Alien 3. The Questionable One.

Started by ZombieSlayer909, Mar 29, 2007, 10:11:04 PM

How much has Alien 3 grown on you since the first viewing?

None. The movie still sucks.
2 (3.4%)
A little bit. Still terrible.
8 (13.6%)
A good amount. It all begins to make sense.
8 (13.6%)
A lot. I now realize how good this movie actually was.
18 (30.5%)
This movie was totally misunderstood d I really like it now.an
23 (39%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
Alien 3. The Questionable One. (Read 5,733 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Indeed it was.  Especially the stuff that wasn't in the Workprint.  However most of it's just novelty value.  It doesn't really hang together as well as the threatrical cut.

Yes it was nice to see things that wasn't in the workprint, but theres also stuff in the workprint that wasn't in the Extended version.  Why is that?... for example in the bait and chase scene at the end Jude and Morse are running down a corridor and Jude slips on someting and he looks at his hands and begins to scream when he realises what it is.  They should have at least had a Deleted scenes section in the special features disc like Alien did. 

Quote from: >>Predalien Warrior<< on Apr 10, 2007, 11:33:38 PM
I did like in the extended cut when the alien bursts out from a dead ox instead of a dog. I guess it would have been called the Ox Alien instead of Dog Alien if that was version was first released... 

Yes i liked that scene to  ;D i'd always wanted to see that one scene ever since i fiorst heard about it years ago! Didn't they have to finish some of that scene and effects with CGI?

Newsfop

Newsfop

It was interesting to see what actually happened with Golic. But on the other hand, I think it was a bit far fetched too even for an Alien movie. I think it was better to NOT have caught and lost rather than never caught at all.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: Newsfop on Apr 11, 2007, 02:23:41 AM
It was interesting to see what actually happened with Golic. But on the other hand, I think it was a bit far fetched too even for an Alien movie. I think it was better to NOT have caught and lost rather than never caught at all.

Yes thats another scene i was glad to see!  ;D well to be honest i loved the whole Golic sub-plot and it was ashame they cut that and the whole trapping the Alien sequence. But thats just my opinion  ;D

rycher

rycher

i like the assembly cut better cause it explained more, and it looked like a totally different movie which was cool.

Alienseseses

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2007, 08:31:03 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 02, 2007, 03:13:33 PM
Hicks and Newt die (I mean, WTF? What about Aliens?)

What about it?
Woah, deja vu... I posted that about a year ago.

I just think that killing off Hicks and Newt makes Aliens a wasted endeavor.

Ron Perlman fan

its ok still dont like it though .... A4s better

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 18, 2008, 02:21:35 PM
I just think that killing off Hicks and Newt makes Aliens a wasted endeavor.
Cloning Ripley makes Alien 3 a wasted venture. Killing off Hicks and Newt saved us from watching two characters with little room for expansion turn into even worse caricatures than they already are.

Blaz

Blaz

The way Alien 3 turned was a fitting way to continue on the story. A:R, however, was not a fitting way to.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Blaz on Apr 20, 2008, 08:38:14 AM
The way Alien 3 turned was a fitting way to continue on the story. A:R, however, was not a fitting way to.

Yep, it should have ended with A3.

Blaz

Blaz

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Apr 20, 2008, 09:05:36 AM
Quote from: Blaz on Apr 20, 2008, 08:38:14 AM

Yep, it should have ended with A3.

What's odd about the series, is that IMO, A:R was the worst one to finish off the series. No.1, she floats off into space, coulda ended there. No.2 they float off into space. Coulda ended there. No.3. She freakin dies. Shoulda ended there. Then No.4? Oooh we land on Earth. It was just a really dull way to end the series. IMO.

SM

SM

She finally makes it home and that's dull?

Private Hudson

A lot, it has grown on me ever since I got the quadrilogy set.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed