DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017)

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 05, 2016, 07:51:53 PM

Author
DH Announces Aliens: Dead Orbit (April 2017) (Read 84,380 times)

Russ840

Quote from: Kurai on Apr 08, 2017, 09:59:22 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 08, 2017, 03:38:52 PM
They will be in colour. There are coloured ones in the preview. It has a breakdown his process and shows one image for stage. Breakdowns, inked and coloured

That is good to hear!  :laugh:
It may sound shallow, but I find black and white comics often to be a deal breaker unless backed up by really good writing.

Nothing shallow about that mate. That's just your preference.

So have you not read Aliens Book One ?

SM

Or the original AvP prologue?

Aliens Book One is a cracker in black and white.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2017, 08:14:57 AM

That was a real treat in the Aliens Loot Crate last year.

426Buddy

I like color, but sometimes black and white just makes the art look better.

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Apr 09, 2017, 08:14:57 AM

Agreed about the AVP prologue. It's better in black and white. The recolour is not good.

Quote from: 426Buddy on Apr 10, 2017, 03:22:54 PM
I like color, but sometimes black and white just makes the art look better.

Indeed. I think Earth war would have benefited from being Black and White. Perhaps the art would have been less Jarring.

Kurai

Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 09, 2017, 07:19:39 AM

I have, I'm not really a fan of the art or the writing for the original comics, or even the coloured rereleases. There was a lot of cringeworthy dialogue and awkward sexual tension that came off as forced and undeveloped to me. The books were quite a bit better IIRC, but yeah... There's also the fact I read these first when I was around 8 or 9 and I'd already seen Alien 3, causing some cognitive disconnect.  :P

bobby brown

LOVING the vibes of this. This is my kind of artwork! Alien always had a vein in that Moebius/heavy metal aesthetic.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Another interview with artist James Stokoe, a new variant cover as well.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2017/04/james-stokoe-bursts-into-aliens-dead-orbit-plus-an.html

HuDaFuK

That cover is stellar.

Whiskeybrewer

I want that cover lol

Russ840

I'm honestly not fond of that cover. Not sure why.

Russ840

http://www.weirdsciencedccomics.com/2017/03/advance-review-aliens-deadly-orbit-1.html

Another early review here. Beware spoilers.

Another great write up here. We could be on the road to another Aliens comic as great as Book 2 and Labyrinth.

SM

Quote from: Kurai on Apr 13, 2017, 07:09:22 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Apr 09, 2017, 07:19:39 AM

I have, I'm not really a fan of the art or the writing for the original comics, or even the coloured rereleases. There was a lot of cringeworthy dialogue and awkward sexual tension that came off as forced and undeveloped to me. The books were quite a bit better IIRC, but yeah... There's also the fact I read these first when I was around 8 or 9 and I'd already seen Alien 3, causing some cognitive disconnect.  :P

What were some examples of cringeworthy dialogue and awkward sexual tension?

Russ840

Russ840

Just read the first issue. Awesome. I won't  go into it but sooooo good.

Also. I think this would have been better served to be titled Alien: Dead Orbit rather than the plural.

Whiskeybrewer

Picked this up today. Got the normal cover rather than the variant, but i do love how James Stokes name is as big as the title lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed