Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,171 times)

SM

SM

That doesn't really explain how though.

One possible way is for the Predator to do the tail swingy thing and swing the Alien onto a big spike or something.  Lotta luck involved in that though.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Well, it's the same concept as martial artists here on Earth. Some are better fighters than others.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 25, 2010, 01:52:03 AM
Well, it's the same concept as martial artists here on Earth. Some are better fighters than others.

but martial artists dont have claws, tail and acid blood. dont know how a predator can defeats an alien up close without getting killed or acid spray.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Celtic did well against Grid.  If he had time to pick him up and throw him around, I'm betting he could have easily turned Grid's head around in ways it's not supposed to go...maybe.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 25, 2010, 04:34:56 AM
Celtic did well against Grid.  If he had time to pick him up and throw him around, I'm betting he could have easily turned Grid's head around in ways it's not supposed to go...maybe.

dont think breaking an aliens kneck would be as easy as breaking a humans. they seem to have a neck full of muscle.

and thats if the alien doesnt kill him while doing so

Bmurs

Bmurs

I personally take interest in the predator, his unique style and ability to stalk even the most alert targets without notice and taking them out with his arsenal of unique weapons is just unbelievable. Plus i believe in one of the AVP comics it denotes that Predators Blood is the Base to Aliens Acid making it Non lethal underneath the skin of a predator.

On a side note the original predator movie has the best quote of any of the movies from these 2 phenoms,

"I Ain't Got Time To Bleed"  - Jesse Ventura.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

dont think breaking an aliens kneck would be as easy as breaking a humans. they seem to have a neck full of muscle.

That's why cutting its head off is more simple. Or stabbing it. After dodging it's attack. Of course there's a chance of failure. We're talking about an alien. But since we're talking about a predator too, it's probable.

The Demon

The Demon

I just think the Predator is tough enough to take a beating from the Alien while he pins it down and kills it... if he hasn't been jawed in the forehead yet.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 25, 2010, 03:23:19 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 25, 2010, 01:52:03 AM

but martial artists dont have claws, tail and acid blood. dont know how a predator can defeats an alien up close without getting killed or acid spray.

By using a superior mind and cunning. That is pretty much the one advantage that a Predator (or a human, for that matter) has over an Alien. If he uses that properly, he does have a chance at succeeding, however slim it may be.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Master Chief on Mar 25, 2010, 04:34:56 AM

I agree. He would have had to act fast though. After tackling Grid into the column, Grid seemed a bit dazed. That would've been the best time to do it.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I think a Predator with a combistick could take an Alien in close  combat. But bare handed a Predator is pretty much screwed. He'd have to dodge and Aliens multiple attacks and grab its tail and TRY to swing it into something hard. The try to crush its neck.

All in all I think an Alien could win in any close combat match with almost any creature.

The Demon

The Demon

Do you guys remember how slow the Alien was when it confronts it terrified victims? Remember Predator beating the hell out of Arnold?

Does anyone get where I'm coming from. I think it would be a fair fight if that.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 25, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
Do you guys remember how slow the Alien was when it confronts it terrified victims?
Remember how it moved quickly when provoked to do so?

QuoteDoes anyone get where I'm coming from.
Not in the least.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

That's because the Alien had no reason to rush at killing a helpless victim. If it fought a Predator we would see the same blitzing speed and the force of freaking Car in each of it's swipes. Those bastards can knock down thick steal doors and have hard enough exoskeletons to bounce advanced Bullets from 200 years into the future.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 25, 2010, 08:15:08 AM

That's why cutting its head off is more simple. Or stabbing it. After dodging it's attack. Of course there's a chance of failure. We're talking about an alien. But since we're talking about a predator too, it's probable.

please explain to me how he would slice the alien in such close quarters without getting acid spray all over him?

Quote from: The Demon on Mar 25, 2010, 07:51:14 PM
Do you guys remember how slow the Alien was when it confronts it terrified victims? Remember Predator beating the hell out of Arnold?

Does anyone get where I'm coming from. I think it would be a fair fight if that.

do you remember how fast the alien in alien 3 moved? theyre not slow in the least.
the alien in alien had no reason to be quick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed