Guy reviews AVP:R. Major Spoilers

Started by Accaris, Dec 19, 2007, 01:40:17 PM

Author
Guy reviews AVP:R. Major Spoilers (Read 13,394 times)

Gacu666

Gacu666

Quote from: Rovdjuret on Dec 19, 2007, 03:51:45 PM
Quote from: Daweism on Dec 19, 2007, 03:12:51 PMColin in disguise.

Not really.

Chet in disguise?

Mine, the one from rottentomatoes and my friend that was sitting next to me. He first made a short review, but unfortunately his english isn't so good and nobody took him seriously.

Im gonna go and translate his full polish review so you can all read it.

Lee Yutani

Lee Yutani

I agree 100% with the last line in his review.  I say money that we don't spend on avpr is money that fox will spend on A5/P3, since avpr is low budget maybe it will cause them to ... I don't know ...invest in A5.

JK | 19 Dec 2007 15:5412
Movieweb review.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/35/4035/review5656.php

YutaniDitch

Quote from: 343 on Dec 19, 2007, 04:06:27 PM
JK | 19 Dec 2007 15:5412
Movieweb review.

http://www.movieweb.com/movies/film/35/4035/review5656.php

Well, first POSITIVE review...even though he uses the term 'cool' and he doesn't sound convincing at all... And what he said as good things (the many nods throughout) I find them lazy and not appealing at all...

Seems like a 'feed the fanboys' movie more than a movie that can stand on it's own next or even close to the originals...Pity... ::)

Predator-S

I feel a little better now. After all it's an official review.

Gates

Gates

"Or blasting away hordes of aliens with double shoulder cannons. Or even just smashing one's head with his foot."

Oh boy... ::)

$cHm0cK

$cHm0cK

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 19, 2007, 03:24:28 PM
Actually, it was Distephano who said that... Good memory...!  ::)

OMG he's back again  ::)

Well yeah ... then it was distephano ... i dont care .. it is the worst alien movie i ever saw.

greetz

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Daweism on Dec 19, 2007, 01:51:46 PM
That dude who reviewed it has ONE post.

Troll I'd say.

And that ending is way to gay to be the actual ending.

Sounds like the right ending to me.

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Gates on Dec 19, 2007, 04:14:32 PM
"Or blasting away hordes of aliens with double shoulder cannons. Or even just smashing one's head with his foot."

My point exactly... He just liked what most of us disliked... Big deal... And his 'like an 80's movie' remarks is funny...I want to think I have evolved in moviewatching since the 80's... Oh, and Predator and Aliens were still fresh back then, so...

Overall, he is just someone who doesn't get it... at all... ;)

Predator-S

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 19, 2007, 04:17:55 PM

My point exactly... He just liked what most of us disliked... Big deal... And his 'like an 80's movie' remarks is funny...I want to think I have evolved in moviewatching since the 80's... Oh, and Predator and Aliens were still fresh back then, so...

So you're a better movie critic or something?

That Yellow Alien

See, that review is more of what I am expecting with this film. When someone realizes what the film truly is, they sit back and watch the entertaining action scenes. It's nothing more.

Predator-S

Wolf stomping on an alien is going to be so hardcore  :D

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Predator-S on Dec 19, 2007, 04:21:17 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Dec 19, 2007, 04:17:55 PM

So you're a better movie critic or something?

This is not about that...What he showed as the movie's STRENGTHS are exactly the same things many fans have posted as FRAILTIES... SO it is merely a SUBJECTIVE review... as you (some fans) accused Gacu and the other reviewers of being... what distinguishes him from them is that he gives nothing to consubstantiate his views...so take it just on his own accord...That is why I don't like Spoiler-free reviews: they don't back up their claims...and so they are and rest dubious at best... I think the spoiler-heavy ones are the only ones that enable the reviewer to back up his subjective claims... At least, show us more than just telling us...

Like I said before about BB, spoilers won't damage a movie unless they are mistakes-related that cripple the movie...Those, we have the right and obligation as paying customers, to know in advance, not know the hard and painful way, after handing over our money...

That is what I think anyway... ;)

Gates

Gates

Quote from: Predator-S on Dec 19, 2007, 04:28:00 PM
Wolf stomping on an alien is going to be so hardcore  :D

No...it's going to be über-hardcore... ::)

Gacu666

Gacu666

No it was lame.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed