Is there a Marvel Movieverse?

Started by Extroheal, Apr 09, 2007, 03:28:40 AM

Author
Is there a Marvel Movieverse? (Read 2,001 times)

Extroheal

Extroheal

Are all the movies based on Marvel comics set in the same universe or are they all set in different universes? There's not much evidence either way. In the comics they are all set in the same universe and crossovers are a common occurrence but in the movies there haven't been any crossovers (yet). There aren't likely to be any because the different movies are produced by different companies.

Can we assume that the movies are set in the same universe simply because it's like that in the comics, cartoons and games? The various different movies have very different styles; some involve pseudoscience, some involve magic. But it's like that in the comics too.

Another thing worth noting is that the X-Men movies are set in the near future (no more than 10 years judging by Magneto's age) but the other Marvel movies are set in the present.

What do you guys think?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I would like to think that they are all set in the same movieverse.

Darkness

Darkness

I'd prefer to think of them set in different universes. The thought of FF and X-Men crossing over in a movie is just ridiculous. They're completely different movies. Style and tone.

Scree

Scree

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 09, 2007, 01:01:09 PM
I would like to think that they are all set in the same movieverse.
The same goes for me too.

War Wager

War Wager

It seems that they are, they're always bumping into each other in games...

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I would just want to hear a mention about another superheo in one of these movies. Oh and scree, nice avatar looks pretty sweet

Newsfop

Newsfop

The most common cross-overs occur between Spider-man and X-men or Spider-man and the Fantastic Four. Because the wall crawler is in the hooks of Sony whereas the other two exist in Fox's domain, it's unlikely to ever see the characters intereact. And as for a Wolverine vs. Hulk . . . please God no. I wanted to throw my TV out the window after seeing The Hulk on library rental.

Extroheal

Extroheal

For those people who like to listen to behind-the-scenes material, is there any mention of a "Marvel Universe" when talking about the movie in any of the various director's commentaries or production featurettes?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed