[SPOILER FREE] Another review

Started by vehtam, Dec 19, 2007, 09:21:29 PM

Author
[SPOILER FREE] Another review (Read 24,816 times)

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 19, 2007, 11:33:20 PM
To be true, absolutley not.
I have seen movies in theaters that had a bad review, and i enjoyed it and vice versa. I´ll give you a advice, judge the movie after you have seen it no matter what ayone says about it, and do that with any movie you are planning on seing.

If thats how you see movies then thats cool, Im sure there are movies with bad reviews and whatnot that you find to be fun movies. Hidden jewels. But when I watch trailers, movies clips and read reviews and I find them uninteresting of just plain bad in my opinion, I don't waste my money.

QuoteDont know what are you talking about and to be true, i couldnt care less.

Then why did you respond? I was talking about hypocrisy in short.

Commander Aun

Quote from: Demonio Cazador on Dec 19, 2007, 11:33:13 PM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 19, 2007, 11:24:30 PM
Oh, and for the record...who's atually surpised that the first reveiws are bad?

I'm not, I actually expected it!

I slightly expected this to happen, but I didn't know it was going to be that bad. :-[

Major Alan Schaefer

But you do waste your time on this site...

Johnny Handsome

QuoteIf thats how you see movies then thats cool, Im sure there are movies with bad reviews and whatnot that you find to be fun movies. Hidden jewels. But when I watch trailers, movies clips and read reviews and I find them uninteresting of just plain bad in my opinion, I don't waste my money.
Fair play, of course im getting hyped up from a trailer, or not, and sometimes i dont like the trailer so i dont watch the movie. All i was saying is that you really shouldnt give a damn about something someone said about a movie, especially when its some fanboy who is expecting another Predator/alien masterpiece.

This movie will be fun, 90 minutes of fun and entertainment, good enough for me, i never expected anything else from a VS movie with a low budget.
QuoteThen why did you respond? I was talking about hypocrisy in short.
You had me quoted, so i gave my opinion on the thing. ;)

Commander Aun

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 19, 2007, 11:49:10 PM

Who you talking about? Me or someone else?

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Khan on Dec 19, 2007, 11:54:35 PM

The one talking about wasting money also know as that guy who "Hates everything."

Plokoon111

Plokoon111

Quoteand i´m only getting more and more hyped with each bad review.  

^ Rock on brotha! I'm with you all the way! The evil Sil and Gatallions will not stop us alien or pred fans from seeing the movie. I wonder why Colin and Greg haven't talked in awhile, I wonder how there feeling.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Necronomicon on Dec 19, 2007, 11:40:02 PM
And his opinion is respected, or should be, but it is no means omnipotent..... all of this your  perspective... as far as the bullshit comments go, someone could spend months, years, writing a screenplay and that does not equate to my having to not call it bullshit when I see it fit.

are you serious? it isn't opinion, is shitting and pissing all the way at somebodies hard work done for fans.

i can as well call somebody a brainless prick and it will be fine to you, because it's my "opinion"? wtf are you talking about man?  >:(

Necronomicon

Necronomicon

You're entitled to speak your mind however you want to, if you want to call people's names you have every right. You answered my entire point in your last sentence: it's all about opinion, plain and simple, no need to make it more difficult than it is. You hated the film, others will come to their own conclusions, I thank everyone for their reviews because without them we wouldn't be having our present discussion; which is good for the community.

vehtam

vehtam

Quote from: Necronomicon on Dec 20, 2007, 12:06:41 AM
You're entitled to speak your mind however you want to, if you want to call people's names you have every right. You answered my entire point in your last sentence: it's all about opinion, plain and simple, no need to make it more difficult than it is. You hated the film, others will come to their own conclusions, I thank everyone for their reviews because without them we wouldn't be having our present discussion; which is good for the community.

sorry, but when some guy spend couple of hours writing it BECASUE PEOPLE ASKED HIM FOR IT, and then i'm translating it for another couple of hours BECAUSE PEOPLE ASKED ME FOR IT, and then comes shmock and give us big 'f**k you' in the face, something is definetly wrong.

he is not stating his opinion about how guys feel about the movie, he's calling us liers which are making things up. that's not f**king opinion.

and i haven't seen the movie yet. the only thing i'm sure about it and hate to the guts is designs, because we already saw a lot of pictures and footage with them. you're missing the point there.

and i thought fan base at least be thankful for spending so much f**king time to show somebody opinion, which right you're defending so much right now. shit.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 19, 2007, 11:55:56 PM

The one talking about wasting money also know as that guy who "Hates everything."

Who "Hates everything?" thats an ignorant statement.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Spaghetti on Dec 20, 2007, 12:17:08 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Dec 19, 2007, 11:55:56 PM

Who "Hates everything?" thats an ignorant statement.
i haven't seen one positive thing...so genrealy you hate everything

Necronomicon

Necronomicon

Quote from: vehtam on Dec 20, 2007, 12:13:13 AM
Quote from: Necronomicon on Dec 20, 2007, 12:06:41 AM

sorry, but when some guy spend couple of hours writing it BECASUE PEOPLE ASKED HIM FOR IT, and then i'm translating it for another couple of hours BECAUSE PEOPLE ASKED ME FOR IT, and then comes shmock and give us big 'f**k you' in the face, something is definetly wrong.

he is not stating his opinion about how guys feel about the movie, he's calling us liers which are making things up. that's not f**king opinion.

and i haven't seen the movie yet. the only thing i'm sure about it and hate to the guts is designs, because we already saw a lot of pictures and footage with them. you're missing the point there.

and i thought fan base at least be thankful for spending so much f**king time to show somebody opinion, which right you're defending so much right now. shit.

I certainly would not call you a liar, that would be ridiculous - no one here has lied about anything (not the fans at least). But we should try and respect the fact that at least this was what most of the people who asked for it wanted- a review, from a particular fan's perspective; if they didn't like it, tough sh*t. My main beef is that some people are taking this way out of proportion based on a few reviews... not everyone, but some. Salerno was the worst choice for a script-writer here, but I will base my judgment of that when I see it on Tuesday, maybe I will find it enjoyable, and I wouldn't be wrong for doing so.

In the mean time, let's not tear each other to pieces here.... 

Irritator

Irritator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Dec 19, 2007, 11:26:43 PM
Just another review from another alien fanboy, as it seems.
They are always complaining about how shitty the aliens are portrayed, but in terms of predator they only say: Ohh well, he´s fine... but the aliens... basically the same thing as the first avp.

Damn, that's impressive.
A few posts ago I quoted the sentences in the review that criticise the portrayal of the Predator. Let me spell it out for ya again:

Quote from: Irritator on Dec 19, 2007, 09:59:20 PM
Quote from: Lionhart on Dec 19, 2007, 09:54:55 PM
Most of the review is movie sucks because the Predator are bad ass/ Something like that.

QuoteLack of amazonian or urban jungle takes away his hunter dignity.

and
QuoteThe Predator is cruel, and we should be thankful, but if only there would be consequence to that. Wolf kills only one person and gets him skinned. All the following victims are getting killed by accident, or the violence is toned down, and again accidental.

or
QuoteHe grabs his shoulder cannon, and thanks to that from distinguish hunter he is becoming bad cowboy with a gun. His confrontations with aliens look awkward. Punches, kicks and wrestling.
?

Yeah, it's totally about Predator being a badass, sorry.

He didn't like the Predator's perfmorance either, though he appreciated the design.

Quotei haven't seen one positive thing...so genrealy you hate everything

That's awesome. "He didn't tell anything positive, therefore, he must be all negative."

How about this: "Major Alan Schaefer has never been talking about having sex with girls, therefore, he must enjoy group gay banging".

Eh?

Major Alan Schaefer

Good thing everyone on this site is a movie expert...  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed