AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie

Started by Its Game Time, Apr 11, 2007, 12:57:17 AM

Whats your fave movie out of the whole franchise?

Predator
164 (19.3%)
Predator 2
45 (5.3%)
AvP: Alien vs. Predator
29 (3.4%)
AvPR: Aliens vs. Predator - Requiem
25 (2.9%)
Alien
204 (24%)
Aliens
305 (35.9%)
AlienĀ³
51 (6%)
Alien Resurrection
8 (0.9%)
Predators
12 (1.4%)
Prometheus
2 (0.2%)
Alien: Covenant
4 (0.5%)
The Predator
1 (0.1%)

Total Members Voted: 794

Author
AvPGalaxy's Favourite Movie (Read 184,484 times)

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Don't remind me of the Starship Troopers sequels. They were almost painful to watch.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The second one was.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 01, 2012, 02:21:31 AM
Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Feb 27, 2012, 04:49:02 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 27, 2012, 03:09:46 AM
Quote from: Novak 1334 on Feb 26, 2012, 05:38:22 PM
True, again its not a major issue.  I think that's my main downpoint with Predators, some things weren't explored as much as they could have been.  The positives severely outweigh the negatives though, plus putting Danny Trejo in anything is a win for me

Positives? What positives?

The weak script? The endless references to Predator? The weak acting? The under-sized Predators? No offense, but I'm not sure we watched the same film.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, you don't even like aliens which most of us believe was the best in the series, same with predators only predator was the best but predators was a decent sequel in my opinion. predators would be a love it or hate type of film.

When did I say I didn't like Aliens?

Either in this thread or another, it may have been another mod, but i am or was sure it was you, i got nothing against those who hate aliens at all, we all have our different tastes in films and opinions which i respect.  :)

QuoteDon't remind me of the Starship Troopers sequels. They were almost painful to watch.

Right there with you mate, although while the third one is a little better, its still kind of sucked and was too outlandish.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Mar 01, 2012, 05:06:44 PM
True, again its not a major issue.  I think that's my main downpoint with Predators, some things weren't explored as much as they could have been.  The positives severely outweigh the negatives though, plus putting Danny Trejo in anything is a win for me

The weak script? The endless references to Predator? The weak acting? The under-sized Predators? No offense, but I'm not sure we watched the same film.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, you don't even like aliens which most of us believe was the best in the series, same with predators only predator was the best but predators was a decent sequel in my opinion. predators would be a love it or hate type of film.

Either in this thread or another, it may have been another mod, but i am or was sure it was you, i got nothing against those who hate aliens at all, we all have our different tastes in films and opinions which i respect.  :)

I've never said I don't like Aliens. I have a gripes about it which are more directed towards James Cameron as a director and a writer but the film itself I enjoy.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 01, 2012, 06:28:40 PM
Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Mar 01, 2012, 05:06:44 PM

I've never said I don't like Aliens. I have a gripes about it which are more directed towards James Cameron as a director and a writer but the film itself I enjoy.

I see,  though James cameron is quite a good director but i hear he is hard to work with and sometimes has a hair-trigger temper, some people actually had t-shirts with "you can't scare me! i work with james cameron" on the set of abyss  :laugh:

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Its not about that. DoomRulz strongly believes Cameron is just another Michael Bay and is terrible director and writer and designer

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Do I now? This is interesting.

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 01, 2012, 06:57:38 PM
Its not about that. DoomRulz strongly believes Cameron is just another Michael Bay and is terrible director and writer and designer

Michael bay is not the worst of the worst though, uwe boll has that dishonour.  :laugh: they actually clashed over who is better as well. The rock was one the only films i liked by him.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Mar 01, 2012, 08:51:45 PM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 01, 2012, 06:57:38 PM

Michael bay is not the worst of the worst though, uwe boll has that dishonour.  :laugh: they actually clashed over who is better as well. The rock was one the only films i liked by him.

Meh, for me Bay is an embarrassment to Hollywood entertainment. Pyrotechnics, explosions and thats it. Not only as a storyteller (its even silly imo to put that adjective in the same paragraph as Michael Bay's name), but as an action director. His action sequences make me fall asleep. Nothing but explosions, not great choreography, no layers, no emotional content behind them. Hes the one who gives action movies a bad name, and makes people think that action movie automatically equals a dumb movie with shooting, no depth, no character depth etc, just action. But again, this is offtopic

Hellraiser94

Hellraiser94

Aliens followed by Alien Vs. Predator

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

well opinions are something that everyone is entitled to but AVP in a lot people's opinion sucked and is no were near Aliens in terms of brilliance, AVP is just as bad as A:R or perhaps worse.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's what you think, Hellraiser94 evidently does not agree with you. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Mar 05, 2012, 01:05:13 PM
well opinions are something that everyone is entitled to but AVP in a lot people's opinion sucked and is no were near Aliens in terms of brilliance, AVP is just as bad as A:R or perhaps worse.

Your point being? He thinks what he thinks.

Nero the Jackal

Nero the Jackal

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 05, 2012, 03:22:05 PM
Quote from: Nero the Jackal on Mar 05, 2012, 01:05:13 PM

Your point being? He thinks what he thinks.

My point being is even some die-hard fans know how bad the film was although the first one had some potential which is why its even more disappointing.
He can think what he wants, i never said otherwise.

AVP-R is by far the worst....of course that depends on how prometheus will turn out  since that could end up being bad but because its directed by scott then it has a decent chance of turning out good.

Speaking of AVP-R, there is one person i know who thinks its one the best films in the franchise and pretty much ever. How crazy is that?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Welcome to subjectivity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed