Will Corporate Spies like Burke be in the game?

Started by Zero, May 14, 2008, 12:44:54 AM

Author
Will Corporate Spies like Burke be in the game? (Read 5,136 times)

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Blitzx on Jun 15, 2008, 03:26:47 PM
More like a scared little weasel

yeah no kidding. He was huge scumbag. I mean at least with Ash you can say he was a malfunctioning android. what is Burke's excuse?

Private Hudson

I never liked Burke, I could tell he was going to be a scumbag the first time he appears onscreen.

Flaming Firefox

Wouldn't it suck if one of the marines was a corporate spy. You would have to be afraid of your own guys shooting you in the back.

Blitzx

Blitzx

Maybe you can have a tension gauge in the game for each character. You have to keep them calm by yelling out things to reassure them or get them riled up for battle.
But as soon as they reach their breaking point, they start to act all wierd e.g. whispering to themselves (which could add to the games atmosphere), might turn on you, give you up, use you as a shield or run away leaving you hangin' in the middle of a firefight - you get the picture.

Private Hudson

^ You mean like The Things gameplay?

Kimarhi

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 19, 2008, 10:24:42 PM
Wouldn't it suck if one of the marines was a corporate spy. You would have to be afraid of your own guys shooting you in the back.

I was about to say the same thing, but I was thinking more along the lines of a plot twist.  But I feel you, its familiar enough to recall company scumbags from the film, but not entirely so that you wouldn't be surprised when he was found out.

While Burke wasn't really a spy per se, he still was a greedy scumbag.

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: Blitzx on Jun 19, 2008, 10:47:47 PM
Maybe you can have a tension gauge in the game for each character. You have to keep them calm by yelling out things to reassure them or get them riled up for battle.
But as soon as they reach their breaking point, they start to act all wierd e.g. whispering to themselves (which could add to the games atmosphere), might turn on you, give you up, use you as a shield or run away leaving you hangin' in the middle of a firefight - you get the picture.

Wow that would be pretty intense. Having someone on your team going psycho would be bad! :o I wonder if they have areas where you aren't supposed to take certain weapons, because of um explosive potential.

Everyone break out your flamers! And shotguns...

Blitzx

Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 20, 2008, 02:48:54 AM

Not sure, haven't played it.

Quote from: Flaming Firefox on Jun 20, 2008, 08:48:34 PM
I wonder if they have areas where you aren't supposed to take certain weapons, because of um explosive potential.

Everyone break out your flamers! And shotguns...

Nice idea. You'd probably get to manually switch the ammo in-game so it feels more realistic.

Sykopathic

Quote from: Blitzx on Jun 21, 2008, 07:13:02 PM
Quote from: Private Hudson on Jun 20, 2008, 02:48:54 AM

Not sure, haven't played it.

Yea that was a big squad mechanic in The Thing. Great game.

void-dragon

Maybe not a spy...what woyuld they be spying on? I imagine WY after the aliens, so why would they send someone to spy on their own marines? But i would like to see character deceptions, company betrayal is one of the main themes in the Alien films so it must be in there!

NintendoMan

Maybe a rogue marine??

He's working for WY??

Could be cool.

AvPvTerminator

How about a WY 'droid like in that alien comic?

Private Hudson

Maybe one of the marines could be a Weyland Yutani Soldier in disguise as a USCM.

MIMIC

MIMIC

OMG yes, please have a traitor in the game. ;D I love the aliens movie and the fact that they had to watch eachothers backs. ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed