Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,848 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The 13th Warrior

"Do we have anything resembling a plan?" "Ride til we find them. Kill them all."

Master Chief

Master Chief

Love that movie.  "The dog can jump."

No One Will Save You

Great performance with a cool ending (at least for me).

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Master Chief on Oct 27, 2023, 03:01:58 AMLove that movie.  "The dog can jump."

"It's all right, little brother... there are more!"

Master Chief

Master Chief

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Les Miserables (2012)

Prez

Prez

Five Nights at Freddy's - tagged along with my (now) 13 year old daughter and her school friends for her birthday party outing. Surprisingly enjoyable `family' level horror film.

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Predator (1987) AD version.

Not super impressed. It doesn't mention that Mac and Dillon are black dudes, that Billy is a Native American.

Blaine is described as carrying a "heavy machine gun" which is actually a mini-gun, a  6 barrel rotary machine gun which is a way more dramatic visual.

The TTS is jarring when it mis-emphasises or strangely pronounces a word.

Bit of a shame. Still, it's a great movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

30 Days of Night

More like 30 Days of Mid. I kid, it's not the worst thing, just kind of okay and a bit overhyped. Weird seeing Manu Bennett not playing a badass.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Don't Look Up - 2021

Accurate when it comes to human behaviour. :laugh:

Evil Dead Rise - 2023

I think it's my first Evil Dead movie. Not bad. 8)

Prez

Prez

TMNT Mutant Mayhem
A lot of good. A lot of hmmm too. Some of the retcon of canon had me a bit annoyed.
Couldn't figure out if Splinter was Jewish New Yorker or just Jackie Chan.

Instantly recognised the sound of (& pleasantly surprised) Reznor & Ross on the Soundtrack. Very cool. Absolutely laughed my head off when I heard the classic `He Man What's Up' song meme played though.

I was also in a love/hate relationship with that animation style.
That said, I was entertained by the end of it - great third act and Ice Cube stole the show as Super-fly

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

"It's getting late, I could use a drink!"  :laugh:  Dr. Challis might be the most functional alcoholic in horror history.

Prince of Darkness

"Normally I like being dominated by women."  :laugh: Definitely one of Carpenter's best. And no I didn't deliberately pick two films with epic mustaches.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In the Mouth of Madness

And this is why Alan Grant doesn't like kids.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 31, 2023, 09:39:31 PMPrince of Darkness

"Normally I like being dominated by women."  :laugh: Definitely one of Carpenter's best. And no I didn't deliberately pick two films with epic mustaches.

Over the years, I'd say it has grown to become my second favorite Carpenter movie, right after The Thing.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 01, 2023, 05:57:22 AMIn the Mouth of Madness

And this is why Alan Grant doesn't like kids.
:laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

Rocky
Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky IV

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed