Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 867,000 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

No Country For Old Men

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

War for the Planet of the Apes

Best of the trilogy, IMO. Such a fantastic way to end it.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

The Northman

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Escape from New York

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Dune (2021)

So ready for Part Two on Thursday.

Prez

Prez

Fear Street Part 1 - 1994
Great soundtrack but holy shit, ease up on ramming 2-3 songs in a row over a 1-minute segment.
Annoying two main protagonists - the wrong font used on the Amiga 2000 scene early on pissed me off and made me hate the two main characters more  ;D

However, the supporting cast and slasher set pieces were fun.
5/10

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Prez on Feb 26, 2024, 03:11:21 AMFear Street Part 1 - 1994
Great soundtrack but holy shit, ease up on ramming 2-3 songs in a row over a 1-minute segment.
Annoying two main protagonists - the wrong font used on the Amiga 2000 scene early on pissed me off and made me hate the two main characters more  ;D

5/10
Part 2 is the best but it's a low bar to clear.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, I remember liking Part 2 more but I still didn't bother with the third.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on Feb 26, 2024, 03:13:11 AM
Quote from: Prez on Feb 26, 2024, 03:11:21 AMFear Street Part 1 - 1994

5/10
Part 2 is the best but it's a low bar to clear.

Noted. Gonna give it a whirl tonight. The trailer reminded me a lot of Friday the 13th (Camp Crystal, etc).

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 26, 2024, 03:30:34 AMYeah, I remember liking Part 2 more but I still didn't bother with the third.

Ok I think knowing if I like the second one more I'll be interested in completing the circle.

Also what's with all the Stranger Things cast popping up.

SiL

SiL

It is worth watching all three of you do the first two, as it's neat how the story is told over the three films.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: SM on Feb 23, 2024, 08:00:51 AMWhat's different about a 35mm scan?

I've never had the chance to see any of the original Alien or Predator movies in theaters, especially during their initial releases. Experiencing the original theatrical atmosphere from that time has always been a dream of mine. This opportunity, along with the audio, feels like the closest I'll come to that experience. Now, all I need is a projector.

I briefly noticed two very minor differences i noticed while watching: the absence of the targeting laser and the text at the bottom of the Predator's point of view.  Nothing mega I know.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

I think I noticed some updated special effects in Predator 2 the other day specifically when the Predator ship takes off at the end, I recall seeing like a grid of light behind Harrigan as it flys away in the Blu-ray version, but in the 4K Blu-ray it is more blown out and actually looks like a spaceship flying away.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Feb 26, 2024, 03:32:05 PMI think I noticed some updated special effects in Predator 2 the other day specifically when the Predator ship takes off at the end, I recall seeing like a grid of light behind Harrigan as it flys away in the Blu-ray version, but in the 4K Blu-ray it is more blown out and actually looks like a spaceship flying away.

I need to give that a look sometime. I haven't seen Predator 2 on Blu-ray or 4K yet. I still watch both Predator films on DVD.   

Stitch

Stitch

Jurassic Park
Still my joint favourite film. Looks amazing on 4k.

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Feb 22, 2024, 10:14:18 PMManaged to get hold of a scan of an original 1987 35mm cinema print of Predator on a Blu-ray disc.  I love watching these 35mm scans.  Can't wait to get hold of the Alien one.  Awesome  8)

I also have a 35mm of Predator on Blu-ray. Don't know if we got it from the same person, but now that you mentioned it, I might stick it on...

Shinawi

Shinawi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed