Why did the Fugitive Attack the humans?

Started by Vermillion, Nov 30, 2018, 01:00:30 PM

Author
Why did the Fugitive Attack the humans? (Read 2,678 times)

Vermillion

...if he was coming to deliver the "Predator killer" device to Earth? 

Was it not meant for humans?

Voodoo Magic

The Fugitive Predator was not on Earth to break bread, to make peace with humans. He didn't come to become friends, to sign a peace treaty and promise to never hunt or kill. The Fugitive just came to stop our extinction by a dishonorable rogue clan.

The humans the Fugitive killed had him literally strapped down to a table and were yelling and panicking in a fenzy. The Predator is an intelligent creature. He probably realized what this was:  Captivity.  Humans that wanted to study him, poke and prod, steal his tech. No honorable Yautja is going to be some government trapped lab rat, science experiment. F*ck that. So it had to escape by any means necessary.

JokersWarPig

If I woke up just about naked on a table surrounded by a bunch of strangers speaking a language I may or may not understand..I think I'd react similarly.

Not as elegantly in execution, and nowhere near as effectively mind you.

Huggs

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 30, 2018, 03:26:35 PM
If I woke up just about naked on a table surrounded by a bunch of strangers speaking a language I may or may not understand..I think I'd react similarly.

I think I'd just try to enjoy it.  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Nov 30, 2018, 03:33:29 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 30, 2018, 03:26:35 PM

I think I'd just try to enjoy it.  ;D

Haha Huggs has just started a line, the first to volunteer!

bobcunk

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 30, 2018, 01:56:00 PM
The Fugitive Predator was not on Earth to break bread, to make peace with humans. He didn't come to become friends, to sign a peace treaty and promise to never hunt or kill. The Fugitive just came to stop our extinction by a dishonorable rogue clan.

The humans the Fugitive killed had him literally strapped down to a table and were yelling and panicking in a fenzy. The Predator is an intelligent creature. He probably realized what this was:  Captivity.  Humans that wanted to study him, poke and prod, steal his tech. No honorable Yautja is going to be some government trapped lab rat, science experiment. F*ck that. So it had to escape by any means necessary.

and if you watch that scene youl see that he only killed the people that had weapons and were shooting at him.

Vermillion

He did attack people without weapons. Keyes. Is notable.
But I've only seen it once. 

yhe1

If you rewatch the movie, you'll notice at the beginning fugitive's ship only crashed on earth because it was shot by the ungrade's ship. There was no indication that fugitive wanted to come to earth at all. I think what makes the most sense is that while fugitive wants to keep the suit out of upgrade's hands, all that stuff about bringing a gift for humanity and warning us is just humans misunderstanding everything.   

Naginata

"I'm trying to help you, you dumb round-headed f**ks! RAAAAGH! Oops..."

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 30, 2018, 01:56:00 PM
The Fugitive Predator was not on Earth to break bread, to make peace with humans. He didn't come to become friends, to sign a peace treaty and promise to never hunt or kill. The Fugitive just came to stop our extinction by a dishonorable rogue clan.*

The humans the Fugitive killed had him literally strapped down to a table and were yelling and panicking in a fenzy. The Predator is an intelligent creature. He probably realized what this was:  Captivity.  Humans that wanted to study him, poke and prod, steal his tech.** No honorable Yautja is going to be some government trapped lab rat, science experiment.** F*ck that. So it had to escape by any means necessary.

*Citation required. Pure speculation.

** Pre established lore has made it clear capture or having Yautja tech being obtained to turn one into a bad blood. Also killing unarmed humans is worthy of being labeled as a bad blood. As Fugitive did in the lab. He didn't just kill the guards. He also killed and maimed several unarmed scientists.

http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Yautja_Honor_Code

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 02, 2018, 12:32:41 AM
He did attack people without weapons. Keyes. Is notable.
But I've only seen it once. 

He didn't attack Keyes, he was shot by stargazer men  ;)

Voodoo Magic

Armed or not, all bets are off when your being held in captivity to be studied, poked and prodded. Escape by any means necessary until you confidently have the upper hand.

I see no problems with what the Fugitive did. :)

Vermillion

The fugitive should of made Olivia Munn stand up in the decontamination chamber and he should of scanned her naked. 
And the audience should of got a good view of her.   Just like Halle Berry in Swordfish.
Add a few box office dollars.

The Shuriken

The bigger question to me is why didn't the Fugitive Predator equip the PK suit when he could and wreck the Upgrade?

locusta

Quote from: The Shuriken on Dec 03, 2018, 04:29:51 AM
The bigger question to me is why didn't the Fugitive Predator equip the PK suit when he could and wreck the Upgrade?

Because utter morons are running the Hollywood Sh**show and people essentially forgot how to write a decent script a few years back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed