New photos from set (warning, spoilers!)

Started by Machionic, Jan 16, 2010, 05:13:34 AM

Author
New photos from set (warning, spoilers!) (Read 306,625 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

this is my concept art of how i thought BSP should have looked...

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Doomofman on Jan 18, 2010, 12:22:22 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 18, 2010, 12:18:49 AM
Quote from: dallevalle on Jan 17, 2010, 11:55:35 PM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 17, 2010, 11:54:38 PM
It would be constructive criticism if there was any construction going on. Nobody working on the movie is here (I think) so it's just premature criticism.

And why is nobody talking about how good the faces are?

::) (set pics set pics)
Set pics taken from a cameraphone in terrible lighting. That's not a benchmark. And it certainly isn't constructive.

I'll constructive your benchmark...

So much god damn arguing on here... Not a whole load of logic either... Ah the internet...

This is just normal banter that happens when a new movie comes out. Same thing happened when AvP R was being made.

Just part of the life of a messageboard I guess. I find a lot of it funny.

On topic Question:

Does anyone else think those are skinning's they're using as armor? It looks like flesh.

pmaz11

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 18, 2010, 12:33:58 AM

This is just normal banter that happens when a new comes out. Same thing happened when AvP R was being made.

Just part of the life of a messageboard I guess. I find a lot of it funny.

^ exactly.

Skinner

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 18, 2010, 12:32:43 AM
this is my concept art of how i thought BSP should have looked...

I really like that design. It looks different without being ridiculous.

EarthHive

EarthHive

Several things:

1) Overall, I am getting a better feeling about this film.

2) The Super Predators look better than I expected (they look like normal Predators...which is good.).  I am not a big fan of the masks though, but I am not really complaining. 

3)  Is Walt Groggins (Stans) trying to be seen in every pic?

4) The logo looks awesome and so does the set.

Really I think this may turn out better than I expected.

Haggar

Haggar

Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:47:06 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Jan 17, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
Not a big diff..just abt 3 inches!!
Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2" without the suit. Whyte was one inch shorter.

Add the height the suit gives in the head and feet and you're tiptoing closer to seven and a half feet tall.

6'10" is way, way off.

Well said, they're going to be at least 8 inches shorter, a big difference.

SamHain

SamHain

Quote from: Haggar on Jan 18, 2010, 01:21:01 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 17, 2010, 09:47:06 PM
Quote from: Rahul on Jan 17, 2010, 07:49:42 PM
Not a big diff..just abt 3 inches!!
Kevin Peter Hall was 7'2" without the suit. Whyte was one inch shorter.

Add the height the suit gives in the head and feet and you're tiptoing closer to seven and a half feet tall.

6'10" is way, way off.

Well said, they're going to be at least 8 inches shorter, a big difference.

Maybe you can pretend that they are kids/teens preds.
That would explain why they are smaller and why those 3 preds had so much trouble to kill just a few humans even with those dogs/falcons helping , maybe they are training,  starting to hunt using several advantages( its their planet, they have those alien creatures to help them)  so that after some time they can hunt humans in earth on their own like the preds in Predator 1 and 2.

Keith

From an "industry insider": http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=754023

"It has come to my attention that over the course of the last 36 hours some images have leaked from our set...

UltimateBadass

Quote from: Keith on Jan 18, 2010, 02:34:24 AM
From an "industry insider": http://www.rottentomatoes.com/vine/showthread.php?t=754023

"It has come to my attention that over the course of the last 36 hours some images have leaked from our set...

:o RUN everybody run!

Skinner

Quote from: Keith on Jan 18, 2010, 02:34:24 AM

Hey, it says they're over seven feet tall.

Hybrid PM

This guy is right on the money man. People around here are way too quick to judge.

dallevalle

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 18, 2010, 02:50:01 AM
This guy is right on the money man. People around here are way too quick to judge.

so true but thats what you get from people hidding behind the screen ^^

echobbase79

Good. I'm glad this has been put to rest.  :)

dallevalle

dallevalle

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 18, 2010, 02:54:27 AM

Good. I'm glad this has been put to rest.  :)

ya it was good they came and  told us about it all but just wait when people tomorrow gets on, then its gonna be like this... ( they cant talk to us like that we got our own opinion UH UH UH) xD wait and see there will be bitching like always.

Nemmesyz

Nemmesyz

he is right, it's too soon to bitch about, without official pics, etc.
We dont even know if the costumes were finished...with all the props

QuoteI can not and will not go into great detail but I will say that fans of the design done by Stan Winston so many years ago have a lot to look forward to. There is going to be as little cgi as possible because nearly every single aspect of ths production is a back to basics approach. Nimrod is laying everything he has as a filmmaker on the line to ensure that he delivers something not only faithful to the original but something that also strives to surpass it while still staying true to the spirit of what made Predator so effective and special in the first place.

nice  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed