ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 399,482 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 20, 2015, 07:46:36 AMHopefully I'll get to start reading tonight - still got to pack everything away. And once I've read it and previewed it, should also be doing a podcast with Locusta towards the end of the month.

Nice, looking forward to all of that.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SM on Jul 19, 2015, 10:22:56 PM
I know as much about the Blomkamp film as anyone else.

Good to hear that SM! Guess you can't talk much about it?

Good luck with the production!  :D

SM

HuDaFuK

Certainly some wonderful artistry on display.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what the actual US release date for this was? It kinda slipped out without me noticing.

Wait... phrasing.

Serious question though.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To see 120 hours of word reduced to 4 minutes is really fascinating. And to think that's per picture too.

It was sometime in June.

HuDaFuK

skull-splitter

Still no word on a "regular" release, eh?

Corporal Hicks

Last I was told there wouldn't be one.

Xenomorphine

No regular now? Sad panda...

"Supplied by Gearbox" must mean it's precisely the same model used in the 'Colonial Marines' game (potential errors and all). Wonder how many other assets that extends to.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 21, 2015, 07:48:51 AM
To see 120 hours of word reduced to 4 minutes is really fascinating. And to think that's per picture too.

Must have been a tricky job because in the film the interior is actually much larger than the exterior. The full size vehicle was based on an old British Airways passenger plane towing tractor but the interior was a completely separate set.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I have to wonder what level of research goes into fixing issues like that. Obviously we saw no research taking place so in actuality it has to be more work than we see. I don't think John is on here - I'll see if I can get him across.

USG Ishimura

Lots of research. I won't say too much until John is on here - I've sent him an email - but I believe the Gearbox model was only used to spin around and choose the exterior view / perspective.
- Graham

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 21, 2015, 01:17:45 PMI'll see if I can get him across.

Would be great if you could, be nice to hear more from the guys behind this.

Engineer

Wow! That video made me dizzy! Great artwork though!

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 21, 2015, 10:14:24 AM
Last I was told there wouldn't be one.
Are you shitting me?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed