Weyland Industries website updated w/ Corporate Timeline!

Started by Cvalda, Mar 17, 2012, 02:41:35 AM

Author
Weyland Industries website updated w/ Corporate Timeline! (Read 41,592 times)

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 03:37:25 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 17, 2012, 03:33:02 AM
So this time line essentially keeps ALIENS and ALIEN3 as cannon...mentioning a prison planet, a power loader, interstellar marines......I'm liking it. I have so many questions!!
:) Indeed! It's definitely an exciting time to be an ALIEN fan!

Ah, the heck with it.  They could still keep all the same "events", but move the time-line.  I mean, they are already making up the shit, anyways...so would "fans" really complain if the events in "A L I E N" and ALIENS took place a hundred years further into the future then what the original films stated.

EDIT:  On second thought, I am certain they would find a reason to complain.

Cvalda

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 03:40:28 AM
Ah, the heck with it.  They could still keep all the same "events", but move the time-line.  I mean, they are already making up the shit, anyways...so would "fans" really complain if the events in "A L I E N" and ALIENS took place a hundred years further into the future then what the original films stated.
YES. I would, at least :P

Deuterium

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 03:41:59 AM

Fair enough.  I won't harp on the matter anymore.  I suspect I am in the minority on this issue, anyway.

Cheers,
John

bioweapon

bioweapon

Synapse Reestablisher

Weyland Industries earns patent number 18,364,003 for Method and Apparatus for device able to temporarily restart brain activity of deceased individuals.

mmm what for?
also
http://www.projectprometheus.com/245409/

i canĀ“t have access. this turn to be like the jpg founded in the weyland site.

ThisBethesdaSea

And a grand mythology is born.

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 03:37:05 AM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 17, 2012, 03:33:02 AM
So this time line essentially keeps ALIENS and ALIEN3 as cannon...mentioning a prison planet, a power loader, interstellar marines......I'm liking it. I have so many questions!!

The problem, as I have already mentioned, is that "Prometheus" and "Alien" now have to take place in some "alternative" reality.  I mean, look at Kubrick's 2001:  A Space Odyssey.  Basically, the Weyand time-line is setting us up for the same decoherence between reality and fantasy.  If they simply pushed everything back another hundred or more years, then we could still "dream" of the possibility.  The way it stands now...it isn't going to happen in our "universe".

If they pushed it another 100 years it might still work, but this timeline is simply too all over the place for me, while all the films pretty much have set dates. I rather get the impression not only might Prometheus be in some alternate universe, but it seems to be heading away from Alien altogether, while some evidence to the contrary in this timeline, may simply be a polite nod to the films but nothing more.  ???

harlock

I find some of this stuff a little hard to swallow. It does seem we're going on an alternate timeline from Weyland inventing a synthethic trachea when he was 14, I'm not sure that was even a legal use of stem-cell research then, of course I'd like to be proved wrong.

At 25 he invents a use of solar panels to make a continual summer solstice and collect continual solar energy - wouldn't that have adverse side-effects on the weather? He probably needed to get that polar ice-cap atmos up there to cancel out the shiz he pulled with the solar panels!  ::)

He then goes on to Cure Cancer before the TED Talk even happens...  :o

Its like theyre making this guy a superhero but we all know what happens to his Company after he's gone, or is it really going to be that Yutani corrupts the once beneificial MegaCorp.

Also where was the Holo-Environ-Simulator in the ALIEN films, you mean that park environ Ripley sat in at Gateway Station? Wasn't really a Holo Environment was it? And that was 150 years or so after this was invented!  ;D

I wouldn't mind an ATV NR6 though, it can go vertically!  :) We're bound to see it in the film and the Dialectic Implant means we may see some Yutani people about, as there is no gap between English and Japanese conversations now.

The Synapse Reestablisher may get some screentime too.

Deuterium

Oops...they spelled "Acheron" wrong:

QuoteDiscovery of Archeron LV-426
Weyland astronomers discover multiple moons and a ringed planet just outside the Zeta 2 Reticula System, which are possibly able to support life. Weyland expects to travel there within the century

Spidey3121

Quote from: Deuterium on Mar 17, 2012, 03:45:11 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 17, 2012, 03:41:59 AM

Fair enough.  I won't harp on the matter anymore.  I suspect I am in the minority on this issue, anyway.

Cheers,
John

I enjoy the scientific knowledge you bring to the table, but i also have no qualms with the timeline presented here. I've already accepted that it takes place in a world other than our own, as so many science fiction films do. I don't know that anyone would go in with the mindset that this all may one day be a reality. I mean, i suppose it could be, but that'd be highly unlikely.

Cvalda

I doubt it's worth getting too worked up over some of the sillier aspects of this--just remember, this isn't the movie, this a viral marketing website designed to be a fun thing for fans. Most of this stuff, aside from obviously glaring plot points, probably isn't even going to be referenced in the film.

harlock

Also it says the Lifeboat can sustain someone for 50 years, perhaps the link to ALIEN is part of the film is set after ALIEN when someone scavenges a Lifeboat with one of the crew in it??  :o

Maybe all references to the Nostromo and the alien collection is wiped due to the warning this crew member gives to the Company. Cue ALIENS a few more decades after...

ThisBethesdaSea

An alternate time line to what exactly? People, this is pure fiction, science fiction. Come now. Just enjoy this, Jesus.

bioweapon

what about this

http://www.projectprometheus.com/245409/

can somebody find the password?

RoaryUK

RoaryUK

Cure for the Common Cancer

Scientists from the Health Division identify the genetic chain of events for 98% of cancers. Using genetically-altered cells as well as elements found beyond Earth's heavens, Weyland successfully deploys an effective cure for almost all cancers.
June 1, 2022

This part also bothers me in relation to ALIENS, where we learn from Burke not all cancers have been cured, that Ripley's daughter indeed died of cancer a few years prior in (pressumably) 2177, yet Weyland Industries was able to cure most cancers by 2022, over 150 years before the fact!!  This just doesn't seem right at all. 

LarsVader

Quote from: RoaryUK on Mar 17, 2012, 04:11:05 AM
Cure for the Common Cancer

Scientists from the Health Division identify the genetic chain of events for 98% of cancers. Using genetically-altered cells as well as elements found beyond Earth's heavens, Weyland successfully deploys an effective cure for almost all cancers.
June 1, 2022

This part also bothers me in relation to ALIENS, where we learn from Burke not all cancers have been cured, that Ripley's daughter indeed died of cancer a few years prior in (pressumably) 2177, yet Weyland Industries was able to cure most cancers by 2022, over 150 years before the fact!!  This just doesn't seem right at all.
Haha, good one!
I bet they didn't think of that.  :D :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed