660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,147 times)

Scar Face

Scar Face

i didnt say scarface could break through i just said i would accept them being able to. why breakthrough if u can lift it up?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Okay. But if you ask me, it's easier to blow up the door anyway, if it's that in the way. Who knows if preds can break through steel doors. I didn't say they can't. I just think they shouldn't.

Scar Face

Scar Face

well ya but some people that have posted are like saying the predators have to be naked when fighting otherwise its cheap. thats bullshit thats like me saying aliens arent allowed to facehug and rip through their host.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Hmm, that wouldn't be reasonable to say, weapons and accessories are just natural for predators and are made to make them more effective against some prey. It's part of them, and doesn't mean without it they are just screwed.

But, to be frank, I haven't heard saying this too much on this site that preds have to be butt naked when fighting an alien, or it's cheat. People are resonable here, as I saw :)

Scar Face

Scar Face

some one said without weps they are screwed so i jiust think its stupid for them to say that

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2010, 05:08:55 AM
The don't have two skeletons.
I'm sure he means an endoskeleton and an exoskeleton, which ain't exactly the same but whatever. :P

swanhawk

swanhawk

I think the naked argument is a bit harsh preds are no fools you don't see us hunting bears with only a knife, that said I think strength wise the preds and aliens are well matched personally, from the information I've got from the movies and the novels, I'd say that the alien is made with perfect natural defences, claws,teeth,blood and a degree of instinctive intelligence, Preds have claws teeth and intelligence. eg. Adaptable fighting technique's. So and this is my opinion pred armed only with a loin cloth is a pretty even match to an alien, although the outcome is not certain, both have an even chance at winning. Anything that hunts whether to survive or for sport doesn't go out looking to die , for the preds its the thrill of out matching something that has the potential to kill you back, and if they happen to find there ultimate nemeses they even the score, in there selection when they find there ultimate prey they hunt as normal and don't go running when when said target gets the upper hand, PRED 2 would have some believe this, that's not true in my opinion I think from what I saw, was he had a time issue with regards to breathable air after his mask was off, I know this theory has holes in it with regards to all the other films, and the only defence I have for this is that every pred mask is pressure sealed via the link cables to the wrist blades, shoulder cannon. They can breath our air but I think they get week and pass out, cause our atmosphere lacks something there respiratory system requires, another reason the masks are required. I'm a Predator fan first Aliens are a very close second and like most I'll find an excuse to defend both.

Scar Face

Scar Face

im a Predator fan im saying they were created in the image of havin advanced weps thats how they should fight

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Quote from: JP9667 on Jul 21, 2010, 04:00:37 AM
Okay, let me put it in a way you can you can understand it. THE PREDATOR IS WEAK WITHOUT HIS SHOULDER CANNON AGAINST AN ALIEN. WITHOUT A SHOULDER CANNON HE IS SCREWED AGAINST AN ALIEN UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER PREDATOR TO HELP. When did scar start killing aliens? WHEN HE GOT THE SHOULDER CANNON. It's pretty simple. Predators  are screwed once it comes to close combat. They require range to kill one.  ::)

You can't write like that & then expect me to take that seriously...

Vulhala

Vulhala

Why not? Shouty all-caps just makes him more right.

Tangakkai

Tangakkai

Not in my book.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2010, 06:57:51 AM
QuoteWell, I said that example because we never saw a predator going against a steel door.

My example was more a 'what if?'  Like would it be realistic to expect a Predator to break down something like that.  I'd say not.

However, I'm sure they pack weapons to simply blow it open.
Tusk Predator was able to break through a steel barrier with a couple of punches or kicks with no problem. Albeit he was too big to get through, he did it with ease. A steel door is feasible.   

Lar'ja Thwei

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 22, 2010, 02:36:47 PM
Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2010, 06:57:51 AM
QuoteWell, I said that example because we never saw a predator going against a steel door.

My example was more a 'what if?'  Like would it be realistic to expect a Predator to break down something like that.  I'd say not.

However, I'm sure they pack weapons to simply blow it open.
Tusk Predator was able to break through a steel barrier with a couple of punches or kicks with no problem. Albeit he was too big to get through, he did it with ease. A steel door is feasible.
Oh yeah.. I don't think he was too big to get through, i think he just didn't want his prey dieing from a crazy Ooman.. So he bashed it open a bit to clear the smoke.

Master Chief

Master Chief

The grenade cleared the smoke, but also gave away their position. I'm thinking Tusk did that to flush them out.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Master Chief on Jul 22, 2010, 03:39:07 PM
The grenade cleared the smoke, but also gave away there position. I'm thinking Tusk did that to flush them out.
Now the "Flusher" nickname comes to a sense...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed