Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,058 times)

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 05:59:35 AM
I'm sure 157 colonist and a bunch of prisoners agree wholeheartedly...

There's weird theories and then there's weird theories...

Wait, were you agreeing with me? O.o

SM

SM

Not in the slightest.

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

I didn't mean it weakens them to the point where they're crawling on their hands and knees, I mean, in ALIEN it took jet engines on full blast to probably just blast it into space, as it is seen fully intact (probably sploded but it is never inferred), and so far any other time they've been on a planet, or genetically tampered with. And any other time, simple rifle rounds can kill them. -shrugs-

SM

SM

The one on Fiorina had ten tonnes of hot lead dumped on it.
The Auriga ones just got annoyed when blasted by liquid nitrogen.

Not sure what you'd be basing the planet vs. space thing on?

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 06:16:28 AM
The one on Fiorina had ten tonnes of hot lead dumped on it.
The Auriga ones just got annoyed when blasted by liquid nitrogen.

Not sure what you'd be basing the planet vs. space thing on?

Ten tons of liquid is not that heavy. And of course they only got annoyed, Aliens are very resilient to extreme temperatures. What I'm basing it off, is the one in ALIEN was so much more powerful than its other brethren, curiously, all of the other encounters have been on some kind of planet, and all of those have been so far inferior, and able to be dispatched with much less of a struggle.

SM

SM

QuoteTen tons of liquid is not that heavy.

Ten tonnes is ten tonnes, whether it's liquid or anything else.  Grant not all of it fell straight on the Alien, but it was still well over 300 degree centigrade.

As for the Alien in the first one being "so much more powerful" - it never got shot at by anything other than a harpoon gun.  Compare apples with apples.

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 06:32:00 AM
QuoteTen tons of liquid is not that heavy.

Ten tonnes is ten tonnes, whether it's liquid or anything else.  Grant not all of it fell straight on the Alien, but it was still well over 300 degree centigrade.

As for the Alien in the first one being "so much more powerful" - it never got shot at by anything other than a harpoon gun.  Compare apples with apples.

Still she blasted it at the end. And ten tons of marbles is much different than ten tons of concrete. They would both hurt like hell, but ultimately the latter would hurt worse =P

And I am sure those jet engines make 300 degree centigrade look like nothing more than a goddamn toaster, rofl.

SM

SM

Who cares?  It survived the molten lead too.  Not only that - it leapt out of it, indicating it could swim through something several hundred times hotter and ten times denser than water.

Lordprobe ALIENS

Lordprobe ALIENS

The Aliens are great to watch due to there killer moves.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Very quick and the best of all they can move on any anything. :) :)

Everything the Aliens do always results to one thing BLOOD, GORE AND GUTS.  8) 8) 8)

I've always loved the Aliens. :) :) :) :) :)

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

You don't, I do. @Lordprobe: Too many smilies.

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: SM on Jul 06, 2010, 01:10:22 AM
Thought he was dead...?

Well I mean before the nuke blew everyone up.. but that's besides the point.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 06, 2010, 03:44:49 AM
Quote from: Bevo2506 on Jul 06, 2010, 03:03:47 AM
Quote from: The Demon on Jul 06, 2010, 12:55:57 AM
So Predators win because they have the upper hand with their technology which wouldn't be provided without their level of intelligence.

in AvP the first two predators got killed by the same Alien in less than 10 minutes they didnt have the shoulder cannon but they had their wristblades and such

And if they were so damn smart, they wouldn't have not paid attention to their surroundings or become cocky.

I really hate to use AvP as a scape goat, but come on. Those Predators were terrible excuses for Predators.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

They certainly looked bad. But most of their actions kept in line with - actually no, fu#k it, I'm not getting into this again.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Walk away TJ  ;)

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Oh, I'm long gone.

Mr. Self Destruct

Mr. Self Destruct

lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed