654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,533 times)

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 04, 2010, 08:54:05 PM
Okay.

Put a man whos trained with the best martial artists all his life and give him a machete and a machine gun.

He'd own at least four aliens.

And having a hive mind means if you f' the queen you f' the hive.

And in Alien aliens weren't supposed to have hive minds that was Cam's idea to " Earthize " the aliens.

You can't be serious.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I know! Not even a mention of Duck Tape!

SM

SM

Give the man duck tape and he'd pwn another half dozen Aliens.

SiL

SiL

Give a man a roll of duct tape and he'd have a Predator hog-tied and squealing like a bitch inside of twenty seconds. Hillbilly rape would follow soon thereafter.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

What happens if you give an Alien some duck tape?

Celtic Predator 2782

Celtic Predator 2782

whats with you people and ducktape

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Drago-Morph on Mar 04, 2010, 10:45:20 PM
Son you do not want to go there.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Doesn't 'Lambert' happen?

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Indigestion.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 04, 2010, 08:54:05 PM
Okay.

Put a man whos trained with the best martial artists all his life and give him a machete and a machine gun.

He'd own at least four aliens.

And having a hive mind means if you f' the queen you f' the hive.

And in Alien aliens weren't supposed to have hive minds that was Cam's idea to " Earthize " the aliens.

Oh, the naïvety! :D

It's like Deliverance, only much, much worse.

The PredBen

The PredBen

In Predator a Predator took machine gun fire at point blank range.

In Aliens ,  aliens took gun fire at 20 or so feet away, and were bashed against the wall!

I think this shows that if I had a gun and shot a Predator it would live. If I shot an Alien it would die.

The alien does survive having molten metal tossed upon it. But this contridicts with Aliens idea that a mere gun and kill an alien.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A mere gun can't. You'll notice the only reason Vasquez killed one with a 9mm handgun was because she pinned it to a wall and shot it at point blank range.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The PredBen on Mar 05, 2010, 02:30:31 AM
In Predator a Predator took machine gun fire at point blank range.
He got shot in the leg from 20 or so feet away.

Incidentally, the bullet went clean through the Predator's thigh.

QuoteIn Aliens ,  aliens took gun fire at 20 or so feet away, and were bashed against the wall!
From armour-piercing explosive tipped rounds fired from machine guns.

Hm. Predator gets hit with one bullet, doesn't fly away ... Aliens get hit with dozens of exploding, armour-piercing bullets, fly away -  Guess that makes Aliens weak!

QuoteIf I shot an Alien it would die.
Except for all those times when the bullets bounced off and did jack shit, whereas every bullet we've ever seen hit a Predator's skin has penetrated and drawn blood.

QuoteBut this contridicts with Aliens idea that a mere gun and kill an alien.
If you honestly think that the two situations are similar in the least, you really are a troll.

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

QuoteIn Predator a Predator took machine gun fire at point blank range.

It got shot by a single machine gun round.

At thirty feet.

In the leg.

QuoteIn Aliens ,  aliens took gun fire at 20 or so feet away, and were bashed against the wall!

In Aliens, Aliens took numerous machine gun bursts of explosive rounds to the head at ten feet and didn't flinch. This was from a gun two hundred years more advanced than anything we have now.

QuoteI think this shows that if I had a gun and shot a Predator it would live. If I shot an Alien it would die.

Actually, it shows that your argument has little ground to stand on. Well . . . aside from all those times the Predator was shot with our primitive weapons in less-critical areas and was severely wounded, and all those times that Aliens were shot in the head with guns multiple times as advanced as anything we currently have and shrugged it off, I guess you're right.

QuoteThe alien does survive having molten metal tossed upon it. But this contridicts with Aliens idea that a mere gun and kill an alien.

Oh, yes, being hit by explosive metal bullets flying faster than the speed of sound in the head is exactly like being placed in a twenty-ton pool of molten lead.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I'm not a troll!

Geez okay your right you are more educated in the Alien films then me it appears.

To be 100% honest to you I haven't seen Aliens recently so I got confused.

Lets say I didn't think they were similar i'd be a troll. If I do then I really am a  troll.

Okay the aliens are more resilant. They are stronger. Fair enough.

The Predators have Plasma casters. ... They can easily take out a lot of aliens with one plasma caster.

Isn't it funny how its always 1 - 5 Predators vs. 100s of aliens and it is usually a close fight?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed