Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 848,100 times)

Russ

Russ

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2018, 11:54:31 AM
I thought that film was so forgettable I honestly struggle to remember anything about it.

Give it another whirl. Look, its not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but I really liked the way it was shot. High concept with (I'm guessing) a decent budget largely shot hand-held. It was definitely style over substance (the marines were all archetypes like "inexperienced lieutenant" and "tough Hispanic chica" and "dude who's getting married" and so on) but as disposable fun its worth a look.

Aaron Eckhart does look faintly embarrassed in the special features, though.

It's like this, BattleShip and Independence Day are an infantry / naval / airborne trilogy  :D :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm pretty sure I've seen it twice lol.

I remember quite enjoying the build-up at the start, but then once the actual combat started I found it pretty generic and predictable.

In the Mouth of Madness

Perhaps not as good as it could have been, but honestly one of my favourite film endings of all time. John Carpenter randomly going all heavy metal for the theme song is pretty amazing too.

"Do you read Sutter Cane?"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2018, 08:15:42 PM

I remember quite enjoying the build-up at the start, but then once the actual combat started I found it pretty generic and predictable.

In the Mouth of Madness

Perhaps not as good as it could have been, but honestly one of my favourite film endings of all time. John Carpenter randomly going all heavy metal for the theme song is pretty amazing too.

"By the way- your books SUCK!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I had a feeling you'd know it ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 04, 2018, 08:23:37 PM
I had a feeling you'd know it ;)

I have seen every Carpenter film bar The Ward and his Masters of Horror episodes... :laugh:

Russ

Russ

Different strokes *lol* It was entirely predictable and the characters were, as I say, really generic. The director and producer seemed really caught up in "make it a documentary" - which I really liked. I mean, I wouldn't want ALL popcorn movies to be like that, but this was an interesting angle to take for me.

Currently going through the 1999 commentary to Alien (and will roll on to the 2003 - it'll be interesting to compare).

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Oct 05, 2018, 07:54:52 AMDifferent strokes *lol*

Of course! I mostly just remember feeling like it could/should have been so much better.

Quote from: Russ on Oct 05, 2018, 07:54:52 AMCurrently going through the 1999 commentary to Alien (and will roll on to the 2003 - it'll be interesting to compare).

I've always kinda wanted to do that. Unfortunately I often find myself getting a bit bored during commentaries. I've only ever done a few and the only Alien one I've ever listened too is the one for Aliens.

Russ

Russ

I'm such a nerd, I'll be swayed into buying a more expensive disc for the features (sad, I know). But commentaries are of varying quality for sure. THe worst one I ever heard was on Conan the Barbarian - it was by Millius and Arnold and it was painful as all Arnold said every five seconds was "He was fanDastic"... "that was fanDastic"... and that was it *lol*

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ on Oct 05, 2018, 08:54:48 AMI'm such a nerd, I'll be swayed into buying a more expensive disc for the features (sad, I know).

Lol, I can completely understand that - to be honest, the only reason I bought Prometheus and Alien: Covenant at all was for the documentaries and bonus short films on the Blu-rays. Otherwise I'm not sure I would've bothered.

I also went and got the old Alien Legacy DVD set earlier this year solely because it has an alternate audio track for Alien that isn't found in the Anthology... which I've still not actually listened to :laugh:

Russ

Russ

You should come over to mine, we'll get pissed, order pizza and listen to goldsmith and then argue over the merits of AlienKamp

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Only if we get to watch those cheeky fokken prawns in District 9.

Russ

Russ

I'll bring the buri. You bring the braii.  :D :D

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

In the Mouth of Madness

One of my all time favorite movies. I watch it each year.
And yes, that ending is one of the best endings ever.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 04, 2018, 08:32:14 PM
I have seen every Carpenter film bar The Ward and his Masters of Horror episodes... :laugh:

The Masters Of Horror episode: Cigarette Burns is pretty good. I recommend it.

Hail, John Carpenter! Hail, The Master!

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

Mouth of Madness is not only my favorite Carpenter flick, but my favorite Lovecraft-inspired flick.

Anyway, I watched Puppet Master: The Littleist Reich.
Weird.  Very weird.  Some fun gore and really great music.  Left me wanting more, so I'm up for a sequel.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Black Dynamite

"Fiendish Doctor Wu, you done f**ked up now!" :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed