What do Aliens eat?

Started by War Wager, Apr 12, 2007, 11:14:35 PM

Author
What do Aliens eat? (Read 53,968 times)

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

I have not read any of the comics and its not confirmed in any of the films, so what do you guys think they eat?

I guess they eat some of the captured but I wonder why they have never confirmed this via a scene in the movies.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Confirmed in two of the films and plenty of the comics, if you consider the games canon then that too.  They eat meat.

The Runner was eating a prisoner in Alien 3, Ripley even said "I could have been lunch"

It became even more obvious in AVP-R when The Alien was snacking on that teen next to the pool. 

Personally, I dont think they need to eat to survive, its probably just satisfying for them and helps their bodies heal faster if they are injured.

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Don't remember those scenes but will take your word for it!

visagepoissons

visagepoissons

Quote from: RidgeTop on Jan 07, 2010, 07:34:50 AM
Confirmed in two of the films and plenty of the comics, if you consider the games canon then that too.  They eat meat.

The Runner was eating a prisoner in Alien 3, Ripley even said "I could have been lunch"

It became even more obvious in AVP-R when The Alien was snacking on that teen next to the pool. 

Personally, I dont think they need to eat to survive, its probably just satisfying for them and helps their bodies heal faster if they are injured.
Pretty sure they would need to eat to survive... All the the Alien films do PLENTY of unrealistic things anyway...

There was originally (it might have even been filmed, but I don't think so) going to be a scene in the first movie where it was discovered that the alien had been eating the crews supplies, before it grew.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

i think they need to eat, i seen it in the movies and read it books. I also agree with John Shirly that for them to grow so fast they need to eat somthing.

Jekku

Jekku

Aliens love the surf'n'turf, with a side of fries covered in cheese and bacon bits.  :P

SM

SM

QuoteThe Runner was eating a prisoner in Alien 3, Ripley even said "I could have been lunch"

Eh?

Xhan

Xhan

They don't.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Never shown them eating in any of the movies. And f**k AVP. I can see them taking nutrients from their host as a burster for their initial growth spurts but thats it.

Always liked the battery theory, which works so much better and makes them much more alien.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

They eat metal. That's why their skin is so hard.

:P

Xhan

Xhan

CBs, very potentially.

Adults don't have the equipment.

Brother

Brother

Any explanation behind the "little mouth", why the CB have it and the adult doesn't, it just grows?

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

wait the adult have a inner mouth. and the only CB i've seen with inner mouths are the predalien and Runner. but that's not the thing. maybe it feeds with the small one? thing is it wouldn't make sense if it didn't eat or absorb to grow, because how else can it build mass? ???

Brother

Brother

The CB might need it. After Kane's son bursts out we don't see it eat anything and yet it grows. ?Or he ate something but it's not shown.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Brother on Jan 08, 2010, 10:27:23 AM
The CB might need it. After Kane's son bursts out we don't see it eat anything and yet it grows. ?Or he ate something but it's not shown.
kane as in the first alien? what about when the alien grabs the one guy and he looks up and u see both jaws opening. and then at the end when the alien is coming at ripley with its second jaw out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed