Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 467,093 times)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 02, 2010, 01:35:37 PM
Although my opinion is supported by canonical sources. You're just whipping out your opinion and disregarding Alien canon at your convenience.
Well....ur opinion might be so....but am not disregarding alien...even if i am ..its my opnion...
and u can't blame me for wanting something elz ....tis' just me!

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 02, 2010, 01:49:26 PM
Then it'll just fire itself out of an orbital cannon pointing its wristblades forward, then.  :P

Hmmmm... Nice picture.... Interesting... It could look like a dream...
(imagination begins its work)
wow...
Eternal flight... into infinity...

If no nuke, then ignoring. Sometimes it works effectively. ;)

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: keylight-di on Mar 02, 2010, 01:38:08 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 01:34:24 PM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 02, 2010, 11:01:32 AM
You know how it is when someone talks nonsense and that nonsense gets in the way of your own opinion on every level...

It's like an itch you want to scratch with bullets.
meaning "UR OPINION"?

Not only... Rahul, can't you see it?  :-\ (*deep breath*)

@Alex, I understand. Perfectly...
(nuke from orbit works always perfect  ;))
key:ignorance redefined!
ignorant coz ..i dont know if ur pretending to understand my posts or dont want to!!

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

QuoteWell That's what i mean ......i hav a problem with the "CANON" stuff!!
let ME put it this way...
1.think of the original alien... :P
2.now the original predator.. 8)
3.Pit them against each other.... ;D
i dont care abt the following movies are"CANON" or not ...they both are original..i would like to put my own brain to use ..rather than have another set of directors/comic book writers trying to tell us wat's canon! they just try to cash in with either franchise's name
!! that's all!!!! 8)

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 06:45:30 AM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 02, 2010, 06:11:21 AM
Quoteeh.... ????.......huh.........?...??????? Why...?

As I said, because the alien in that movie doesn't fight, or take any real attack. It's speed is not represented well (except for the scene wit Dallas), only it's strenght. That's the only thing you can rely on. Every other aspects must be assumptions, which cannot be reliable in your case, when you state the pred would kill an alien easily imo. That's why you need at least Aliens I think.

No, your posts weren't bouncers. I see what you're telling, but I think you should put more effort to it before stating such a radical statement. That's all, and it's only what I think. An opinion. You don't need to self destruct.
U do realise that assumption is wat created "AVP" ...right?
i would hav considered all of avp universe rightly canon if
ridley and  McTiernan or the creature designers collaborate/shared some thoughts together/watever...i mean ..they created them! so wat they tell ..is CANON! ..IMHO

I'm talking abou this. Like you said, I'm not talking about canon, or avp movies etc. Just those originals, you wanted to compare, like you were suggesting in those posts. And seeing your comparsion idea and your former statement about how predators are superb than aliens led to my orogonal post to you.
That's all. I won't say more, or try to prove my point, since I love predators, and I won't try to prove that aliens can kill them. But simplifying,  the creature I adore and and seemingly ignoring it's limits (dunno if you just don't care or don't know; wasn't intended as a pun) is something I couldn't ignore. They are much more complex than that.

But in the end humans always win btw. "Whoever wins...we nuke" as mentioned above.
Just kidding :) Those puny humans have no chance.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 02, 2010, 02:12:18 PM
QuoteWell That's what i mean ......i hav a problem with the "CANON" stuff!!
let ME put it this way...
1.think of the original alien... :P
2.now the original predator.. 8)
3.Pit them against each other.... ;D
i dont care abt the following movies are"CANON" or not ...they both are original..i would like to put my own brain to use ..rather than have another set of directors/comic book writers trying to tell us wat's canon! they just try to cash in with either franchise's name
!! that's all!!!! 8)

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 06:45:30 AM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Mar 02, 2010, 06:11:21 AM
Quoteeh.... ????.......huh.........?...??????? Why...?

As I said, because the alien in that movie doesn't fight, or take any real attack. It's speed is not represented well (except for the scene wit Dallas), only it's strenght. That's the only thing you can rely on. Every other aspects must be assumptions, which cannot be reliable in your case, when you state the pred would kill an alien easily imo. That's why you need at least Aliens I think.

No, your posts weren't bouncers. I see what you're telling, but I think you should put more effort to it before stating such a radical statement. That's all, and it's only what I think. An opinion. You don't need to self destruct.
U do realise that assumption is wat created "AVP" ...right?
i would hav considered all of avp universe rightly canon if
ridley and  McTiernan or the creature designers collaborate/shared some thoughts together/watever...i mean ..they created them! so wat they tell ..is CANON! ..IMHO

I'm talking abou this. Like you said, I'm not talking about canon, or avp movies etc. Just those originals, you wanted to compare, like you were suggesting in those posts. And seeing your comparsion idea and your former statement about how predators are superb than aliens led to my orogonal post to you.
That's all. I won't say more, or try to prove my point, since I love predators, and I won't try to prove that aliens can kill them. But simplifying,  the creature I adore and and seemingly ignoring it's limits (dunno if you just don't care or don't know; wasn't intended as a pun) is something I couldn't ignore. They are much more complex than that.

But in the end humans always win btw. "Whoever wins...we nuke" as mentioned above.
Just kidding :) Those puny humans have no chance.
complex..? it depends to whom! ;)
Just kidding!! ;)
Tired of fighting everyone!!!!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 01:53:34 PM
but am not disregarding alien

Yes you are.

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 01:53:34 PM...even if i am ..its my opnion...

You're welcome to your opinion - but it has no priority over anyone else's. You can't claim that things are a certain way without backing them up and expect other people to accept them.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Am I the only one, who, in hindsight, wishes there was an 'I like them both pretty much equally' option to this poll?

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quotecomplex..? it depends to whom! ;)

No, it's not kidding. There are people who try to simplifiy things. For them pred's simple. Poor them :D
Though saying they are not is funny, since their behaviour seems to be made up from much panels, and we don't know the backdround for it. See?
Fighting? Not at all. When you start bringing up arguments, we may be, though I prefer nice talking on internet ;)

Quote from: Kriszilla on Mar 02, 2010, 02:30:26 PM
Am I the only one, who, in hindsight, wishes there was an 'I like them both pretty much equally' option to this poll?

No, I assume :D

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Kriszilla on Mar 02, 2010, 02:30:26 PM

Only fans firmly planted in one of the true camps are tr00.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

You mean biased to a ridiculous degree?

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

In many cases.

Although to the credit of this forum, there are a fair few members planted in one camp or the other that give due consideration to both sides of the argument.

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Very true, but sadly there aren't many.

Keylight comes to mind, and perhaps SM.

keylight-di

keylight-di

Quote from: Kriszilla on Mar 02, 2010, 02:45:12 PM
Very true, but sadly there aren't many.

Keylight comes to mind, and perhaps SM.

I'm here. Thank you... :)

Yea... We are unique... :-\

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

So I can't like both species equally? That suddenly prevents me from being a "true" fan? This is an Aliens AND Predator board, you know. ::) The only people that belong here are those that like both.  >:( /stupidrant

And yes, I want a "lolboth" option... as well.

Reaper Pred

Reaper Pred

Quote from: MadassAlex on Mar 02, 2010, 02:30:02 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 01:53:34 PM
but am not disregarding alien

Yes you are.

Quote from: Rahul on Mar 02, 2010, 01:53:34 PM...even if i am ..its my opnion...

You're welcome to your opinion - but it has no priority over anyone else's. You can't claim that things are a certain way without backing them up and expect other people to accept them.
"claim things are a certain way"...i just think so...i dont mean to say all i say is true and canon!
i hav no priority over anyone else's opinion..No i dont..i didn't mean my posts to be taken that way!
...and i dont care if anyone accepts my opinions or not(meh!)!
no-one can force a opinion on others!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed