Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 867,181 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've been rewatching Netflix's Lost in Space to finish off Season 3. I barely remembered Season 2 at all, but I'd really enjoyed Season 1 and ended up enjoying Season 2 on the rewatch. But it put me in the mood to rewatch the 90s Lost in Space. I remembered seeing it in the cinema, and I remember the Stargate music in the trailer.

There's some fun to be had in it. I really do love Gary Oldman as Dr Smith. You can tell he was having a great time on this film. And Jared Harris as the older Will Robinson was a surprise to me. I was kinda expecting Bill Mumy (turns out he wanted that role, but the studio didn't want it) but I was really pleased to see him in this. Also love Joey's space armor - that was very Stargate.

But ho boy, those effects. They did not age well at all. It looks terrible! lol

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 17, 2023, 09:22:17 AMI've been rewatching Netflix's Lost in Space to finish off Season 3. I barely remembered Season 2 at all, but I'd really enjoyed Season 1 and ended up enjoying Season 2 on the rewatch. But it put me in the mood to rewatch the 90s Lost in Space. I remembered seeing it in the cinema, and I remember the Stargate music in the trailer.

There's some fun to be had in it. I really do love Gary Oldman as Dr Smith. You can tell he was having a great time on this film. And Jared Harris as the older Will Robinson was a surprise to me. I was kinda expecting Bill Mumy (turns out he wanted that role, but the studio didn't want it) but I was really pleased to see him in this. Also love Joey's space armor - that was very Stargate.

I enjoyed the Netflix show quite a bit, and even though it was only 3 seasons it was a decent and contained story. Anyway, I am of the idea that a proper remake should keep that 50s American family vibe and aesthetics of the original show, ala WandaVision😅👉👈

The last time I saw the movie was 100 years ago. The CGI must be worse than the Phantom Menace🤭

Speaking of Stargate, hopefully someone does something...soon! :o

But in all seriousness, I've been craving Stargate for the past few days. Time to revisit the movie and SG1 8) 👉👈

Edit - I still liked Atlantis anyway. ;D

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 17, 2023, 09:22:17 AMI've been rewatching Netflix's Lost in Space to finish off Season 3. I barely remembered Season 2 at all, but I'd really enjoyed Season 1 and ended up enjoying Season 2 on the rewatch. But it put me in the mood to rewatch the 90s Lost in Space. I remembered seeing it in the cinema, and I remember the Stargate music in the trailer.

mini-rant just cause I love this movie:

It's most likely nostalgia bias, but I've always loved the 90's Lost in Space film! I have a lot of fond memories of watching it as a kid, as well as having some cool toys from the film. Including a toy of the Jupiter 2 (honestly one of my favorite ship designs) and a pretty badass toy of the gun that Joey uses to fight the spiders, that starts as a pistol but turns into a rifle with attachable parts.

There's a lot of fun aspects of the film that I really enjoy. Especially the sequence with all the spiders (I've always been partial to giant spiders in movies for some reason). The stuff with Smith and the time dilation bubble was pretty interesting too. A lot of the cg effects look really dated undeniably, but a lot of the practical effects and production design I still find really cool.

Granted I haven't seen it in a few years, but I remember it very fondly.
Definitely not a perfect movie by any means, but I've always found it cool and fun, and I don't think it quite deserves the flack it gets sometimes.

That remix of the theme song that plays in the credits goes pretty hard too lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Project A

Bruh this was the shit. A serious contender for my favorite Jackie Chan movie.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The Menu~ 2022

Moral of the story...no matter how snob you are, tasting experimentation will never be at the level of a dish that evokes sensations taken directly from our experiences, our memories. And while this is something that even Ratatouille's Anton Ego ended up understanding, most of the characters in this film live in a bubble that has them stunned. And they clearly deserve to pay for it! >:( 👉👈

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Drunken Master II

I thought I was getting the Legend of Drunken Master release, but interestingly enough, Prime instead has the original cut to rent with a different dub over it. And having now seen the original ending, yikes. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with the Weinsteins on that particular cut. :laugh: And it's not helped by the fact the audio of the ending was missing, which is apparently a problem with the new remaster as whole.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I really like a lot of Hong Kong cinema, but it can be so tiring trying to find the right version of every film :(

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

They

Halloween (2018)

Earth Alien

The Campaign

Dead Fire

Shark Attack

Tormented

Spiders

Superbad

Swamp Shark

Appaloosa

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow

Evil Things

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Shape of Water

Beautiful film.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Lost Highway

A bit confusing (even for Lynch) but an amazing film.
I become a bigger Lynch fanboy with each film of his that I watch.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cosmic Incubation on Jan 19, 2023, 03:49:28 PMhttps://hween.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/tumblr_mopssobahw1qzheh0o1_500.gif?w=500&h=211
Lost Highway

A bit confusing (even for Lynch) but an amazing film.
I become a bigger Lynch fanboy with each film of his that I watch.

We've met before haven't we?

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

M3gan
While not scary. Its a damn fun horror film.

DOA: Dead or Alive
Lol cheesy as hell video game movie

Prez

Prez

The Menu - Tasty. Quirky. Great cast.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Frodo experimenting with being a creepy f**ker before going full tilt in Sin City.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Project A 2

Not bad, but very much a step down from the first.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed