654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 470,577 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 02, 2010, 02:33:40 PM
Quotecomplex..? it depends to whom! ;)

No, it's not kidding. There are people who try to simplifiy things. For them pred's simple. Poor them :D

I made the mistake of over-simplifying when I first got here. All it led to was arguments and mean-spirits; never again. :(

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

I love both Predators and Aliens. I just happen to love Aliens more. I may seem like a crazed fanboy, but in most arguments I'm fairly neutral. I see that both sides have a few good points. The reason I don't join in is, well, what's the point of arguing neutrality in a debate? There isn't one. Thus, the only time I step in is when some rabid Predboy (no offense to my buddy Predboy himself, mind you) storms in and completely disregards everything ever established about the Alien in the only undisputed canonical sources (Alien Trilogy, Resurrection doesn't count because every argument posed there can be countered with "they're crossbred" and the AVP films simply aren't canonical). Thus, I seem psychotic (not in the anti-personality disorder literal sense) about the Alien and really biased. Which I suppose I am in situations like that.

. . . Which makes this entire post null. Oh well, I'm keeping it. I didn't just waste two minutes for nothing. 

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Two minutes? Wow! I wish I had an attention span that long. :(

Drago-Morph

Drago-Morph

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 02, 2010, 11:54:39 PM
Two minutes? Wow! I wish I had an attention span that long. :(

Oh, I know, it's awesome having- is that a butterfly? Oooh! Come back, Mr. Sprinkles! Come back! *Skips off to chase winged insect.*

The PredBen

The PredBen

This is all opinion based arguements.

There is no facts supporting which species is cooler. Or better.

You can try to argue which one would win in a fight ... thats it ... the rest of the arguements are based on opinion.

You can geniully use facts to support your opinion on that the alien or predator is better/cooler then the other but in the end ... its your opinoin. There is no wrong answer. I apologize for entering this thread my friends1

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

That's why the thread asks which you prefer, and why. It was completely based around opinions from the get-go.

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 03, 2010, 01:28:46 AM
That's why the thread asks which you prefer, and why. It was completely based around opinions from the get-go.

This. Nobody was asking -- or even wanted to see -- "facts" that proved one species "better" than the other.

... I hope.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Mar 03, 2010, 04:36:19 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 03, 2010, 01:28:46 AM

This. Nobody was asking -- or even wanted to see -- "facts" that proved one species "better" than the other.

... I hope.

Whether anyone wanted that or not is irrelevant. because none exist.

Original source materials show aliens to be physiologically superior while predators have the advantage of experience, and technology.

So it comes out at pretty much an even balance.

Or it should, if a sane person is writing.

By which I mean not a fanboy. Of either creature.

Elliot117

Elliot117

i voted alien cause they are seriously cool mutherF**kerz and can clmb on anything and even though they would probably eat the pieces in a game of scrabble i reckon they would still be a challenge for example you'd have to make it unconscious without killing it which is almost impossible as it is but thenn would have to haul its heavy as hell body onto an unmovable chair and somehow strap it down without it escaping which also i reckon is almost impossible but if it were me i'd attempt to strap it on with supa glue and duck tape!!!!,
DUCK TAPE RULEZ!!
but i have to admit that if i hadn't known that an alien could ride a ship's landing gear (the alien queen in alien 2 or 3-can't remember)i would have definately have voted pred as they die in honour and fight in honour for their race and clan etc and if they succeed alright it was for  a couple of trophies fair enough but i still love the fact if they don't win they blow the living sh*t outta everything in the immediate vicinity, which in my opinion is actually awesome!!
oh yeh and their faces are actually immense 2 downsides:
1. being they is UGLY!!
2. being even though they have those anti facehugger mandible thingies they are uselesss at using them as demonstrated in avp resulting in avp 2
I reckon if there's an avp 3 a pred needs to stick down and kill a alien with duck tape that would be IMMENSE!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Wow. You were all over the place with that post. :o

SM

SM

To say nothing of that tape that ducks use...

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

There's actually a brand of duct tape known as duck tape, I seem to recall, at least here in the UK.

Mostly because kids always used to call duct tape duck tape, I expect.

EDIT: Actually, seems it might be known as that due to its waterproofing properties, which were quite a leap when the stuff was first manufactured.

HitmonTom

HitmonTom

http://www.duckbrand.com/

There actually is a "Duck Tape."

It's more for aesthetics than actual usefulness. Duct tape wallets, etc.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Fantastic. Let's all go fu#king nuts with Duck Tape now, shall we?

The PredBen

The PredBen

Okay.

Put a man whos trained with the best martial artists all his life and give him a machete and a machine gun.

He'd own at least four aliens.

And having a hive mind means if you f' the queen you f' the hive.

And in Alien aliens weren't supposed to have hive minds that was Cam's idea to " Earthize " the aliens.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed