Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,738 times)

Huggs

Huggs

The Tingler

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2021, 09:33:08 AM
Have you ever seen the movie Maverick? Stars Mel Gibson, directed by Richard Donner, and Danny Glover has a cameo as a bank robber in which he and Gibson recognise each other and you a little bit of the Lethal Weapon music in the background.

Haven't, will check it out if I have the chance. Thanks for the info!

Have you seen the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode featuring Lethal Weapon 5? It involves a hilarious blackface debate.
And there's another one "The Gang Does Lethal Weapon 6".

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2021, 01:06:33 PM
The original is definitely the "best", but like you 2 is my "favourite". My mates and I used to endlessly quote the Afrikaner baddies at sixth form. "Of caaws she deedn't die strait awaye... Took a beet of tiyme."

I might rate 4 above 3 though, just for Jet Li's amazing performance. "In Hong Kong... you would be dead." One of the better cases of an Asian martial artist being shoe-horned into an American movie imo. He does some mad shit in it. I think I'm right in saying that was the one when they had to keep asking him to slow down in the fight scenes because his moves were too fast for the camera to catch.

For me it's 1, 4, 3, 2.

Can't put my finger on it but there's something about 2 I don't like.

Jet Li's certainly a beast in 4.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 29, 2021, 09:33:08 AM
No matter how routine those movies got, Gibson and Glover's very obvious, very real chemistry always elevated them above their peers.

Imagine them doing something like Grumpy Old Man. Or The Burbs, so they can add Pesci and Rock.

Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, Joe Pesci and Chris Rock live a nice quiet life in the suburbs.
That all changes when a new couple moves into the neighbourhood, a gay couple. Played by Gary Busey and Jet Li.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy (1932)

"Don't you think I've had enough excitement for one evening, without the additional thrill of a strange man making love to me?" :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 29, 2021, 09:09:11 PMHaven't, will check it out if I have the chance. Thanks for the info!

It's literally just a 30-second thing in the middle of the film, but the rest of the movie is solid too.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Mar 29, 2021, 09:09:11 PMHave you seen the It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia episode featuring Lethal Weapon 5? It involves a hilarious blackface debate.

I have, but not that episode. I've got a mate who's obsessed with that show and keeps trying to get me into it, but the few times I've tried it's not really grabbed me. It's not bad, I just don't feel compelled to watch more of it.

Supposedly they're genuinely working on a Lethal Weapon 5. I can't lie, I don't want it. They already dodged the franchise revival bullet once with 4, which was a lot better than I expected and had a really satisfying ending. Given the general track record of old series revivals these days, I'd rather they just leave it alone.

I've always thought of Lethal Weapon as the one classic action franchise they've never shat on with a crap entry, and I'd like to keep it that way.*

(*We don't mention the TV series. Eugh.)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Maximum Overdrive (1986)
Still holds up.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 30, 2021, 09:12:46 AM
I have, but not that episode. I've got a mate who's obsessed with that show and keeps trying to get me into it, but the few times I've tried it's not really grabbed me. It's not bad, I just don't feel compelled to watch more of it.

Supposedly they're genuinely working on a Lethal Weapon 5. I can't lie, I don't want it. They already dodged the franchise revival bullet once with 4, which was a lot better than I expected and had a really satisfying ending. Given the general track record of old series revivals these days, I'd rather they just leave it alone.

I've always thought of Lethal Weapon as the one classic action franchise they've never shat on with a crap entry, and I'd like to keep it that way.*

(*We don't mention the TV series. Eugh.)

Your mate sounds a bit like me  :D Ask him about the episode. Season 6, episode 9 "Dee Reynolds: Shaping America's Youth".
You don't have to have seen the previous episodes to follow. And it's done quite right because the actors seem like genuine fans.

I heard the rumours about Lethal Weapon 5 too but I don't want it either.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Bad Trip....

....wtf did I just watch!?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hell! I don't even remember the name of the last movie I watched, which was months ago. Maybe I'll watch one tonight.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

A Cure for Wellness
This was a good film. The sense of unease building throughout was great, it just went on 20/30 Minutes too long

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 30, 2021, 11:27:15 PM
A Cure for Wellness
This was a good film. The sense of unease building throughout was great, it just went on 20/30 Minutes too long

The only movie in recent memory that actually managed to gross me out a couple times.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Death Wish (2018)

Decent enough vigilante revenge movie, but overall not all that special. At least Willis seems to slightly give a shit here, that's a rare occurrence these days. And to be frank, it's not even the worst Death Wish movie. Joe Carnahan's original draft was much better, though.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

"No.... Jack is."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 31, 2021, 04:09:10 AM
"No.... Jack is."

That and Willis teaching himself how to shoot with an internet video got the biggest laughs from me.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2021, 02:54:37 AMDeath Wish (2018)

To be frank, it's not even the worst Death Wish movie.

But is it as good as Death Wish 3?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 31, 2021, 08:08:17 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2021, 02:54:37 AMDeath Wish (2018)

To be frank, it's not even the worst Death Wish movie.

But is it as good as Death Wish 3?

No. Willis never destroys an entire block. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It was a trick question. Nothing is as good as Death Wish 3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed