What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 155,991 times)

Garo Predator

Garo Predator

Quote from: NoProblem on Feb 06, 2008, 03:07:21 AM
what made me a fan?
well...it was the awesomeness of the Predator.
I watched when I was a little kid. I loved.
then one day I rented Alien. I liked, not as much but still.

Let me tell you something  if you saw aliens first before everything else you would be a hardcore alien fan but i saw avp and saw how predator was a bad ass so i fell in love wit him he was freaking  awesome.

Master Chief

Master Chief

Quote from: Garo Predator on Feb 06, 2008, 03:16:11 AM
Let me tell you something  if you saw aliens first before everything else you would be a hardcore alien fan but i saw avp and saw how predator was a bad ass so i fell in love wit him he was freaking  awesome.

You became a hardcore fan of the Predator after watching AvP, and not only that, you thought the Predators were badass?  I wonder what kind of fan you would've been if you watched the original Predator first.

Edit:  Never mind, you're only 13.  It's not your fault. ;)

severen76

severen76

^^Lol.....

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: NoProblem on Feb 06, 2008, 03:07:21 AM
what made me a fan?
well...it was the awesomeness of the Predator.
I watched when I was a little kid. I loved.
then one day I rented Alien. I liked, not as much but still.

What Master Chief said. And you're the 1st person who's ever said that about AvP lol

Garo Predator

Garo Predator

Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 06, 2008, 03:53:31 PM

You became a hardcore fan of the Predator after watching AvP, and not only that, you thought the Predators were badass?  I wonder what kind of fan you would've been if you watched the original Predator first.

I think i got owned

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

garo preds not the only one, i liked the preds in avp, not there  design but there presence in the movie...

zombiecow69

zombiecow69

What made me a fan?, well I'm a big sci-fi fan, I like the halo game series, Stargate sg1 and Atlantis, some star trek, any good sci-fi film, and of course the alien and predator series.

I am not bias towards aliens or predators, bother are really good, and both made really good movies, right now tho' I'm in a predator mood, having just re-watched the first predator film, wasn't arnie such an awesome actor?, I also recently took an interest in researching both aliens and predators finding out stuff the movie didn't show, like did you know predators are called "Yautja" in there own language,  :P

Garo Predator

Garo Predator

Quote from: zombiecow69 on Feb 07, 2008, 01:14:57 PM
What made me a fan?, well I'm a big sci-fi fan, I like the halo game series, Stargate sg1 and Atlantis, some star trek, any good sci-fi film, and of course the alien and predator series.

I am not bias towards aliens or predators, bother are really good, and both made really good movies, right now tho' I'm in a predator mood, having just re-watched the first predator film, wasn't arnie such an awesome actor?, I also recently took an interest in researching both aliens and predators finding out stuff the movie didn't show, like did you know predators are called "Yautja" in there own language,  :P

Yes, Yes i did :P

Predatory-Intent

Predatory-Intent

Quote from: Garo Predator on Feb 07, 2008, 12:42:56 AM
Quote from: Master Chief on Feb 06, 2008, 03:53:31 PM

I think i got owned

LMFAO! :D

acid18

acid18

i first got into the whole franchise, when i was asking my dad what descent horror films ther were which he had seen and alien came up which i checkd out when i was about 10 and got shit scared out of me and the weird thing was that the xenomorph did'nt scare me it was the music and atmosphere which freaked me out i eventually got the quadrilogy when i was 15 i think and loved it and that really got me hooked on it
and i went to c avp requiem yday and thounght it was great way better than avp god did that suck so bad requiem shud of been a remake of avp but it wasn't which now has ruined the chance to make a perfect trilogy once the third comes out. can't wait to c the final battle on the homeworlds predators to win forsure :)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: acid18 on Feb 12, 2008, 08:23:42 PM
i first got into the whole franchise, when i was asking my dad what descent horror films ther were which he had seen and alien came up which i checkd out when i was about 10 and got shit scared out of me and the weird thing was that the xenomorph did'nt scare me it was the music and atmosphere which freaked me out i eventually got the quadrilogy when i was 15 i think and loved it and that really got me hooked on it
and i went to c avp requiem yday and thounght it was great way better than avp god did that suck so bad requiem shud of been a remake of avp but it wasn't which now has ruined the chance to make a perfect trilogy once the third comes out. can't wait to c the final battle on the homeworlds predators to win forsure :)

Glad you enjoyed AvP:R. And welcome to The Galaxy! :D

Six-String-Samurai

Six-String-Samurai

i watched aliens at the age of 3 (no sound though, my dad didn't want me repeating swear words).  and ive been hooked ever since  :D 

oh by the way welcome.

Xeno-Wolf

Xeno-Wolf

For anyone born in the early 80s in the UK will fondly remember this phrase...

"Aliens will continue after the news."

Got to love the edited for tv versions of Predator and Aliens - where the news would cut the movie in half due to the 9 o Clock news...not to the mention the dubbed swearing.
(Robocop was excellent for this!)

But yeah, I saw Aliens when I was about 11 and it scared me intensely! So much so that I had nightmares for weeks to follow...and then after that, I became sort of mildly obsessed by the alien and things of a similar nature - which makes sense as apparently, there is a clear link between fear and obsession...I guess that's how the brain deals with stuff.

I had both Aliens and Predator taped off the tv on video (remember those? lol) and I watched it so often that I eventually remembered all the adverts...haha.

But yes, Aliens made me a fan...and it all went on from there...

Angel_Seb

Angel_Seb

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 17, 2008, 10:24:23 PM
Quote from: Angel_Seb on Jan 16, 2008, 07:34:01 AM
..Also, Scar is the bomb. Can't wait to see the original Pred movies...

If you think Scar is the bomb, I wonder what you'll make of the original Predator when you see it...Nuclear bomb  ???

Actually, now Scar is like the ultimate bomb, and then the Pred from the first movie is the nuclear bomb, and Pussyface is the bomb. XD

Weasel

Weasel

Can't really remember. I think it was Aliens that started it. The first game added to the AVP part of it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed