Pred never should have been taken by surprise!  ::)

Or so some predboys say lol.  ;) Frankly, all's fair in intergalactic extraterrestrial war. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Who said there was anything wrong with it?

XenoHicks

XenoHicks

Truthfully I would much rather watch aliens or predator or play one of the PC games to get my fill of the two greatest creatures in the universe (that we know of so far).  But between the two AvP movies I'm split because AvP was a better movie (script, acting, etc.) but AvP-R was better for creatures (predator bad @$$, more action scenes, etc.).  I also enjoyed the ridged look of the aliens because I love ALIENS (And I'm not saying they should have looked that way after a day).

The first AvP was also a little less realistic especially with one xenomorph killing two predators (yes I know the predators were young and one was suprise attacked but really only scar can kill aliens)

Because Neither is truly superior I won't vote (unless neither is added to the poll).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jan 31, 2010, 01:10:17 AM

Who said there was anything wrong with it?

I remember that someone said it was not fair...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed