News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 562,722 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Denton Smalls on Jul 31, 2016, 08:49:55 PM
If I remember correctly with Prometheus, which came out in June in the US, the full trailer came out in December.

There was a one minute teaser that came out sometime before that though...

There was a behind the scenes featurette that was shown at SDCC but we're past that now. It'd be nice if we got something but if we do, I don't think it'll be big.

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jul 31, 2016, 08:55:05 PM
Is the official Covenant related??

No mate, just fan art.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Himmelblau on Jul 31, 2016, 08:55:05 PM
Is the official Covenant related??

The Corporal needs those clicks mate. Ad revenue you see, which is why he hashtags it #AlienCovenant  ;)  :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Occasionally I do something disgusting like tag some fan art #AlienCovenant to garner interest.  :P It makes me shudder when I do it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Reminds me of how Blomkamp used to abuse those hashtags on his instagram account. He'd post a pic of his Hummer or gun collection or something and then hashtag it #CuteKitten, #Sushi, #Happy, #Pizza or some shit. Shameless!   :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Lol. Really?  :laugh: That's taking it too far.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Some clearer pictures of the clapper. This particular piece was given away as a gift. It's a replica, none production used.

QuoteWell, I can now publicly announce my internship that I did on Ridley Scott's 'Alien Covenant'. It was a blast working with the talented people at Fox Studio's Sydney, especially with the amazing art department crew who were very generous and supporting of a newbie like me! A big thanks to Screen Australia's Indigenous Department who made this all possible!

Jonathan Saunders who interned in the art department. http://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/sa/newsroom/news/2016/mr-160801-indigenous-department-celebrates-attachm#.V6CDnQvCDWw.facebook

BonesawT101

If the alien in the movie looks anything like that we're in for a treat!

Perfect-Organism

I'm less thrilled about this alien design than I am about the fact that this idea pays tribute to Giger.  With the eyes in front it looks like any old monster.

SiL

You two do realise that's one of the Necronomicon paintings the original Alien was based on, not concept art for this movie, right ... ?

Perfect-Organism

Oh yes.  Of course.  I saw this a quarter century ago.  But I think the actual Alien came out better than this.  I'd appreciate seeing this as a tribute, but it wouldn't be better than what we have.  Inferior actually.  We'll see.  I'm at least optimistic that this is making a reference to Giger.

acrediblesource

inferior? the original design is by far scarier than what the costume came to be. In fact they tried variations trying to get the original designs look with the transparency/translucent version which never came to be.  I would say Alien was less than what was originally imagined, and now that we have the technology, it will come out even more truer than ever.

Scorpio

Giger's designs for Alien, while brilliant, is nothing compared to the Necronomicon on which it was based.  The alien is clearly based on a man in a suit.  The Necronomicon is truly 'alien' - a nighmarish, erotic fusion of biology and technology.  The original Alien came closest to the Necronomicon but it was still a sanitised version.

BishopShouldGo

Isn't it called Necronom IV?

SiL

The finished version was a much more plausible, cohesive thing than either of the Necromonicon paintings it was based on. One of them had leggings and the other had no legs. Let's be reasonable here.

426Buddy

426Buddy

I think the original alien design is perfect even if the actual suit wasn't. It is a terrific realization of gigers art.

The alien3 creature design is also great, I  love the puppet and the way it moved.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed