Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,518,119 times)

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 02, 2024, 05:41:43 AM"I liked it" =/= "quality film-making".

Don't think anyone here said it was the highest caliber film-making. That doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable or a good movie though...

Quote from: dave1978 on Apr 02, 2024, 07:43:55 AMMovie garbage of the highest order,  utter drivel.  I dont know who in charge of cameras or the filming but they totally fail in making these things look the size they are,  may aswell be 6 feet tall for all the sense of scale there is.  Any why oh why if Kong made to look like such a wimp all the time,  constantly getting his arse handed to him. 

You sound upset. You can try ask the theater for a refund if you feel so bummed out about it...but I don't think most will share that opinion here...

El Diablo

El Diablo

I finally got around to seeing GxK this week. It's very silly but I enjoyed it. My wife and I left the theater kind of giddy, like a couple of kids high on way too much sugar. Now I had seen a rough cut of the movie last year on the Warner Bros. lot and noticed a few big changes in the final theatrical version.

Spoiler
There was a bit more emphasis at the very beginning on Monarch trying to assuage the fears of various governments regarding Godzilla. There's a lack of trust in Monarch's ability to keep the public safe due to the collateral damage from Godzilla's various battles. Rebecca Hall's character does mention that the big guy is protecting the world from rogue titans and preventing further destruction, which is a line kept in the final film.

The battle between Godzilla and Tiamat was added to the movie. Originally, he absorbed all of the radiation from the power plant in France and went immediately into the ocean. He was tracked via submarine way out into the ice where they discovered his husk floating in the depths. Godzilla had shed his entire skin, and then we see the evolved version of him rise up from the waters.

Mothra was never originally in the film. There was another Titan known as Fosfera that was introduced at the end. It was a white winged dragon with slightly insectoid features but it basically plays out exactly as it does in the final film. I much prefer Mothra if I'm being honest. I also noticed that every time Mothra is mentioned in the movie the dialogue is said offscreen. Clever editing done to substitute the creatures.
[close]

Overall, I had such a blast with this movie. I hope they continue with the Monsterverse going forward.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: El Diablo on Apr 03, 2024, 08:35:31 PM
Spoiler
The battle between Godzilla and Tiamat was added to the movie. Originally, he absorbed all of the radiation from the power plant in France and went immediately into the ocean. He was tracked via submarine way out into the ice where they discovered his husk floating in the depths. Godzilla had shed his entire skin, and then we see the evolved version of him rise up from the waters.
[close]

Spoiler
That explains this toy with the skin that peels off, then.

[close]

DarthJoker45

DarthJoker45

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: El Diablo on Apr 03, 2024, 08:35:31 PMI finally got around to seeing GxK this week. It's very silly but I enjoyed it. My wife and I left the theater kind of giddy, like a couple of kids high on way too much sugar. Now I had seen a rough cut of the movie last year on the Warner Bros. lot and noticed a few big changes in the final theatrical version.

Spoiler
There was a bit more emphasis at the very beginning on Monarch trying to assuage the fears of various governments regarding Godzilla. There's a lack of trust in Monarch's ability to keep the public safe due to the collateral damage from Godzilla's various battles. Rebecca Hall's character does mention that the big guy is protecting the world from rogue titans and preventing further destruction, which is a line kept in the final film.

Mothra was never originally in the film. There was another Titan known as Fosfera that was introduced at the end. It was a white winged dragon with slightly insectoid features but it basically plays out exactly as it does in the final film. I much prefer Mothra if I'm being honest. I also noticed that every time Mothra is mentioned in the movie the dialogue is said offscreen. Clever editing done to substitute the creatures.
[close]

Overall, I had such a blast with this movie. I hope they continue with the Monsterverse going forward.

That is how good Gojira should make you feel, giddy. :)
Now I want to see it!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 04, 2024, 03:03:59 PM
Quote from: El Diablo on Apr 03, 2024, 08:35:31 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
That explains this toy with the skin that peels off, then.

[close]
Spoiler
Good luck ever getting that skin back on properly, kids!
[close]

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Well after one week the movie crossed 350 million around the world and is on pace to finish with over 600 million world wide.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Cougerboy on Apr 03, 2024, 01:51:18 AMDon't think anyone here said it was the highest caliber film-making. That doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable or a good movie though...

You're still missing my point. Something can be trash but lots of fun. That doesn't make it Good.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 10, 2024, 08:20:53 PM
Quote from: Cougerboy on Apr 03, 2024, 01:51:18 AMDon't think anyone here said it was the highest caliber film-making. That doesn't mean it wasn't enjoyable or a good movie though...

You're still missing my point. Something can be trash but lots of fun. That doesn't make it Good.

No, I think its good fun...just not the highest caliber.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Jesus it's like talking to a wall.

Master Chief

Master Chief

I love the part when
Spoiler
Godzilla leans his face near Mothra, looks like he's smiling, and she lets him know (love her chirps) that Kong is not the enemy and they need to work together to face Skar King.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

Really enjoyed the show, glad we're getting a second season.

Cougerboy

Cougerboy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Apr 11, 2024, 08:37:45 AMJesus it's like talking to a wall.

No, we just don't see eye-to-eye on this particular point. You are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine.

Disagreement happens, you need to learn and accept it.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: Master Chief on Apr 11, 2024, 02:18:02 PMI love the part when
Spoiler
Godzilla leans his face near Mothra, looks like he's smiling, and she lets him know (love her chirps) that Kong is not the enemy and they need to work together to face Skar King.
[close]

Spoiler
Gojira's girl friend. :)
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed