660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,503 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Legs were structured like that because if the bigger size. The Queen in Aliens is younger, and maybe the Queen from AVP had freed herself from the sack multiple times before being captured.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteMuscles and armor =/= fat;
They look like giant rubber figures with oversized chests. It's not fat, armor or muscle, but pure tastelessness.

QuoteYes, AvP is bad if you compare it to the original Alien Quadrilogy. But it is a nice enjoyable little Action flick. it hasn't the deepness of the Alien franchis but c'mon... it's a crossover.

And it's piece of crap compared to the predator films. And being a crossover doesn't mean it has to ruin things and be unimaginative. It wasn't enjoyable for me.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 09, 2010, 01:15:33 PMDon't see a problem with that, since you can introduce both monsters safely; Muscles and armor =/= fat; minor detail and easily explainable; just because the Queen is big doesn't mean it is qualified as a "Dino"; Weyland says otherwise; Because the one in AvP:R was completely different, huh? :P
Look at the Queen in Aliens, then in AVP. The Queen in Aliens is biomechanical, oddly jointed, whereas the Queen in AVP is spined with completely different legs, chest etc, the best comparison would be the Spinosaurus(?) in JP3. http://www.jamescamerononline.com/AlienQueen.htm Look closely at the designs, I love the movement of the Queen in Aliens, in AVP it's a T-Rex stalk (easily outmaneuvered - AVP bulls**t). I don't think a comparison to anything in AVP:R does much for any argument's credibility  :P Similarly, look at the Predator as he lies dying in AVP for the full scale of his stumpyness, the Predator in AVP:R was more to the mark ... wait, I think I've contradicted myself  :D

SM

SM

The original walked with a splayed gait which made her look like she had real weight that needed supporting.  The AvP Queen looked about ready to topple over with her dino walk.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They all look alike. The queen from Aliens even runs like the queen in AvP when it briefly chases Ripley before she closes the door that leads to the powerloader room.
The Spinosaurus in JP3.... comparison with the Queen... meh.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 11, 2010, 02:18:09 PM
They all look alike. The queen from Aliens even runs like the queen in AvP when it briefly chases Ripley before she closes the door that leads to the powerloader room.
I think you should watch again. The Queen's leg movements in Aliens is, as another poster said, splayed. The AVP Queen's walk is more anthropomorphic, one leg in front of the other.

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 11, 2010, 02:18:09 PM
The Spinosaurus in JP3.... comparison with the Queen... meh.
Thanks for making my day. Thank you.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 11, 2010, 03:05:51 PM
I think you should watch again.
It looked the same, just slower.

BENDIDAT

BENDIDAT

Predators man they have cool weapens and are fast and really strong i love them so much they rule

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Predator was the first film I watched of both series, so naturally I have a lot of love for the character and the concept.

Gear

Gear

predator all the way lol besides aliens look good squished and there fun to bash

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 13, 2010, 09:48:59 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 11, 2010, 03:05:51 PM
I think you should watch again.
It looked the same, just slower.

I think you should get your eyes checked. ;)

Quote from: Gear on Mar 17, 2010, 12:54:44 AM
predator all the way lol besides aliens look good squished and there fun to bash

Good luck with that.

Gear

Gear

Quote from: Gear on Mar 17, 2010, 12:54:44 AM

Good luck with that.
[/quote]

i dont need luck it happnes lol quit well

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

You would need luck. That's how any characters survived in the Alien movies; sheer, blind luck.

Gear

Gear

yea well only luck i mneed is a good scraper to remove em for mthe bottem of my shoe

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed