All Ridley Scott

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 13, 2020, 10:57:35 PM

Author
All Ridley Scott (Read 26,152 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

:laugh: Ridley defintely bitting off more than he can chew these days...

What happened to "Bomb", The Bee Gees and the Western? I wouldn't be creating any threads for this one yet. That said, Ridley should definitely direct a Riddick movie.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Financial thriller sounds good but I want my f**king Western ... pretty please ;D

David Twohy wrote G.I. Jane.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on May 06, 2024, 09:12:23 PMFinancial thriller sounds good but I want my f**king Western ... pretty please ;D

David Twohy wrote G.I. Jane.

Wasn't Scott attached to direct The Wolf of Wall street at one point?

Ingwar

Ingwar

Apparently yes.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Ingwar on May 06, 2024, 09:12:23 PMFinancial thriller sounds good but I want my f**king Western ... pretty please ;D

He's got almost 6 months before the Gladiator II F.uck You Tour. He could probably do a smaller film in that time. Most likely Bee Gees but the Western might also be a strong candidate since that is already scripted, storyboarded and location scouted.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I remember him sandwiching The Martian between Exodus and Covenant.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 07, 2024, 05:35:28 PMI remember him sandwiching The Martian between Exodus and Covenant.
Ironically The Martian results to be the best of the 3

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I like The Martian, but I think Alien: Covenant is better. Haven't seen Exodus.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2024, 06:17:29 PMI like The Martian, but I think Alien: Covenant is better. Haven't seen Exodus.
Yes, me too bit I was talking of the people in general

Kradan

Kradan

It's funny - I'm used to thinking that Ridley directed only 4 sci fi movies - Alien, BR, Prometheus and Covenant and completely forget about The Martian

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 07:27:07 PMI wonder how Ridley feels about his masterpiece topping box office again in 2024?

I have a feeling he's pretty upset that many people know him as "the guy who directed Alien"

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2024, 07:46:25 PMIt's funny - I'm used to thinking that Ridley directed only 4 sci fi movies - Alien, BR, Prometheus and Covenant and completely forget about The Martian

Quote from: E. Shaw on May 03, 2024, 07:27:07 PMI wonder how Ridley feels about his masterpiece topping box office again in 2024?

I have a feeling he's pretty upset that many people know him as "the guy who directed Alien"
I also forget about The Martian all the time 😂

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kradan on May 07, 2024, 07:46:25 PMIt's funny - I'm used to thinking that Ridley directed only 4 sci fi movies - Alien, BR, Prometheus and Covenant and completely forget about The Martian

I get that tbh. I really like The Martian, but when I think Ridley Scott sci-fi, I also think more along those four films (plus Raised By Wolves, and even a lot of his commercial work like the 1984 riff for Apple or The Seven Worlds) and their very Metal Hurlant/MÅ“bius-esque influence; those movies are pulp comics treated with utter reverence in their execution on screen.

The Martian is a whole different animal, playing on heightened, but still semi-plausible, NASA tech and ideas that's much more grounded in our current reality. It's drawing from a whole different pool, more comparable to something like For All Mankind or Ad Astra than Ridley's other sci-fi.

MudButt

MudButt

I love The Martian. It was a return to form for me after Ridley's prior two films The Counselor and Exodus (though I've warmed up to the Counselor since).

I really am a big fan of Ridley Scott. This guy puts out a huge movie every 12-18 months and I think he's honestly had a good run since The Martian.

I'm beyond excited for Gladiator II and can't wait to see what he does with the Bee Gees movie.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 07, 2024, 06:17:29 PMI like The Martian, but I think Alien: Covenant is better. Haven't seen Exodus.

No way, The Martian is the best Scott's film since American Gangster :)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Martian rocks, I genuinely really like it, but I'd at the very least put The Last Duel and Alien: Covenant above it, as far as modern Scott goes.

I might get called a heathen for this one, but I'd put House of Gucci up there, too. Movie's a blast, with some incredible camp appeal.

Napoleon operates on a similar wavelength as HoG in a way that really appealed to me, and I think turned a lot of others off. I just wish Napoleon was getting its extended cut, because it needs a bit more time to breathe...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed