Xenomorph Origin

Started by Commander Griker, Jan 10, 2009, 11:45:00 AM

Author
Xenomorph Origin (Read 22,785 times)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

meh, i don't like the idea of something worse than an alien. just take some of the fear factor, like saying to yourself: "well it could be worse".

your argument is valid, though.

SM

SM

Just cos there may have once been something that was higher up on the food chain than an Alien, doesn't mean there is anymore.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

You have to consider that of all the potential life on Acheron, only the Alien survived.

I think most people don't like the evolution idea because a dead planet somehow equates to no aliens.

When, if you consider the AvP movies as canon, all three other intelligent species they've come across have or have been in the act of transporting them before they got munchfaced.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Undeadite on Jan 13, 2009, 01:47:12 AM
Depending on the ecosystem of the Alien homeworld, the theory of the xenomorph as an evolved species is very plausible. The acid could be a deterrent for being eaten by larger predators (frogs exhibit the same over run us when not kept in check and who knows what other alien life form or environmental hazard could exist to act as a xeno-exterminator.property from their pores).

To quote Parker "its got a wonderful defense mechanism...you don't dare kill it"

Quote from: Undeadite on Jan 13, 2009, 01:47:12 AM
The fact they require hosts could be a defense mechanism for egg stealing predators, and what better way to take care of competition than to kill off the enemy before and during 'life'.

Excellent theory...I'd never thought of egg predation as an opportunity to acquire a host.

The whole point of these arguments is that they "evolved/adapted" to their environment. Either you evolve or adapt...or die off.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2009, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 10, 2009, 07:56:14 PM
They were created by an angry malevolent goddess, to spread her rage, destruction and erotic sadism across the Universe.

;D

So wait, Aliens are worshippers of Slaanesh? :P

Well, I never thought of that, but there are some interesting correlation's.

Off hand, my earlier comment just came to me, off the top of my head, and I though it would be a funny post, since every other theory on alien origin is scientific.

Lets just entertain the idea, that a goddess very much like Slaanesh, analogous to her in most ways, exists in the Alien universe, and her avatar is the Genetrix.

Say they ruler bitch, Queen of Queens, mother of them all (I like the term Genetrix), is in fact an avatar of slaanesh or a being very similar to her/it. I only just heard of her, but from the wiki link, some interesting stuff comes up.

Both Adult aliens, and Queens, are partially designed in her visage. 

Now lets examine the nature of Slaanesh. She is really a Hermaphrodite, or Asexual, and the Alien Queens are born fertile. Coincidence?

Slaanesh is not only a goddess of destruction, but also of the erotic. The Aliens literally rape their hosts to reproduce. Coincidence?

The normal adults have a phallus like head, perfectly in line with the sexual aspect of Slaanesh. Coincidence?

The Queens all have 6 limbs. 2 legs, 2 primary arms, and two smaller secondary arms. Slaanesh usually takes the form of 6 limbed beings. Coincidence?

If you take a look at the sculpture of Slaanesh from that link, she had a tri-pronged head, not too unlike the Alien Queen. Coincidence?

Tell you what, I always read theories on the alien creation in scientific terms. Here is one from a more religious point of view. Why not, even our reality has both a scientific and religious history.

Not only that, but in A2, when Ripley found the Alien Queen, I think now, looking back at it, that I distinctly heard the Queen utter the name "Slaanesh" in the egg chamber scene. Could she have been praying?

Made this around a year or two ago, as a design for a Genetrix, or uber Queen.

I did not get around to putting primary arms on her, just a place holder for it. It is drawn so the carapace can be seen.

There are incorporated aspects of the Dark Horse Queen mother (face tendrils), the original Alien, and Queen designs.

Perhaps she is an avatar for this Slaanesh, or the being that is like her.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Slaanesh may be a bad example... considering it is as fictitious as the Alien, but the thought of the Alien as a real demon is interesting.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Lots of people like that idea.  The FEAR maps for AvP2 made by Psykore all use that type of theme.  And it works.  Probably the best collection of sp maps that have been custom made.  (some others are close: Isle of the Dead, and UHM)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Just to be clear, I WAS joking with the Slaanesh comment. :P

Undeadite

Undeadite

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 13, 2009, 04:34:53 PM

Lol, we know :P

And back to the discussion about the xenos being the only life form on the planet of Archeron, we cant prove that, nor can we prove that Archeron was their home world.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 13, 2009, 04:34:53 PM

Like I said, I was just entertaining the idea.

The funny thing is it fits rather well.

My first post on the subject was more an offhand joke as well. I just like the sound of it.

[/quote]
Quote from: Undeadite on Jan 13, 2009, 05:15:42 PM

Lol, we know :P

And back to the discussion about the xenos being the only life form on the planet of Archeron, we cant prove that, nor can we prove that Archeron was their home world.

Archeron itself is not a canon concept either, not that I am aware of anyway. If LV-426 and Archeron are one and the same as this wiki: http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Archeron suggests, then I agree with you, we have no proof the aliens are from there.

Quote from: Undeadite on Jan 13, 2009, 04:31:18 AM
Slaanesh may be a bad example... considering it is as fictitious as the Alien, but the thought of the Alien as a real demon is interesting.

I meant something like Slaanesh. Not exactly her, but something very similar. To describe somethig similar, had to use her as an example.

Honestly I think they evolved or were created by more scientific means, but the idea of a supreme evil goddess making them to spread her brand of cruelty is just kind of cool to contemplate.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yes, Archeron is an expanded universe title but still a name for LV-426. I believe it first arose in the Aliens novelization (and possibly the script, I don't know).

And who is to say the fabled High Queen Alien herself isnt said "goddess"? Godlike doesnt necessarily mean divine, it also means revered, and I think her and her brood fit the bill quite nicely at times.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 13, 2009, 03:45:08 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 10, 2009, 10:23:25 PM
Quote from: Meathead320 on Jan 10, 2009, 07:56:14 PM
They were created by an angry malevolent goddess, to spread her rage, destruction and erotic sadism across the Universe.

;D

So wait, Aliens are worshippers of Slaanesh? :P

Well, I never thought of that, but there are some interesting correlation's.

Off hand, my earlier comment just came to me, off the top of my head, and I though it would be a funny post, since every other theory on alien origin is scientific.

Lets just entertain the idea, that a goddess very much like Slaanesh, analogous to her in most ways, exists in the Alien universe, and her avatar is the Genetrix.

Say they ruler bitch, Queen of Queens, mother of them all (I like the term Genetrix), is in fact an avatar of slaanesh or a being very similar to her/it. I only just heard of her, but from the wiki link, some interesting stuff comes up.

Both Adult aliens, and Queens, are partially designed in her visage. 

Now lets examine the nature of Slaanesh. She is really a Hermaphrodite, or Asexual, and the Alien Queens are born fertile. Coincidence?

Slaanesh is not only a goddess of destruction, but also of the erotic. The Aliens literally rape their hosts to reproduce. Coincidence?

The normal adults have a phallus like head, perfectly in line with the sexual aspect of Slaanesh. Coincidence?

The Queens all have 6 limbs. 2 legs, 2 primary arms, and two smaller secondary arms. Slaanesh usually takes the form of 6 limbed beings. Coincidence?

If you take a look at the sculpture of Slaanesh from that link, she had a tri-pronged head, not too unlike the Alien Queen. Coincidence?

Tell you what, I always read theories on the alien creation in scientific terms. Here is one from a more religious point of view. Why not, even our reality has both a scientific and religious history.

Not only that, but in A2, when Ripley found the Alien Queen, I think now, looking back at it, that I distinctly heard the Queen utter the name "Slaanesh" in the egg chamber scene. Could she have been praying?

Made this around a year or two ago, as a design for a Genetrix, or uber Queen.

I did not get around to putting primary arms on her, just a place holder for it. It is drawn so the carapace can be seen.

There are incorporated aspects of the Dark Horse Queen mother (face tendrils), the original Alien, and Queen designs.

Perhaps she is an avatar for this Slaanesh, or the being that is like her.

this image comes to my mind:

Vanski

Vanski

That's a great looking one  :).

Meathead320

Meathead320

Its nice, a good drawing, not my taste however. I still like it better than the Dark Horse comics hack design however.

I prefer she look more like part of the alien species, naturally I drew her more to my own liking.

Anyhow, I envision her as having a combination of regular Adult and Queen traits. This way both caste of Aliens, Adult and Queen are made in her image.

The name Genetrix was actually used in Genocide. I think it just sounds better than Hi Queen or Queen mother. Genetrix is more its own title, and is unique.

This is all EU we are talking now, and yes she is not technically divine, by would be that way to the Aliens.

I did not like what they portrayed her as, or how small she was in the comics, but I liked the concept, so taking it a step forward, in making her more like a supreme Alien Goddess is to my taste.

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Quote from: Vanski on Jan 13, 2009, 08:22:23 PM
That's a great looking one  :).

yeah, is nice concept. my only problem is with the legs. too fleshy for an alien. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed