What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,992 times)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Lone Warrior on Apr 12, 2009, 02:16:07 PM
I take it from that pic the 'Assembly Cut' isn't the most popular thing in the Aliens franchise.......

The opposite actually. It's considered by quite a few of us on here to be far superior to the Theatrical Cut of the movie.

Do you have the Quadrilogy set? If so, then you already have the AC   ;D

And the pic was for shits and gigs dude   ;D

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 12, 2009, 02:19:07 PM
Quote from: Lone Warrior on Apr 12, 2009, 02:16:07 PM
I take it from that pic the 'Assembly Cut' isn't the most popular thing in the Aliens franchise.......

The opposite actually. It's considered by quite a few of us on here to be far superior to the Theatrical Cut of the movie.

Do you have the Quadrilogy set? If so, then you already have the AC   ;D

And the pic was for shits and gigs dude   ;D

Oh right, sorry. I dont ahve the quadrilogy set, I bought eahc of them indivdually, as they dont sell the quadrilogy set where I live. But, what is 'Assembly Cut' then?

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

I'm gonna chime right in here on the answer to the assembly cut of Alien 3.

Kinda like Vulhala's avatar the Alien comes from an Ox not like his sig..a dog ;)

(sorry couldn't resist)

Its a much better version then the theatrical cut. If you can rent it from Net Flicks or somewhere...get it :)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Lone Warrior on Apr 12, 2009, 02:27:13 PM
But, what is 'Assembly Cut' then?

It's basically an extended version of the film, with a slightly different beginning sequence. If you click here there is a section on the site with some more details on it mate  :)

BTW, where do you live, if you don't mind me asking?   ???

EDIT: Damn Darwinsgirl, you type fast!! ;D

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

I live in Ireland, (but like i said in the "What the hell are you?" thread, I'm Scottish. Anyway, lets jsut say, this place is very, 'limited'. If you catch my drift.

And thanks for the link, I'll check it out now.

E1: Ok, I checked out that link you had in your post. And it seems, the version I watched was the 'Assembly cut'. Now that explains alot.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Lone Warrior on Apr 12, 2009, 02:37:52 PM
I live in Ireland, (but like i said in the "What the hell are you?" thread, I'm Scottish. Anyway, lets jsut say, this place is very, 'limited'. If you catch my drift.

Too many white people?

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 12, 2009, 05:26:59 PM
Quote from: Lone Warrior on Apr 12, 2009, 02:37:52 PM

Too many white people?

Lol, no. Nvm it anyway lol. Lets just say, for me, it doesn't match up to Scotland.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Haha, so it IS too many white people then! Coz of all of you...tea-sipping, crumpet-eating UKers!!! ;)

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 12, 2009, 05:42:30 PM
Haha, so it IS too many white people then! Coz of all of you...tea-sipping, crumpet-eating UKers!!! ;)

LMFAO!! I don't think I've eaten a crumpet in my life lol. You got me on the tea though. The entire British empire was built on cups of tea   ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Crumpets are tasty. But I can't help myself when it comes to stereotyping UK folk with tea :P

Lone Warrior

Lone Warrior

Quote from: Vulhala on Apr 12, 2009, 05:46:00 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 12, 2009, 05:42:30 PM

LMFAO!! I don't think I've eaten a crumpet in my life lol. You got me on the tea though. The entire British empire was built on cups of tea   ;D

Amen to that. I mean, I'm Scottish, but I still like tea lol. So, who has tried haggis?

walterf

walterf

For me, the first Predator film did it. I was about 3 or 4 when the first Pred film came out on tape and my parents got it and I saw it and I was just hooked. Then I saw Pred 2, got the AVP comics, the toys, all the games and been following ever since. I've been into it since at least p2 or 93.

philsaw101134

philsaw101134

What made me a fan?
The Alien. Simple as that.
I love the creature, it's life cycle, how dangerous it is, how intelligent it is, and how elegant it is.
I was about 10 or 11 when my dad bought Alien 1-4 on VHS, and I ended up watching them. I found Alien slow, but awesome (I appreciate it a hell of a lot more now), and I loved the other 3. Now that I have a growing education in film, I appreciate them a lot more on different levels.
Also, I remember my dad buying predator soon afterwards. I watched that, and was captivated by it. 3 years later I cought Predator 2 on TV. ;D

Secret Hero

Secret Hero

What made me a fan?

The Predators and especially Grid. Before, I wasn't that much of a fan of the Alien franchise but when they combined the two flicks it suddenly made me, you can say, interested of knowing the Aliens abilities and how the came to life.

3 simple words that made me a fan:
"Predators... Aliens... EPIC."

AliensA:R-Fan

AliensA:R-Fan

Aliens did it for me. There was something about the aliens that I liked even though when I saw AVP a few months earlier I was rooting for Scar. A few days later Fox Movie Channel just happened to be showing the first three I watched them and I was hooked. Love those Ripley/Newt scences in Aliens.

I had had a respect for Sigourney Weaver as an actress anyway. Saw her in Prayers for Bobby and Baby Mama, I only watched that one because I like Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. I remember seeing the A:R and the Aliens figures as a kid (young kid too, A:R came out when I was about 2 so yeah I was young)  and I remember seeing the A:R video game. You know just flipping through. Could've been at the front of the rack, I have a wondering. I have to observe everything.

Also this question may sound incredibly dumb but why did they release toys for Aliens and A:R if they're both rated R? I mean with Aliens I can understand because the PG-13 rating was just becoming noticeable and people, with the except of the PG-13 rated films, still saw there being three ratings, 'G', 'PG', and 'R'. A:R is the main thing I'm curious about. I could ramble for hours with nothing but these type questions but I get bland and annoying after awhile.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed