More "Fire and Stone" Previews

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 04, 2014, 03:55:23 PM

Author
More "Fire and Stone" Previews (Read 43,677 times)

shadowedge

shadowedge

I did not know that each of these was going to be a 4 issue mini series. That is awesome. I hope it sells well enough to rejuvenate this series of comics for years.

Corporal Hicks

I saw the posters - nothing about a mini-comic though.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Maybe that was referring to the Isolation comic?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 28, 2014, 06:40:46 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2014, 07:46:05 AM

Maybe that was referring to the Isolation comic?

Seems most likely.

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291202321494

Looks like there was a mini comic!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: 85 on Jul 29, 2014, 01:38:37 PM
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=291202321494

Looks like there was a mini comic!

Very interesting. I wonder if it's just a compilation of the pages we've seen in previews. At $70, it looks like that will remain a mystery.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 29, 2014, 04:09:27 PM
Very interesting. I wonder if it's just a compilation of the pages we've seen in previews. At $70, it looks like that will remain a mystery.

Likely a compilation, wouldn't get my hopes up. That said...we're not too far off from Aliens #1

Does anyone think this "re-boot" could be worse than the 2009 attempt?

Quote from: happypred on Jul 30, 2014, 01:39:55 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jul 29, 2014, 04:09:27 PM

Likely a compilation, wouldn't get my hopes up. That said...we're not too far off from Aliens #1

Only if they make it over complicated and change artist randomly in the middle of the run. That's what kept me away from some of the earlier comics.

SM

SM

What was so bad about the 2009 run again (other than the fact they didn't take off)?

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jul 30, 2014, 01:39:55 AM

I am not going to say that this run will be good, I am not going to say that this run will be bad.. I will say that I am not going to be spending my money on this upcoming print.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jul 30, 2014, 02:22:41 AM
What was so bad about the 2009 run again (other than the fact they didn't take off)?

Nothing really. Aliens was pretty interesting (but then went nowhere with the questions). Predator was pretty boring. AvP - it was the artwork that mostly turned people off and I understand that. It worked really well during the action scenes but when nothing was happening it was just dull to look at. And it didn't answer the questions about the Alien's appearance.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2014, 07:22:28 AM
AvP - it was the artwork that mostly turned people off and I understand that.

I really wish we could've had a better artist for that run. The art in the comic was just so ugly, and I really didn't like how the characters were drawn. Dark Horse made a terrible choice for the artist as far as I am concerned. However I really did like the storyline and how it tried to tie in the books together, I'll give it that.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2014, 07:22:28 AM
And it didn't answer the questions about the Alien's appearance.

We were promised or at the least, told that we would be given an explanation to why the Aliens had those unusual things on their faces. We were never given said explanation unfortunately.

happypred

happypred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 30, 2014, 02:55:33 PM

I really wish we could've had a better artist for that run. The art in the comic was just so ugly

Ugly and cartoonish...not my cup of tea. I thought Civilised Beasts had much better art and I'm not saying  that CB has phenomenal art

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: happypred on Jul 31, 2014, 12:42:53 AM
Ugly and cartoonish...not my cup of tea. I thought Civilised Beasts had much better art and I'm not saying  that CB has phenomenal art

Thrill of the Hunt and Civilized Beast had a fair enough storyline. The art was just... I don't want to say bad, it definitely wasn't bad but it was dull in some ways. It sort of improved with Civilized Beasts.. Possibly because of the fact they had different colorists. Coloring styles can go a loooooong way.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed